QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ghibli, Miyazaki etc. News
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Ghibli, Miyazaki etc. News » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  ...    »  ]
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think i have said you guys that suzuki asked goro to learn 3D animation. well this is where that leads. Goro with studio ghibli is going to make first ever tv series. The series will be coproduced with CG studio as ofcourse stuff of ghibli cant create 3D. here is the

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/201...ughter-tv-anime

" Lindgren's (1907-2002) most
well known work is her book
series Pippi Longstocking .
She has also written the
Karlsson-on-the-Roof and
Children of Noisy Village
book series"

you know what both the books that miyazaki wanted to direct but was not given permission. more or less(atleast the writer is same) is given to goro.one is pippi another is earthsea.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 02.01.2014, 01:24 AM.

02.01.2014, 01:18 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
you know what both the books that miyazaki wanted to direct but was not given permission. more or less(atleast the writer is same) is given to goro.one is pippi another is earthsea.

Miyazaki asked for the rights to Pippi in the 70s, before the reputation of Studio Ghibli existed to back up such requests.

As for Earthsea, the rights were given to Ghibli with Miyazaki in mind, not Goro. Le Guin wanted Miyazaki to direct, and was upset when it was given to his son instead.

02.01.2014, 01:35 AM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I just saw that news. Sounds pretty exciting I must say.

And as for Earthsea, as I understand it the author was originally uncertain about it, but then when she did choose to give them the rights, Hayao was for some reason not in a position to do it. I think it might've been when he was making Howl's Moving Castle.

02.01.2014, 03:00 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Theowne
Miyazaki asked for the rights to Pippi in the 70s, before the reputation of Studio Ghibli existed to back up such requests.

As for Earthsea, the rights were given to Ghibli with Miyazaki in mind, not Goro. Le Guin wanted Miyazaki to direct, and was upset when it was given to his son instead.

miyazaki wanted earthsea but the permission was given so late that he lost his curiosity

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

02.01.2014, 04:15 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You can read the author's perspective on the Earthsea movie here. It sounds like initially Miyazaki asked for her permission to adapt the books, and she declined, being unfamiliar with Japanese animation in general. Then later she became a huge fan of his work and approached him, but Miyazaki was having one his "retirements" at the time and handed off the project to his son (I guess). She was not very happy with the result.

02.01.2014, 04:22 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wait so what's this Anime series Studio Ghibli is making ?

02.01.2014, 11:16 AM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Orphic Okapi
Miyazaki was having one his "retirements" at the time and handed off the project to his son (I guess).

Suzuki (producer) was the one who handed the project to his son. If you read interviews from that time, Miyazaki was not happy with that decision.

02.01.2014, 11:56 AM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
saviour2012
Baron

I share the same feelings with the interviewer that

" I was catching up
with an old friend whose
tastes and interests
matched my own to an
astonishing degree."

does anyone here shares same feeling like me

read this fresh excellent interview

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/susan-j-na..._b_4602791.html

this guy is from nausicaa.net and its published in huffington(pulitzer winner site) post.

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 02.02.2014, 02:28 PM.

02.02.2014, 12:27 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
saviour2012
Baron

two new articles

http://www.madman.com.au/news/the-influe...hayao-miyazaki/

http://film.theguardian.com/features/pag...1082823,00.html

02.08.2014, 10:01 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Since no one has posted this yet, here's the latest interview from Miyazaki.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/adambvary/hayao-...-the-wind-rises

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

02.26.2014, 11:39 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
Since no one has posted this yet, here's the latest interview from Miyazaki.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/adambvary/hayao-...-the-wind-rises

Thank you for your post, Roar. I enjoyed the interviesw with Miyazaki-san.

02.26.2014, 02:49 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm a little bit confused by the article, as it doesn't really seem to address what it says in the title. And I'd hoped there would be more from the actual interview. Perhaps I somehow missed some important part of it, but I wish they'd included more of what he had to say.

02.26.2014, 11:52 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
I'm a little bit confused by the article, as it doesn't really seem to address what it says in the title. And I'd hoped there would be more from the actual interview. Perhaps I somehow missed some important part of it, but I wish they'd included more of what he had to say.

I think you are correct

i read it before roar posted it and asked myself exactly the same question.

What is said here is same "that he thinks he cant give anything new to animation and have become old"

but we knew that already, right?

02.27.2014, 11:04 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
arren18
Administrator

I don't remember how much information we had on Omoide no Marnie before, so these images might not be very new after all, but here's something I saw today showing a few screencaps and a poster: http://ca-tsuka.tumblr.com/post/82830076...-film-omoide-no

04.16.2014, 12:29 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Caption is: "In this world there's a ring of magic you can't see with your eyes."

Huh?

04.16.2014, 05:33 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Ghibli Casts Its 1st Film
With 2 Female Leads & All-
English opening song

Sara Takatsuki , Kasumi
Arimura star & Priscilla Ahn
sings "Fine on the Outside"
16-year-old actress Sara
Takatsuki (Black President,
Otomen, GTO , Daily Lives
of High School Boys
, Haganai) and 21-year-old
actress Kasumi Arimura
( Amachan, Hagane no
Onna, Clover, Judge) will
star in Studio Ghibli's next
film, this summer's anime
adaptation of Joan G.
Robinson 's English children's
novel classic When Marnie
Was There ( Omoide no
Marnie ). Oricon describes
the film as Ghibli's first one
with dual lead heroines, and
it is also the first animated
title and first Ghibli title for
both actresses.
American musical artist
Priscilla Ahn is contributing
"Fine on the Outside," a song
she wrote when she was in
high school, as the film's
theme song. It is Ghibli's first
theme song entirely in
English. (Only Yesterday
used a Japanese version of
"The Rose," while Whisper of
the Heart used both the
original English version of
"Take Me Home, Country
Roads" and a Japanese
translation.) The film is also
Ghibli's first anime feature
after Ghibli co-founder
Hayao Miyazaki retired .
Amazon posted a publisher's
description of the original
novel:
Anna hasn't a friend
in the world - until
she meets Marnie
among the sand
dunes. But Marnie
isn't all she
seems...An
atmospheric ghost
story with truths to
tell about friendship,
families and
loneliness. Anna lives
with foster parents, a
misfit with no
friends, always on
the outside of things.
Then she is sent to
Norfolk to stay with
old Mr and Mrs Pegg,
where she runs wild
on the sand dunes
and around the
water. There is a
house, the Marsh
House, which she
feels she recognises -
and she soon meets
a strange little girl
called Marnie, who
becomes Anna's first
ever friend. Then one
day, Marnie
vanishes. A new
family, the Lindsays,
move into the Marsh
House. Having learnt
so much from Marnie
about friendship,
Anna makes firm
friends with the
Lindsays - and learns
some strange truths
about Marnie, who
was not all she
seemed...
In his second film, director
Hiromasa Yonebayashi
(2010's The Secret World of
Arrietty) is shifting the
setting from the novel's
Great Britain to a Japanese
village on the shores of
Hokkaido. Takatsuki will play
the 12-year-old Anna (written
in kanji characters), while
Arimura will play Marnie, the
mysterious golden-haired girl
who appears before Anna
one summer.
About 300 candidates
auditioned for the roles of
the heroines at the end of
last year. The film will open in
Japan on July 19. Disney
happened to have just
released Frozen , its first
animated feature with dual
lead heroines (one of which
was named Anna). Marnie
producer Yoshiaki Nishimura
said there was a time in film
history where "the flawless
hero saves the woman,"
followed by a time for films
where "the woman supports
the troubled hero." Now, he
said, 2014 is the time when
"the man doesn't have to
save the woman."

sorry for bad formatting.copy pasted from ANN.

original link

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/201...lish-theme-song

04.25.2014, 10:17 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
arren18
Administrator

As several of the comments on that article pointed out, there were two female leads in Totoro. I suspect that the influence of Frozen is the reason that aspect is being played up like this. Otherwise it would've just been another day in the office, so to speak.

04.25.2014, 11:12 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
saviour2012
Baron

i think satsuki was the lead there. May was one of the main characters,however i am not sure . You might be right.

I have not seen frozen.

04.25.2014, 12:43 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The leads of Totoro were very definitely shared between Satsuki and Mai. You only have to watch it to realise this, neither girl had a more significant role than the other. When I first watched it I thought Mai was the more significant character.

Yeah, just slow minds in the west. Again. "We did it first in Frozen, so those wily Japanese are following our lead."

The self-centredness of the western movie industry so annoys me some days.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

04.25.2014, 01:39 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

The article quotes the producer of the film talking about how special it is that there are two female leads, so I don't think it's entirely about how western media reports it. It's also that the people involved recognise that as a selling point and are drawing attention to it, even though Ghibli's track record shows that there's no need to make a big deal out of something like that.

04.26.2014, 12:50 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  «    ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks