QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ghibli, Miyazaki etc. News
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Ghibli Discussions Ghibli, Miyazaki etc. News Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...    »  ]
wushu-4-ever
Warawara

Registration Date: 06.06.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by wushu-4-ever Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

For those wanting to know what "genga" is, I made a description on what it is...

Well, first of all seems to be Japanese for “original image”. Some say “genga” is everything that comes before hand, others say it‘s only the final finished drawing that the key animator makes for the key frame in the cut. Anyway, it’s a term for the refined key frame images that the key animators draw to show important parts in the motion of a sequence. Most of the times a genga drawing is used for an average of every 3-5 cels (not that these longer excist), though this quantity depends on the budget of the film and the type of shot it is being drawn for.

Post last edited by wushu-4-ever on 11.09.2006, 03:27 PM.

11.09.2006, 03:25 PM wushu-4-ever is offline   Profile for wushu-4-ever Add wushu-4-ever to your buddy list Homepage of wushu-4-ever
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
I cant wait to see this film..
I wonder what the style will be like..?
mononke-ish, Totoro-ish..?

11.11.2006, 06:53 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'd like something Howl-ish.
Oh. Something really with akward characters..
Ghibli releases a film usually every two years
or one, depends.
Oh, I knew all those term things, genga and the rest,
I found them somewhere when I was researching
something(I do that alot..)..
I'd love to derect a film, although I'm unorginized.

11.11.2006, 07:06 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
wushu-4-ever
Warawara

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by wushu-4-ever Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by JRR
YO!
I cant wait to see this film..
I wonder what the style will be like..?
mononke-ish, Totoro-ish..?

Well, chance are higher it will be Totoro-ish. Check one of my older news posts:
http://www.ghibliworld.com/news.html#1109

However, a “Kodomo Mono”, which means “a film for children” or “children's story”, can be anything.

11.11.2006, 11:02 AM wushu-4-ever is offline   Profile for wushu-4-ever Add wushu-4-ever to your buddy list Homepage of wushu-4-ever
wushu-4-ever
Warawara

-- STUDIO GHIBLI NEWS UPDATE --

As usual I've got some Studio Ghibli news for you...

14th of November, MURATA KOICHI PASSES AWAY, STUDIO GHIBLI DIARY UPDATE: Sad news… Exactly one week ago, on 7th of November in a hospital in Mitaka, leading illustrator Murata Koichi suddenly passed away at the age of 67. More details and other Ghibli news over here:
http://www.ghibliworld.com/news.html#1411

11.14.2006, 03:36 PM wushu-4-ever is offline   Profile for wushu-4-ever Add wushu-4-ever to your buddy list Homepage of wushu-4-ever
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sadly time is catching up with the first generation of animators. Other sad stories like this one will reach us as the years go on.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.14.2006, 04:30 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Man, I'm sad and I have no idea who they are..
Sorry, I'd be sad when any body dies, but even more
if there not family for odd reasons..

11.14.2006, 05:16 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
I found it funny what goro said about the boys.. hehe

11.14.2006, 05:56 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
wushu-4-ever
Warawara

Like always I posted various Ghibli news, for example summaries of the Ghibli diary. You can find it over here:
http://www.ghibliworld.com/news.html#2811
http://www.ghibliworld.com/news.html#2411

11.28.2006, 03:52 PM wushu-4-ever is offline   Profile for wushu-4-ever Add wushu-4-ever to your buddy list Homepage of wushu-4-ever
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by JRR
YO!
I found it funny what goro said about the boys.. hehe

Yeah that was funny

As for Miyazaki's next film, I think I saw something that was supposed to have to do with it. It looked like a girl who turns into a frog. Anybody else know anything about this?

11.29.2006, 02:16 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
wushu-4-ever
Warawara

TIME TO GIVE AWAY SOME GREAT GHIBLI STUFF! The people who have been visiting GhibliWorld.com for a longer time perhaps remember I held a free give away contest in June 2005. As this is quite some time ago, it's time for a new give away contest. Only this time with bigger and more exclusive prizes and the best of all: it's free, just like last time!

What do you have to do to win? Well, to keep it accessible to everyone, all you have to do is to send me your top 3 of Studio Ghibli movies and tell me why these are your favourites! The films don’t need to be my favourites, but I’d like to see a good explanation. What’s so special about them? Why should people who haven’t seen these movies see them? What makes the ones from your top 3 better then the other Ghibli movies? Remember originality and creativity counts...

For the rest of the details check:
http://www.ghibliworld.com/give_away_contest_2006.html

Have fun and good luck!

Best regards,

Peter van der Lugt
GhibliWorld.com

12.18.2006, 03:43 PM wushu-4-ever is offline   Profile for wushu-4-ever Add wushu-4-ever to your buddy list Homepage of wushu-4-ever
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Cool! I could try to win this
for my cuz!
Me have too big Ghibli collection
at home..hehe..
Hey, Seiji, I can't find info on the
title. It never got announced?
bummer, I wanted to annoy my
friends to death about it, like for
Gedo Senki.*evil Shigure laugh*

12.18.2006, 04:07 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
wushu-4-ever
Warawara

-- STUDIO GHIBLI NEWS UPDATE --

19th of December, MEMORIES FROM GEDO SENKI WITH CARLOS NUNEZ: As usual I've got some Studio Ghibli news for you. Studio Ghibli will be releasing yet another new Gedo Senki CD in January 2007. More info at:
http://www.ghibliworld.com/news.html#1912

12.19.2006, 03:00 PM wushu-4-ever is offline   Profile for wushu-4-ever Add wushu-4-ever to your buddy list Homepage of wushu-4-ever
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Isn't there two CD's out now?
I found both, I guess this one
will be added with them, if they
haven't put this CD on pre-order
yet. I only found two..
I'm also wondering why they never
put the Gedo Senki CD's in the Ghibli
section of the site. Their probabally waiting
till the DVD comes out. And where'd they
put the calenders..
Sorry, spacing out here. I was just posting
about a site that's also a store from the USA.
The stores located in Hawaii I think. Toys 'n' Joys.

12.19.2006, 06:03 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
wushu-4-ever
Warawara

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
Isn't there two CD's out now?
I found both, I guess this one
will be added with them, if they
haven't put this CD on pre-order
yet. I only found two..

There are several Gedo Senki CD's out right now. The Gedo Senki OST, the Aoi Teshima Gedo Senki CD, the theme song CD single, the Piano Album (released this month) and soon the new album "Memories from Gedo Senki".

12.20.2006, 12:50 PM wushu-4-ever is offline   Profile for wushu-4-ever Add wushu-4-ever to your buddy list Homepage of wushu-4-ever
The Violin Maker
Kodama

Registration Date: 03.01.06
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by The Violin Maker Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

AAHHH!! Saddletank!! I AM IN LOVE with your signature! Did you make it? What did you use? Please tell me everything about it!!! Whisper of the Heart is my all time favorite movie, don't ya know.

12.29.2006, 10:19 PM The Violin Maker is offline   Profile for The Violin Maker Add The Violin Maker to your buddy list AIM Screenname: Auden Twilight
nanafan
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.14.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanafan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

sheesh that's a lot of cds for one movie and all around the same time?

12.30.2006, 12:45 AM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by The Violin Maker
AAHHH!! Saddletank!! I AM IN LOVE with your signature! Did you make it? What did you use? Please tell me everything about it!!! Whisper of the Heart is my all time favorite movie, don't ya know.

You have a PM.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

12.31.2006, 08:57 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
wushu-4-ever
Warawara

Hi guys,

First of all happy new year!

Second of all from Japan Studio Ghibli have sent their new year card for 2007. Illustrated by Hayao Miyazaki himself, it contains some nice wishes and their expectations for 2007 now that they are making their new film.

Details and translation can be found over here:
http://www.ghibliworld.com/news.html#0101

Peter
GhibliWorld.com

01.02.2007, 10:27 AM wushu-4-ever is offline   Profile for wushu-4-ever Add wushu-4-ever to your buddy list Homepage of wushu-4-ever
Moroko
Tanuki

Registration Date: 10.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Moroko Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I like the New Years card.
Miyazaki was the right man for the job.
I'm slightly confused,
is this new movie going to be
directed by Miyazaki?
I thought he wasn't going to make any more movies,
although he's said that before.
I hope he is making another movie.

quote:
Once you accept that all the matter in the universe can be compressed to the size of a push pin, it isn't hard to wear stripes with plad.
Albert Einstine

A distraction

01.02.2007, 04:01 PM Moroko is offline   Profile for Moroko Add Moroko to your buddy list
[  «    ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks