QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Usernames
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Usernames » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
kitsunejr
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.20.08
  UsernamesPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kitsunejr Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was just wonding why you pick your username, like was it for any reson or just the first thing that came to your head...?

i picked mine beacuse on MMORPGs i called my self kitsune after a kitsune mask, also beacuse i like foxes, but some times it is taken allready soo i just call me self kitsunejr now ^^

12.09.2008, 04:29 PM kitsunejr is offline   Profile for kitsunejr Add kitsunejr to your buddy list
turniphead1
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.09.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by turniphead1 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Three guesses why i chose mine! Howls is far from my favourite Ghibli, but i thought turniphead was such a refreshing/different character, and the way he moves is most amusing! I also love him because he turns into a random prince at the end!

Clicky

12.09.2008, 06:18 PM turniphead1 is offline   Profile for turniphead1 Add turniphead1 to your buddy list
BookWorm
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.01.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by BookWorm Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have an BA and MA in English, so I'm a Bookworm. My apartment is covered in books!

12.09.2008, 08:59 PM BookWorm is offline   Profile for BookWorm Add BookWorm to your buddy list Send an Email to BookWorm
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Because Kiki is amazing!!

I used to be gigantic_red_bow {Kiki}, though. I think that I was just making use of the fact that this forum allows you to use awesome characters. Like {}.

And because when I was about four, I always wore a red bow around and cut my hair short because I wanted to be Kiki. I WAS Kiki. And my favorite dress was black... I watched Kiki's Delivery Service everyday... Ultimate Ghibli fandom!

Although now, because of my user name, whenever anyone is referring to Kiki simply as Kiki I always think that they're talking about me.. haha...

12.09.2008, 09:19 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ahem, way back in the stone-age (abt 1969) when CB radio was just starting to become the rage here in the States, I installed one in my car, a dark green Mustang. It broke my heart to cut the hole in the left reat quarter panel to mount the 108" 'Thunderstick' antenna, but I did it anyway.

I started out using the handle 'little' green pony' then, since I had been called 'Yukon' by my geographically challenged buddies because I had been born in Canada, I tried 'Yukon', but it didn't feel right. "Yukon King'? No, same reason, but longer... Then I got to thinking that the name Yukon King was the name of the dog in a TV series popular at the time about a Canadian Mountie and his dog. What was his breed? (the dog not the Mountie) a Husky... and I have been Husky ever since. (well, OK, fat, but still Husky)

ps
I still have a my CB license (expired and not required anymore) and a Ham radio license as well

12.09.2008, 10:43 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Whats Ham Radio !? lol

={HSA}= comes from me and my high school friends counter strike / xbox live clan called Home Slice Alliance

and MORO is just a name i used for a wile but before it and now-a-days i mostly go by ={HSA}= BAKEDFRESHDAILY
kinda wanna change, but no big deal

Post last edited by ={HSA}= MORO on 12.10.2008, 12:12 AM.

12.10.2008, 12:12 AM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ham radio is a number of people all over the world that communicate with one another, although not necessarily internationally. I have a license which allows me to 'use' the 2 meter band frequency and some others. I used to have a base station that I could talk around my county area. If I had the money, I could have had more powerful equipment and talked to a much wider area, worldwide if the atmosheric conditions were right. When I first got my license, I was required to transmit and receive at least 5 words of morse code. That is no longer required now. My license classification is Tech-Plus because of the code thing. I no longer remember the code as I have just used voice radio. All I have at the moment is a 2-meter Handitalkie that I can reach out 30 or more miles using a mountain top repeater. Since I have had a computer, tho, I get to talk internationally and don't use the radio much anymore.
try looking Ham radio up in wikipedia, might get a clearer understanding that mine...

12.10.2008, 12:22 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was looking up Studio Ghibli on Wikipedia one day and discovered that Gedo Senki was in the making. As a result, I looked everywhere for information about Ghibli, and stumbled across this forum. Because I was a bit Earthsea-obsessed at that moment, I chose "arren", and 18 is just my number. Since then, I've normally used arren18 on other anime forums.

12.10.2008, 08:22 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nausicaa_Cat is because my two favourite animes are Nausicaa valley of the wind and Return of the Cat. When it came to choosing a name to join the forum I just couldn't decide so decided to have them both incorporated!

I used to have a sig showing this (a combination of Nausicaa and RTC) but sadly my inability not to add my signature to my RPG posts has meant im unable to cope with a signature anymore XD

Though to be honest i'm thinking about changing my username to TroutFace.

I just think its more me

12.10.2008, 08:27 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Yay! Kiki
Because Kiki is amazing!!
And becaue you "Yay!" a lot

This name I created myself when I created some spy team back in primary school, when I was obsessed with detective work (used to dream of being one).

Is pretty much the only other name I have ever used anywhere, with RK being the acronym when character limits are in place.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

12.10.2008, 10:35 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

*Farran* was a black fox that was also an assasin, who was hired by ferago the weasel warlord in one of brian jacques novels, salamandestron.

so i changed it to farren and used it as my username ever since.

he was an interesting character even if he did die rather quickly.

12.12.2008, 06:52 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Roar
Oh yes, that too!

12.12.2008, 08:28 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Kazegami was my favourite brush god in a game called Okami. Well, at least it was the one that I thought sounded the coolest. I almost decided to go for Nuregami though. I call myself FluoriteKaz or Fluorite Kaz on most other forums/websites though... the 'Fluorite' being from the Tsubasa Chronicle character Fai D Fluorite, who was the first anime guy I got really obsessed with, and 'Kaz' came from my name here - Kazegami. ^_^

My Anime List

12.13.2008, 05:18 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm named after my ol' hermit crab. XD Though I think I might want to chenge it to FFF, and if it has to be longer... lol

But my favourite username I've ever come up with is ~ShiShi*BaRa~. I use that on A4. I love my sig/avi set there. O.O

12.13.2008, 05:20 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
kitsunejr
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.20.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kitsunejr Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
Kazegami was my favourite brush god in a game called Okami.

Oh i was woundering where people get Kaze from beacuse i met some people on a MMORPG and 1 or 2 of them was called Kaze somthing...

12.17.2008, 04:57 AM kitsunejr is offline   Profile for kitsunejr Add kitsunejr to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Doesn't it mean wind?

12.17.2008, 12:14 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yep, wind or breeze. It can also mean the common cold apparently. xP

My Anime List

12.17.2008, 12:30 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

That's pretty random. Has anybody here got wind?

12.17.2008, 12:32 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Is it more random than calling it the cold?

12.17.2008, 01:38 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Haha, the wind... lawlz.

12.17.2008, 08:44 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks