QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Kiki Live Action Film
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Ghibli Discussions Kiki Live Action Film Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Oldie newbie

Registration Date: 01.15.05
Kiki Live Action FilmPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A piece of breaking news about Kiki, from Variety. There will be a live-action film of Kiki
produced by Disney, based on Eiko Kodano's novel. I just hope that the Americans are not
going to turn Kiki into something like Harry Potter, with monsters and spells flying around. (@_@)

http://www.variety.com/story.asp?l=story...917408&c=13
(subscription is required)

An exerpt:

Kiki's Delivery Service is becoming an English-language film at Walt Disney Pictures. Screenwriter Jeff Stockwell has been hired to write the new Kiki screenplay based on Eiko Kadano's books. Scottish producer Susan Montford recently teamed with partner Don Murphy to secure the rights. They will produce on Kiki with Mark Gordon. Buena Vista Motion Picture Group topper Nina Jacobson, who bought the project preemptively, will oversee it with theatrical production exec Jason Reed.

02.04.2005, 01:30 PM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
UO
(/`A')/

Registration Date: 03.03.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by UO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

lol, it'll be interesting to see how the cat turns out.
I can imagine a scene where someone like Dakota Fanning walking with Garfield on the street .

02.23.2005, 03:54 PM UO is offline   Profile for UO Add UO to your buddy list Send an Email to UO Homepage of UO
Jiji
Oldie newbie

Registration Date: 01.15.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by UO
lol, it'll be interesting to see how the cat turns out.
I can imagine a scene where someone like Dakota Fanning walking with Garfield on the street .

LOL it is possible. Afterall she is the voice-actor of the English Satsuki, and Satsuki is one of the Ghibli characters that resembles Kiki the most.

As for Jiji, if they decide not to follow the plushy way of showing him on screen (like the Sailormoon live-action), the CG way is the most probable solution. Maybe the group of CG artists responsible for Garfield will be employed for the Jiji part.

02.25.2005, 06:57 AM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks