QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ghibli, Miyazaki etc. News
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Ghibli Discussions Ghibli, Miyazaki etc. News Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33    »  ]
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A news article on miyazaki i liked following

quote:
In a Disney film, it’s the happiness of the main characters when the credits role that determines their success. In order to have a happy ending, that character must conquer the obstacles in his/her path, and while larger themes are certainly explored in the meantime, society itself remains mostly unchallenged. Miyazaki, however, while gentle, takes an entirely different approach. His films depict worlds in which nature in particular is more important than humans themselves.

http://www.salon.com/2014/06/23/dont_cal...g_pixar_doesnt/

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

06.28.2014, 01:54 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
saviour2012
Baron

How to land a job at Studio GhibliPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

well....... in future

Getting a Job at Studio Ghibli Could Involve Fresh Fruit

another great Article

Why Studio Ghibli is the most distinguis...pany in history

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

08.19.2014, 09:07 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I see that Miyazaki has been given a Lifetime Achievement Oscar. Seems the only other Japanese person to have got one was Akira Kurosawa.

Source~

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2014/11...r/#.VGAciIiQGrU

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 11.09.2014, 10:04 PM.

11.09.2014, 10:03 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This is so great and it couldn't happen to a more talented artist..

Thanks for the info, Kaz...

11.10.2014, 11:14 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

What lovely news. A fitting acknowledgement to a masterful creative hard-working person of the highest artistic integrity.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.10.2014, 02:02 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Kaguya-hime is up for the Best Animation Oscar.

01.15.2015, 09:05 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Damn, now I gotta follow the awards... sigh
I don't usually...

01.15.2015, 11:12 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

We get a nomination almost every movie don't we? I wonder why mononoke hime didn't get an Oscar, it was so well known. The orchestra at least deserved Best score.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

01.16.2015, 05:54 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

So far, irc, Spirited Away is the only one of the Ghiblies to receive an Oscar...

01.16.2015, 12:45 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Correct. I don't know how many have been nominated though... I remember Kaze Tachinu was, but I'm not sure about others.

01.16.2015, 07:31 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Correct. I don't know how many have been nominated though... I remember Kaze Tachinu was, but I'm not sure about others.

everything after sa , except ponyo

01.17.2015, 03:47 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
saviour2012
Baron

Update:

I guess you guys know that Kaguya Hime[the tale of bamboo princess] has been nominated for oscar 2015.

Studio Ghibli at their Japanese website mentioned that unlike the event of spirited away where Hayao Miyazaki did not attend the ceremony for Iraq Bombings of USA, this year Isao Takahata and his Producer are going to attend the ceremony.

And also Hayao Miyazaki has been awarded honorary oscar at 2014 which will be included in the highlights of 2015 oscars.

02.10.2015, 10:21 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
saviour2012
Baron

please watch this , i actually never have experienced shorts this vivid and spectacular before [a ghibli tribute] was available in vimeo so i uploaded it in youtube

enjoy

04.18.2015, 01:10 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

Delete................................

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.19.2015, 03:18 AM.

04.19.2015, 03:07 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Delete................................

?

04.19.2015, 05:57 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

I'm sorry, saviour...

I couldn't see your video at first and posted to that effect, but when I went back, there it was, thank you...

I couldn't see how to delete my post and I see now that I left off the 'd' at the end of the word... it should have read 'deleted"...

I was tired.

===========================================

In fact, how do we delete one of our posts???

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.19.2015, 10:22 AM.

04.19.2015, 10:20 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
I'm sorry, saviour...

I couldn't see your video at first and posted to that effect, but when I went back, there it was, thank you...

I couldn't see how to delete my post and I see now that I left off the 'd' at the end of the word... it should have read 'deleted"...

I was tired.

===========================================

In fact, how do we delete one of our posts???

not possible only mods super mods and admin can do that

04.19.2015, 03:14 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, if you really want to delete a post just reduce it to a row of dots or something as any word could be misunderstood! Or write "posted in error, now deleted it" or something else that can't be misconstrued. I guess saviour thought you were asking him to delete his link!

Again!

I always visualize this when I think of Roarkiller in "super mod" mode:

http://santaquiteria.net/vic/wp-content/...02/jinroh01.jpg

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 04.20.2015, 05:12 AM.

04.20.2015, 05:10 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank

I always visualize this when I think of Roarkiller in "super mod" mode:

http://santaquiteria.net/vic/wp-content/...02/jinroh01.jpg

roar is a admin he can do anything in the forum

04.20.2015, 05:57 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Some new news guys

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2015/07/10/st...flash%E3%80%91/

Hayao Miyazaki, the world-famous (supposedly retired) director and face of Studio Ghibli, is currently working on his first ever fully computer-generated movie, it has been revealed.

Studio Ghibli producer Toshio Suzuki announced earlier today that retired director Hayao Miyazaki is hard at work on a brand new short animation for the studio. What may come as a surprise to many of the veteran director’s fans, however, is that this time round the production will be entirely computer generated.

The short film, which is to be screened only at the Studio Ghibli Museum located in Tokyo’s Mitaka City, is expected to have a run-time of just 10 minutes, but in true Miyazaki style will take approximately three years to create.

It is apparently based on an idea for a feature-length film which Miyazaki had back in 1997, prior to the release of Princess Mononoke.

Little else is known about the production at this time, but Suzuki mentioned during his announcement of the project that, far from being intimidated by the new digital medium, Mr Miyazaki was positively “fired up for the challenge”.

07.10.2015, 11:14 AM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
[  «    ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks