QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Studio Ghibli Game: Ninokuni
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Ghibli Discussions Studio Ghibli Game: Ninokuni Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3    »  ]
InkAndPixelClub
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.20.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by InkAndPixelClub Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Has it been stated for certain anywhere that this game is not going to get a US release? With much stranger games from Japan having made their way stateside, I really can't imagine why this one would have an inordinate amount of trouble finding a publisher in the US. I heard about the game some time ago and I've been really excited for it, so I would be pretty disappointed if it didn't get a US release.

07.20.2009, 12:37 PM InkAndPixelClub is offline   Profile for InkAndPixelClub Add InkAndPixelClub to your buddy list
Catbus
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 08.14.09
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Catbus Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

[You all must be nuts!Studio Ghibli on a ds game waaaahoo! Its the best news ever, the Spell book sounds amazing fun and my nine year old will be glued and may not see school for weeks. Please, please let there be and english version. We have all the films and are ds and psp addicts loving all adventure fantasy games so this sounds like heaven to us. Hey let's go!

08.14.2009, 03:03 PM Catbus is offline   Profile for Catbus Add Catbus to your buddy list
maggie
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.25.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by maggie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

When I first heard about this game back in 2008, I was ecstatic. I am still extremely excited about it, and I really, REALLY hope that it will get an English language release, and if not, I will import it even though I can't read Japanese. I WILL PLAY THIS GAME!!!

02.25.2010, 02:32 AM maggie is offline   Profile for maggie Add maggie to your buddy list
pickle
Kodama

Registration Date: 08.09.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by pickle Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I find this thread a lil strange. Ni no Kuni or "The Another World" is not a Studio Ghibli game, it is a Level 5 game that hired Studio Ghibli to do the animation sequences for the game. Level 5 did the in-game animation and the story. I believe this is the way it was done, I could be wrong though.

That said, I still want it, I love Studio Ghibli and have also purchased every Level 5 Game released. If you are into Fantasy Games I highly recommend Dark Cloud 1 & 2 for the PS2.

I have no doubt that this game game will be released in both the UK and North America. Almost all Level 5 Games have been released in the western world. Not their Soccer series though.

Also, as a side note, There was once a game for the PS1 called Jade Cocoon and it was made in collaboration with Katsuya Kondō. Katsuya Kondō was a Character designer for Kiki's Delivery Service and I Can Hear the Sea (Ocean Waves). So this will not be the first time we see the quality animation of Studio Ghibli in a video game. Though Studio Ghibli was not directly involved in this game.

Back to the discussion, does anybody here remember who was doing the music for 'The Another World'? I can't seem to remember if it will be by Level 5 or if Ghibli will be doing it for them.

03.25.2010, 12:04 PM pickle is offline   Profile for pickle Add pickle to your buddy list
Artoo
Warawara

Registration Date: 07.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Artoo Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by pickle
Back to the discussion, does anybody here remember who was doing the music for 'The Another World'? I can't seem to remember if it will be by Level 5 or if Ghibli will be doing it for them.

Well, as if the animation and artwork didn't already make it an exciting enough proposition... Joe Hisaishi is doing the music apparently, the cartridge is going to be extra big so it can include his music.

http://www.destructoid.com/biggest-ds-ca...pg-151120.phtml

Post last edited by Artoo on 03.25.2010, 03:14 PM.

03.25.2010, 03:12 PM Artoo is offline   Profile for Artoo Add Artoo to your buddy list
E_Hakki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 12.29.05
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by E_Hakki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yep, excited about this too....wonder what the other mystery platform will be.

Only thing that annoys me is the title. Was it really that difficult to produce a translation that makes sense?

"The Other World" not "The Another World"!

http://rapidshare.com/files/119113404/My..._Comic.rar.html
Imouto He Scans -
http://rapidshare.com/files/120625788/Imouto_He.rar.html
Le Roi Et L'Oiseau English Subs -
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J732GAHR
Original Mononoke Story in English -
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K8A2YGU6

Post last edited by E_Hakki on 03.26.2010, 01:01 PM.

03.26.2010, 12:10 PM E_Hakki is offline   Profile for E_Hakki Add E_Hakki to your buddy list
maggie
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by maggie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by E_Hakki
Yep, excited about this too....wonder what the other mystery platform will be.

I think it was confirmed to be ROID, Level-5's mobile gaming service.

Also, does anyone know who did the character designs? Studio Ghibli or Level-5?

03.26.2010, 05:02 PM maggie is offline   Profile for maggie Add maggie to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Should be Level-5, or someone else they hired. I'm sorry to say, but character design isn't one of ghibli's strongest points.

Still, since ghibli is doing the animation sequence, it won't be strange if a little ghibli influence creeps in.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

03.26.2010, 10:21 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
pickle
Kodama

Registration Date: 08.09.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by pickle Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
Still, since ghibli is doing the animation sequence, it won't be strange if a little ghibli influence creeps in.

Hmm, without a doubt. With how much longer this game will take to come out I would hope, deep down, a lot of influence.

03.27.2010, 12:04 AM pickle is offline   Profile for pickle Add pickle to your buddy list
matthew.
Tanuki

Registration Date: 04.21.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by matthew. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have had my eye on this for months!
they havent really released loads about release etc.

SO EXCITED!!!

EEEEEEEEeeeeeeee!!!!!

03.30.2010, 06:35 PM matthew. is offline   Profile for matthew. Add matthew. to your buddy list
maggie
Calcifer

There are some new magazine scans with screen shots

http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=121746

The pages are out of order, but the Ninokuni scans are in there.

Update: additional details (contains spoilers for early part of the game)

http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=121847

Post last edited by maggie on 04.27.2010, 08:52 PM.

04.27.2010, 03:31 PM maggie is offline   Profile for maggie Add maggie to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

One more reason to get the DSI XL for me, lol.

Heh, doll' name is Shizuku But it's a "him" supposedly, so I guess it's unrelated. Either way, I'm seeing some sort of resemblance to Brave Story somehow, were they in anyway related?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

04.28.2010, 11:44 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
maggie
Calcifer

I don't think there is much point to buying a DSi XL at this point... the 3DS is rumored to be getting a release by the end of this year, which I'm pretty sure will be before Ninokuni gets an international release (if it even does...)

Haha, I noticed the doll's name too XD I was like, "that sounds familiar..."

Anyone else other than me having trouble seeing Oliver as a 13 year old?

04.28.2010, 12:23 PM maggie is offline   Profile for maggie Add maggie to your buddy list
kitsunejr
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.20.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kitsunejr Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

To me it looks like it is going to be released just look at the release dates:-

Release date(s) JP Spring 2010[2]
NA TBA
PAL TBA

04.28.2010, 12:51 PM kitsunejr is offline   Profile for kitsunejr Add kitsunejr to your buddy list
maggie
Calcifer

It's only assumed that it will be released in other countries, but there is no definite confirmation yet... Though, it would be pretty strange if they didn't release it outside of Japan.

Post last edited by maggie on 04.28.2010, 01:01 PM.

04.28.2010, 01:00 PM maggie is offline   Profile for maggie Add maggie to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

With a screen size of less than 4", I'll stick to the XL and wait fo the next version o the 3DS, thanks. Apparently Nintendo is still keeping the habit of making small screens.

Anyway, regardless of export expectations, anyone can just import the game and play it. I'm sure the lack of linguistic capability won't stop most of us, much less the few of us who can understand Japanese.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

04.29.2010, 11:04 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
maggie
Calcifer

I guess that's true... the large screen sizes for the XL have received a lot of praise. I'm personally sticking with my regular DSi until the 3DS comes out - so long is it will have some improved screen size to that, I'll be happy (not that I'm saying that the DSi screen size is bad, I did spend a lot of years gaming on my old DS Phat after all, haha).

Oh and you're right, if Ninokuni doesn't get an international release, I'll just import it (even though I can't read Japanese...)

04.29.2010, 12:01 PM maggie is offline   Profile for maggie Add maggie to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

quote:
Originally posted by maggie
I guess that's true... the large screen sizes for the XL have received a lot of praise. I'm personally sticking with my regular DSi until the 3DS comes out - so long is it will have some improved screen size to that, I'll be happy (not that I'm saying that the DSi screen size is bad, I did spend a lot of years gaming on my old DS Phat after all, haha).
It won't. Nintendo officially released a statement that it won't be anywhere near 4 inches.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

05.04.2010, 10:27 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
maggie
Calcifer

I never said I was expecting a 4 inch screen. The regular DSi has a screen size of 3.25 inches, so I am expecting the 3DS to have some improvement to that. Rumor has it that the screen size will be 3.4 inches, but as I said, that is just a rumor.

On topic, it seems that Ninokuni has been delayed until Fall in Japan...

I found some new screenshots as well
http://www.famitsu.com/image/8285/Opr5pw...3G14Xt74rQ.html

05.04.2010, 12:36 PM maggie is offline   Profile for maggie Add maggie to your buddy list
GhibStuFan
Warawara

Registration Date: 09.02.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by GhibStuFan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't care if they translate it into english or not, I mean I hope they do. I want no matter what. The only guestion is "how much will it cost to import it?" if they don't dub it lol

=================================================
(\_/)
(O.o)
(^ ^) It's a rabbit.
=================================================

05.05.2010, 05:10 PM GhibStuFan is offline   Profile for GhibStuFan Add GhibStuFan to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks