QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - "Anime" person?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » "Anime" person? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  "Anime" person?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

People keep on telling me that I seem like an anime person.

What the heck is that anyway?!?!!?!?!

11.23.2008, 03:56 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm guessing... either a person in anime, or a person who likes anime.

11.23.2008, 03:57 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I know, but how do you like, pinpoint an "anime person"? I sound dumb.. ah well... I mean, someone asked what foreign language I was taking the other day. And then they guessed Japanese, and they were all like "You seem like an anime person" and I was like "okay..." And then someone called me an anime person later. Leaving me like "What the heck does that MEAN anyway?!?!" I never told anyone that I liked anime really.. soooo...

Yeah. xD

Post last edited by Yay! Kiki on 11.23.2008, 04:42 PM.

11.23.2008, 04:41 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think there is a sort of person who seems like they would be into anime. I mean even if I didn't know a certain friend of mine liked it I would be able to tell. Just a certain thing about her I guess.

Hard to say exactly what it is that makes somebody an 'anime person' but I do get what they mean

11.23.2008, 05:49 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Yay! Kiki
People keep on telling me that I seem like an anime person.

What the heck is that anyway?!?!!?!?!

As being one of the only.. if not the only person on here that doesn't watch anime (Ghibli Aside) heres my take.

an anime person is simply someone that when you look at them you instantly can read that they are an anime fan. Its just like seeing a boy with torn jeans, shaggy hair, logo t-shirt, skate shoes, you know hes a skateboarder or a fan of board sports none the less.

Its nothing bad, just a category people put you in in their head. (i.e. gangsters, punks, nerds, artists, jocks, etc)

theres a difference between an anime person and an anime freak (in my books)
-an anime person just like anime, doesn't advertise it or want the world to know, simply falls under the radar.
- an anime freak on the other hand lets the world know, or at least everyone around them.. nuff said.

and theres always the middle ground, such as someone who wears a naruto head band or what not.

11.23.2008, 07:16 PM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

But what are the indications of an anime person??

11.24.2008, 04:23 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Erm... don't you do a Japanese class in school? Maybe a few people know you do that and assume you're into Japanese stuff and therefore into anime.

My Anime List

11.24.2008, 08:26 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

For the most part, if you're not Japanese, not working in a Japanese company, but still know Japanese anyway, you're into anime.

Accuracy of roughly 70% for you westerners.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

11.24.2008, 09:36 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
animekittynya
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.11.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by animekittynya Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hmmmm.... Well, judging from my experiences with 'anime people', well... Like MORO said, there's anime people and then there's anime freaks... I'm an anime person (like, i dont advertise it to the universe and i'm not totally obsessed with it. actually I dont watch anime a lot, either. I read manga more than i watch anime. the only anime that i've actually seen is ghibli, azumaga daioh, fruits basket, the girl who leapt through time, and tmohs, so my knowledge is actually very limited, i think...) ack, I digress...

Anyways, being in the anime club in middle school, i can honestly say that most of the people in there were totally anime freaks and you could tell... just by looking at them and the atmosphere in the room... They were very loud and vocal about how much they loooovveddd anime and they argued about their favorite characters and storylines in what they were reading and watching. Oh, and the majority of the people in the room were females... And all they talked about was mostly fruits basket and naruto....... (i still have no idea what naruto is nor do i want to know becasue from what they said about it i dont think it's my cup of tea) ANYWAYS!!! HERE'S WHAT I GUESS AN ANIME PERSON IS
I guess an anime person is like a very loud an hyper person who maybe knows or is learning Japanese or is interested in learning Japanese, I guess. Oh, and from some of the anime peopleses/freaks that I know, they usually will wear a shirt or something with anime characters on it. And the age group of most of the people is usually middle/high school.

Post last edited by animekittynya on 11.24.2008, 12:01 PM.

11.24.2008, 12:00 PM animekittynya is offline   Profile for animekittynya Add animekittynya to your buddy list Homepage of animekittynya
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Judging by what people have all said in this thread, it would seem that I am an anime freak. ._.

My Anime List

11.24.2008, 01:40 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

OH! another keynote is that they always love to draw anime characters, either their own, or from shows and films. lol

11.24.2008, 07:25 PM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, I see...

I get it! Although I wear no shirts or anything with anime on them.. hum... ah well!

Anyway, I asked someone what they meant. Apparently I move rather like an anime person and act somewhat like one sometimes. Yay, I feel all enlightened now.

Thanks, everyone!

11.25.2008, 02:58 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Yup, definitely an anime freak. ;_;

Lol Kiki, you move like an anime person?

My Anime List

11.25.2008, 03:49 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
Lol Kiki, you move like an anime person?

That's what I was thinking... elaborate, please?

11.25.2008, 05:18 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Um, that's all that they said...

11.25.2008, 09:44 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Dark Totoro
Ohmu

Registration Date: 10.09.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Dark Totoro Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think it would be cool to live in an environment with anime people

Anime pets aswell!!!

11.25.2008, 10:10 AM Dark Totoro is offline   Profile for Dark Totoro Add Dark Totoro to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Oh, an anime character if I phrased that wrong..

11.25.2008, 10:45 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
T.C.
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.28.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by T.C. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

this concept of "anime people" intrigues me, from the people i have met there has only been two or three into anime and i wasnt able to pick them as fans, nor has anyone picked me has one until i recommended certain movies to people. maybe my country is more ignorant to foreign films (which is likely, we are fairly apathetic in general) but ye, i couldnt tell if someone liked anime or not unless, as Moro said, they were wearing a naruto headband or something.

Post last edited by T.C. on 11.26.2008, 04:06 AM.

11.26.2008, 04:03 AM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

I think i've just found a sure fire way to see if YOU READING THIS are an anime person.

Well usually when people become consumed with something they spend a large majority of their time thinking about it or acting upon it

Examples:

1) A person who uses hard drugs (ie. heroine, cocaine, etc.) **not necessarily weed** usually spend most.. or ALL of their time thinking about it, craving it etc.

2) Someone who loves to shop will spend alot of time/money on well.. shopping. Although it might not be on the front of their mind all the time, its still on their mind even if its in the very back of it.

Kinda bad examples but...

If you really like anime, and spend a fair amount of time thinking about it, watching it, reading about it, drawing it, etc. And more importantly day dream about it in one shape or form.. you undoubtably are an anime person.

PERSONAL EXAMPLE:

I myself have stretched ears and tattoo(s) well only one now but im getting more .
I think about these things all the time, wanting bigger ears, more tats, etc.
Now im no freak, i dont want or think about anything too extreme, therefore i could be thrown into some sorta stereotype. I may not think i am one but other people would*

Alright, hate to drag on but basically if you can answer these following questions without using the word NO, than you are definitely an anime person..

1) do you watch anime?
2) do you read manga?
3) do you own any anime merch? (movies, clothes, trinkets, etc)
4) do you in any way daydream about anime?
5) do you draw / doodle anything anime?
6) have you memorized any sort of anime?

Just a few basic ones i could think of. SO if you answered YES! than im happy to diagnose you as an "Anime Person"

PS. i realize that i might have compared an anime person to a druggie.... lol didn't mean too

11.26.2008, 02:45 PM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
But what are the indications of an anime person??

I think that my tattoos kinda give me away.... or when I wear my Totoro shirt... or I talk a lot about Ghibli films that I have seen....

12.09.2008, 11:33 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks