QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ghibli, Miyazaki etc. News
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Ghibli, Miyazaki etc. News » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...    »  ]
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

the new pics look good

11.22.2007, 01:59 PM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by UO Someone (paperbullet) has been helping me re-doing character images on OG's movie sections to suit the new layout (well hardly new anymore). So check them out, they're not blue-toned anymore .

Actually, I kinda like the blue-tone, it's unique. Besides, it's a lot better than waterwarking them if you fear people ripping them off your site.

quote:
... you guys DO still go to the main site RIGHT?!

I hereby declare that I am not a liar, and I hate lying.

Which means I not gonna say anything

Post last edited by Roarkiller on 11.23.2007, 10:14 AM.

11.23.2007, 10:12 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
wushu-4-ever
Warawara

Registration Date: 06.06.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by wushu-4-ever Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Gake no ue no Ponyo / Ponyo on a Cliff News

There’s finally an update with new news on Miyazaki Hayao´s latest film straight from Japan. All details, combined with a summary on Suzuki Toshio’s Ghibli Asemamire Episode 9 which also talks about Ponyo, can be found over here:

http://www.ghibliworld.com/news.html#0312

Enjoy!

Peter
GhibliWorld.com

12.03.2007, 04:11 PM wushu-4-ever is offline   Profile for wushu-4-ever Add wushu-4-ever to your buddy list Homepage of wushu-4-ever
wushu-4-ever
Warawara

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by wushu-4-ever Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hello guys,

GhibliWorld.com is glad to present a nice amount of news on Miyazaki’s new film Gake no ue no Ponyo (Ponyo on a Cliff). Like every Sunday, yesterday it was time for another episode of Suzuki Toshio’s Ghibli Asemamire (Radio Ghibli). It brought us the Ponyo press conference of Monday December 3 and GhibliWorld.com is providing a must read English summary.

All details can be found over here:
http://www.ghibliworld.com/news.html#1012

Peter
GhibliWorld.com

12.10.2007, 01:03 PM wushu-4-ever is offline   Profile for wushu-4-ever Add wushu-4-ever to your buddy list Homepage of wushu-4-ever
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

cool stuff
thanks wushu

12.10.2007, 05:58 PM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
wushu-4-ever
Warawara

quote:
Originally posted by ={HSA}= MORO
cool stuff
thanks wushu

You're welcome. Good to hear you enjoyed it!

12.12.2007, 04:23 PM wushu-4-ever is offline   Profile for wushu-4-ever Add wushu-4-ever to your buddy list Homepage of wushu-4-ever
greggilbey
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 01.04.08
college projectPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by greggilbey Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hey there!
im studying studio ghibli for my college project at A level and think it would be really good to get some views from other studio ghibli fans.

If you could write me a little paragraph or even a line it would help me alot in my project! cheers!

"how does Studio Ghibli offer an alternative to westernised animation?"

x

01.04.2008, 09:04 AM greggilbey is offline   Profile for greggilbey Add greggilbey to your buddy list
greggilbey
Susuwatari

college project .. add onPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by greggilbey Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

p.s if you dont know what "westernised animation" means... it mean "americanised animation films such as walt disney films and all that sorta stuff.."

01.04.2008, 09:07 AM greggilbey is offline   Profile for greggilbey Add greggilbey to your buddy list
greggilbey
Susuwatari

college projectPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by greggilbey Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hey there!
im studying studio ghibli for my college project at A level and think it would be really good to get some views from other studio ghibli fans.

If you could write me a little paragraph or even a line it would help me alot in my project! cheers!

"how does Studio Ghibli offer an alternative to westernised animation (american animation)?"

x

01.04.2008, 10:00 AM greggilbey is offline   Profile for greggilbey Add greggilbey to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Greg, hi and welcome to the Tavern! This is more of a news thread for announcements about Ghibli events, press releases, etc. Your request for responses for a college project ought to be in it's own thread in the Ghibli forum.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.04.2008, 04:42 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
dballred
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by dballred Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by greggilbey
hey there!

"how does Studio Ghibli offer an alternative to westernised animation (american animation)?"

x

Other than the fact that I take a bit of umbrage at the way the question was worded, it IS a good question.

For my umbrage: Disney is not an "Americanized" or "Westernized" form of animation. It is animation. Animation was, after all, invented in the West, and Disney was one of the earlier pioneers--though certainly not the earliest. Japanese animation began a little before the Second War, missing the boat by several decades. It reached serious proportions when Osamu Tezuka started imitating Disney style in the fifties. Japanese animation that can trace its roots to Tezuka are "Japan-ized" forms of Western animation.

That aside, your question strikes at the heart of why I like Ghibli and a very few other Japanese animators. Ghibli is an alternative for those people who like Disney but don't care for conventional Japanese animation. Ghibli rarely employs the animation techniques that have made Japan famous (or infamous).

Early Miyazaki, such as can be seen in "The Norse Prince," was heavily influenced by Tezuka. Miyazaki, however, struck his own chord and began to develop a style which does not conform to the conventions of typical Japanese animation. From my perspective, conventional Japanese animation relies on convoluted tales involving unrealistic characters. They also have a tendency to satisfy adolescent hormonal surges with plenty of mild cheesecake and beefcake. After a while, the stories got tedious for me.

I'm a million years old, but you'll never be able to determine the time I or anybody else changed from child to adult. In many ways, I never grew up--or out of what I liked. I do like animation because I always liked animation. Ghibli animation satisfies my appreciation for animated films because they are nearly always completely original. Other studios--those lacking in true imagination--take old material and rehash it. Nowadays, this includes the Disney studios. They hope that the audience might not remember that nearly everything they do has been done before.

01.05.2008, 08:26 PM dballred is offline   Profile for dballred Add dballred to your buddy list Send an Email to dballred Homepage of dballred
greggilbey
Susuwatari

thankyouPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by greggilbey Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

just to say thanyou for your responce it will be great evidence of reasearch methordology for me was brilliant for my general knowledge

p.s thanyou for enlightening me on the whole "westernised" field!

i couldn't possibly get a name from you could i?. so that i can mention quotes from your responce in my essay.

thanks alot and i will take in to account your view on westernised animation.

x

01.06.2008, 09:55 AM greggilbey is offline   Profile for greggilbey Add greggilbey to your buddy list
wushu-4-ever
Warawara

8th of January, EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH PIXAR STORYBOARD ARTIST ENRICO CASAROSA: GhibliWorld.com is proud to bring its readers another exclusive personal interview. After having had the opportunity to speak with people like Takahata Isao, Miyazaki Goro and Gualtiero Cannarsi, this time we had the chance to have a very amusable talk with Pixar storyboard artist Enrico Casarosa. Find out what he has to say on Studio Ghibi, his work at Pixar, his personal projects and more. And that isn’t all. Enrico Casarosa also specially made a beautiful & funny Ghibli inspired art piece to come with it.

All in all, a must-read and must-see for anyone, so be sure to check it out! Continue reading it now... (http://www.ghibliworld.com/enrico_casarosa_interview.html)

01.08.2008, 03:23 PM wushu-4-ever is offline   Profile for wushu-4-ever Add wushu-4-ever to your buddy list Homepage of wushu-4-ever
cassierS
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by cassierS Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It is true that Disney no longer draws out its movies which I do not like at all. It almost seems as if the drawers feelings get put into what they draw and that makes it all the more interesting.

Have the Disney Studios made anything lately??

It is also true that anime shows can get a little repetitive, but I haven't gotten tired of any of them yet.

02.17.2008, 11:24 PM cassierS is offline   Profile for cassierS Add cassierS to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"I'm a million years old, but you'll never be able to determine the time I or anybody else changed from child to adult. In many ways, I never grew up--or out of what I liked. I do like animation because I always liked animation. Ghibli animation satisfies my appreciation for animated films because they are nearly always completely original." (dballred)

Thank you, dball, for expressing exactly how I feel about Ghibli and some other forms of animation... (including the 'million years old' part )

Ghibli artwork is unsurpassed by anyone, IMHO...

EDIT: was re-reading my post and suddenly remembered something about the changing from child to adult in my life. I was about 25 and was thinking about something and I suddenly realized that I had thought of myself as a "man", for the first time in my life!!! I knew that I was an adult beforehand, of course, but this was the absolute first time that I had thought of or referred to myself in my mind as a "MAN" It was a humbling experience, I must say...

Post last edited by husky51 on 08.16.2008, 02:12 AM.

03.28.2008, 03:36 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
twirble
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.15.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by twirble Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thank you for those images...I didn't know there was a blog, I am puttng that in my bookmarks..

Ponyo looks to have quite a different look to it...I hope we don't have to wait as long for this film as previous films.

Anyone else notice anime in general having more beautiful sensuous imagery lately? I wonder how much of this is inspired by Miyazaki.

06.27.2008, 12:22 PM twirble is offline   Profile for twirble Add twirble to your buddy list
nanashi
Ohmu

Registration Date: 01.27.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ponyo was a top result of opening 3 days.

7/19(Sat)~/21(Mon) Box-Office
This-week(Last-Week) Title
1(*) Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea (animation)
2(*) Pokemon (animation)
3(1) Hana yori Dango(Boys Over Flowers)
4(2) Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
5(3) Ge-Ge-Ge no Kitarou (animation)

Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea
Box-Office: 1,575,000,000yen
Audience: 1,250,000
Screens: 481

in japan, 7/21 was holiday.

Post last edited by nanashi on 07.22.2008, 12:51 PM.

07.22.2008, 12:45 PM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
nanashi
Ohmu

Registration Date: 01.27.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The box-office of Ponyo exceeded 1 billion yen in 31 days.
Days to excess of 1 billion yen.
Sprited Away -- 25days
Ponyo ---------- 31days
Howl ------------ 33days
Mononoke ----- 43days

Weekend Box-Office
Date, This-week(Last-Week), Title
8/16~/17
1(1) Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea(animation)
2(*) The Mummy Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
8/9~/10
2(*) The Dark Night
8/2~/3
2(2) Pokemon(animation)
7/26~/27
2(2) Pokemon(animation)
7/19~/20
1(*) Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea(animation)
2(*) Pokemon(animation)

08.19.2008, 10:59 AM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
animekittynya
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.11.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by animekittynya Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ponyo gets an english voice cast!! Here's some links. (Umm.. should i have waited for wushu-4-ever to post this info? If so, then i'm sorry!! It's just so exciting!)

GhibliWorld link

Twitch link

11.26.2008, 02:07 PM animekittynya is offline   Profile for animekittynya Add animekittynya to your buddy list Homepage of animekittynya
Daniel Thomas
Tanuki

Registration Date: 06.30.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Daniel Thomas Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just to let everybody know, six short clips from Ponyo are now available on the Ghibli Blog. Be sure to watch them and pass along!

www.ghiblicon.blogspot.com

04.10.2009, 09:23 AM Daniel Thomas is offline   Profile for Daniel Thomas Add Daniel Thomas to your buddy list
[  «    ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks