QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What's your favorite Videogame?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What's your favorite Videogame? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
Shawn
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.17.08
  What's your favorite Videogame?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Shawn Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Here are mine in order:
1: Call of Duty 4
2: Halo CE
3: Halo 2
4: PGR 3
5: Kingdom hearts (because it has tron and Final Fantasy and POTC in it. )
6: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
7: Metroid Prime
8: Halo 3
9: MGS VR missions and the first MGS.
8: Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2
9: Final Fantasy 7
10: Final Fantasy 10 and 10 2.
What are yours?

08.19.2008, 09:36 AM Shawn is offline   Profile for Shawn Add Shawn to your buddy list
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

All I really have is a top 3, and even then, two of them are tied.

1. Cave Story
2. Yoshi's Island/Super Metroid

Yoshi's Island perfected the action platformer, Super Metroid perfected the adventure platformer, and Cave Story took elements of them both and created something just as fun--only it was free. So I bumped it up to first place.

08.19.2008, 10:20 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Im not making a best to worst list, but just a list of games I really like:

Metroid Prime
Super Mario Brothers 3
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros Brawl (and Meelee)
Any Mario Kart
Zelda A Link to the Past
Ocarina of Time
Zelda: Twilight Princess
The Orange Box
Gears of War
Mass Effect
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Patapon

Theres more, but I cant remember right now.

08.19.2008, 11:09 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My favourite game is "The Last Express", a mystery/adventure game which takes place on the final trip of the Orient Express before the outbreak of war in Europe. Everything in the game takes place in real time - you overhear conversations, see people walking along the train, and may miss important events without even knowing it.

08.19.2008, 12:01 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I can't really put mine in order either, but some games/series I really like are: Okami, Metal Gear Solid, Monkey Island, Final Fantasy, Valkyrie Profile, Katamari and Pokemon (shut up ). I also really enjoy puzzle games for some reason. I'll mention if anything else comes to me.

08.19.2008, 12:04 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
MagicalTotoro
Calcifer

Registration Date: 07.29.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by MagicalTotoro Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Xenogears
Final Fantasy (Don't have a particular one though, but I think I like the earlier ones)
Legend Of Zelda-Twilight Princess
Tekken 3
Street Fighter 2

08.19.2008, 01:38 PM MagicalTotoro is offline   Profile for MagicalTotoro Add MagicalTotoro to your buddy list YIM Screenname: bulls23fan84
Loscil
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
I can't really put mine in order either, but some games/series I really like are: Okami, Metal Gear Solid, Monkey Island, Final Fantasy, Valkyrie Profile, Katamari and Pokemon (shut up ). I also really enjoy puzzle games for some reason. I'll mention if anything else comes to me.

Try puzzle quest. It's pretty awesome.

08.19.2008, 03:11 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by JRR
quote:
Originally posted by arren18

Try puzzle quest. It's pretty awesome.

I had the free demo on my PC for a while. I quite enjoyed it. I might get the game on PSP or something, cos I'll be able to get it pretty cheap.

08.19.2008, 03:13 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've played very few.. XD Mainly because my sister won't let me touch hers. Lemme see..

1. Dance Dance Revolution *any game of it as long as I can play it. I wish they'd keep more of the songs from the Japanese version >.< I like those ones from the arcade at the movie theatre* PS2

2. The World Ends with You *nintendo DS*. I really like the graphics and dialoque. T.T Just I can't seem to access some things yet for odd reasons.. It won't work no matter what the booklet says to do. And where's Joshua?!

3. Kingdom Hearts 2 (I own both and want the DS versions, but I seem to like the second one better. My sister tries to kill me when I say "Roxas x Axel = love".)

4. Harvest Moon games..

08.19.2008, 03:28 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ooh FFF, you're an AkuRoku fan huh? Awesome. XD

Here's my list... damn, that was hard - admitting that I actually did enjoy Okami more than KH2. 'Cause KH2 is like... stuffed with bishies. Okami has, like... one. o_o

1. Okami
2. Kingdom Hearts 2
3. Kingdom Hearts
4. All three Sly Cooper games
5. Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban (the best of the five HP games IMO)
6. Ty the Tasmanian Tiger
7. AtTheRaces Gallop Racer
8. The Sims 2 (not actually that fun once the novelty wears off )
9. Reel Fishing III
10. Athens 2004 (this sucks btw XD)

My Anime List

08.19.2008, 05:41 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Shawn
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Shawn Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm more of a shooter person.
I like some puzzle, mystery, and horror games. I hate RTS's.

08.19.2008, 06:03 PM Shawn is offline   Profile for Shawn Add Shawn to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

1.) ff7
2.) ff9
3.) ff8 or heroes 2

08.19.2008, 09:03 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've always enjoyed the irony of the title "Final Fantasy," though I unfortunately haven't had a chance to play any of the games.

Post last edited by Orphic Okapi on 08.19.2008, 10:10 PM.

08.19.2008, 10:10 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Orphic Okapi
I've always enjoyed the irony of the title "Final Fantasy," though I unfortunately haven't had a chance to play any of the games.

Wow, well, I guess the series really isnt for everyone.

Just one game off the top of my head: Burnout 3. I sunk so many hours into that game its ridiculous.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

08.19.2008, 10:39 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Cave Story
Proffesor Layton and the Curious Village
Metroid Zero Mission
Pokemon Gold version
Paper Mario 2 The Thousand Year Door
Yoshi Touch and Go
Animal crossing: Wild World
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
Metroid Prime 2
Super Monkey Ball 2
Tetris

Check out my music:

Post last edited by Tea Master Tall on 08.20.2008, 09:04 AM.

08.20.2008, 09:02 AM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
Loscil
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by Orphic Okapi

Well, it's exactly because you don't know the games, that you think it's ironic. I have never played one either, but I know enough for the title to make sense.
The title originally came from Square (the developer) going bankrupt and making it their last game. It was so successful the company stayed in business.

The title makes sense in every re-iteration because, as far as I understand, every iteration is the Final Fantasy of a certain fantastic (in the genre sense) world. So for example, the universe in final fantasy III is completely different from that in the classic FF VII. That's why you have games with ridiculous titles like FF XII 2, which means it's part two of the games in the Final Fantasy XII universe.
Also, it's just a brand name anyway. It's like suing Michael Ende for the untruthfulness of his novel "The Never Ending Story".

Does that make sense now?

Question. As you guys know. I recently completed the awesome Patapon on PSP. As I'm still in my Hols, I have no access to my lovely 360 or my Wii, so I feel like possibly getting a second game.
I thought of LocoRoco, as it's the same developer and in the same vein, but I heard it's pretty short, and I'm looking for something to sink into rather than something to play in short bursts.
I've heard very good things bout Final Fantasy tactics, anyone played it?
Anyone else got any great long PSP games to recommend (which obviously excludes the, thought brilliant, only 5 hr short God of War PSP)?

08.22.2008, 03:58 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
..Ayami..
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.05.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ..Ayami.. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Has anyone played Syberia 1 or 2?
Very good games, and amazing graphics. Even on the 1st one which it quite old now.

Post last edited by ..Ayami.. on 08.22.2008, 05:08 PM.

08.22.2008, 05:07 PM ..Ayami.. is offline   Profile for ..Ayami.. Add ..Ayami.. to your buddy list
Orphic Okapi
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by JRR
Well, it's exactly because you don't know the games, that you think it's ironic. I have never played one either, but I know enough for the title to make sense.
The title originally came from Square (the developer) going bankrupt and making it their last game. It was so successful the company stayed in business.

The title makes sense in every re-iteration because, as far as I understand, every iteration is the Final Fantasy of a certain fantastic (in the genre sense) world. So for example, the universe in final fantasy III is completely different from that in the classic FF VII. That's why you have games with ridiculous titles like FF XII 2, which means it's part two of the games in the Final Fantasy XII universe.

Actually, I knew all of that stuff. Believe me, if you try making fun of Final Fantasy around a fanatic, you will be informed. I was just making gentle fun; I wasn't really being serious.

I still don't see how people can manage not to find humor in the fact that there are like twenty-some games in a series called "Final Fantasy."

quote:
Also, it's just a brand name anyway. It's like suing Michael Ende for the untruthfulness of his novel "The Never Ending Story".

When exactly did I mention suing Square for their title?

Good book, though.

08.23.2008, 12:26 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wrong! They're just coming out with thirteen, I think.

Yeah, favorites!

Kay, my favorite is probably "Wild Arms: Altercode F" which is a redo of the first Wild Arms, but for Ps2. Yeah! Nobody has ever really heard of it however, which is really rather sad..
Yeah, second, perhaps first is Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles in all it's awesome ful ness.
And then.. uh... Final Fantasy three for the ds. It's rather awesome.

Yeah.. that's all that I can think of at the moment, wahoo!

I used to like the Sims, but I got rather bored with that after awhile.

08.23.2008, 02:56 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@kiki
no when you count up the psp ff games and game cubes ff game not to mention the gameboy ff games you'd get about 20 altogether..

08.23.2008, 04:05 AM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks