QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - NARUTO!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » NARUTO!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3    »  ]
Dark Totoro
Ohmu

Registration Date: 10.09.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Dark Totoro Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I dont know much about Canada but I get the image that canadians have/had a rough time with americans?

Does Canada have French speakers aswell?

And there seems to be a strong bond between Canada and Scotland also.. I think..

Post last edited by Dark Totoro on 01.08.2009, 01:33 PM.

01.08.2009, 01:33 PM Dark Totoro is offline   Profile for Dark Totoro Add Dark Totoro to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Im just saying DT You are starting to sound a little Japan-obsessed.

01.08.2009, 01:34 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Dark Totoro
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Dark Totoro Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Is that such a bad thing though? I like it..

01.08.2009, 01:35 PM Dark Totoro is offline   Profile for Dark Totoro Add Dark Totoro to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

According to Merriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary:

Main Entry: ob·ses·sion
Pronunciation: äb-'sesh-&n, &b-
Function: noun
: a persistent disturbing preoccupation with an oftenunreasonable idea or feeling; also : something that causes such preoccupation —compare COMPULSION, PHOBIA

That sounds like a bad thing.

01.08.2009, 01:40 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Dark Totoro
Ohmu

I wouldn't say i'm obssessed then.. I don't think about it 24/7.. I think about other stuff - Girls, Partying, College, Heroes (the prog), Shopping for stuff - Just "normal" you know..

I'm not like -as roar says- a narutard or a nihon-tard.

01.08.2009, 01:46 PM Dark Totoro is offline   Profile for Dark Totoro Add Dark Totoro to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well as long as it makes you happy DT you can be as obsessed or unobsessed as you like. Dont worry about it.

01.08.2009, 03:31 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Obsessing sure makes me happy. It's like a sort of escapism...

My Anime List

01.08.2009, 06:31 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Obsessions are fine, it just depends on what they are. Like im obsessed with sports. Good thing Im not obsessed with gambling on sports, though I do partake in it. It depends on what it is, and how much the obsession is.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

01.08.2009, 07:09 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Obsession on any level is never good, regardless of activity. I mean, take a look at what obsession with religion, which is supposed to be a good thing, did to the crusaders and the taliban.

Anyway, since it's already so far derailed, just a reminder that everything in anime and dramas are totally NOT what you will see in real Japan.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

01.09.2009, 10:44 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Roar, that is a good point, the last thing someone who is trying to find in a surrogate culture is a culture that they didnt expect.

And I do disagree that obsessions are bad, obsession with religion is never ever good. I think it is probably one of the more damaging obsessions, things that dont affect alot of people are the obsessions that dont cause immediate harm.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

01.09.2009, 12:25 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Miyrru And I do disagree that obsessions are bad, obsession with religion is never ever good.
Define contradictory

01.10.2009, 04:31 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
quote:
Originally posted by Miyrru And I do disagree that obsessions are bad, obsession with religion is never ever good.
Define contradictory

Sorry I should have placed an 'all' somewhere in there.

Click for Gallery^^

01.10.2009, 08:51 AM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
maggie
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.25.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by maggie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

*reads previous posts* er... I actually really like Naruto... Sure It's not the best anime/manga around, but I still find it entertaining.

02.25.2010, 03:13 PM maggie is offline   Profile for maggie Add maggie to your buddy list
Sigy
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.17.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sigy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I started to watch naruto in tv , but then they suddenly stoped showing it ...but later i started to watch naruto shippuuden in net and i really like it ... but i think its tooo long

and if you guys would ask me what other animes i watch(ed) then here are some - blood+ and claymore ( 2 of my fav), vision of escaflowne, elfen lied, Ef – A Tale Of Melodies Ef, A Tale Of Memories and others

Keep smiling!!!!

07.17.2010, 05:38 PM Sigy is offline   Profile for Sigy Add Sigy to your buddy list
blackice10
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by blackice10 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've only watched bits of it, my bf does like it, amongst many other animes but then that's ok cos everyone's entitled to watch what they want, like what they want, that's what makes us different right ? Sure i take the p**s outta him but it doesn't bother me, it's not like he's obsessed with Japan wanting to live there or w/e ! Looks a bit babyish to me like, but I'm a Death Note fan so .... Thanks Roar I had never heard 'Narutard' before but I do use it on him .... As a term of endearment of course .... Sure he's real grateful and all

P.S. If I watch it and end up liking it, I'll publicly apologise to him -my bf i mean- don't pity the guy, he has it good !!! And Sigy, Shipuuden is the older Naruto anyway so it's not seen as, as 'bad'

1. I am never wrong.

2. If I'm ever wrong, refer to rule 1.

Be excellent to each other

Post last edited by blackice10 on 07.25.2010, 08:07 AM.

07.24.2010, 09:21 PM blackice10 is offline   Profile for blackice10 Add blackice10 to your buddy list Send an Email to blackice10
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Studying and watching Naruto works well. xD There are some interesting parts but they're so lost in all the prolonging of the series. Each episode, there is one word/phrase that gets repeated over and over and over again. Even if it's a good point...god, it gets annoying. And the characters...even if you haven't seen all the seasons, there starts to be this recurring pattern among them. The same 10 personalities are recycled over the generations.

Oh and everyone dies. Lol.

Not a great anime by any stretch of imagination, but it can be entertaining if you filter out the many annoying bits. Certainly not the worst out there. Guess it depends on what you're looking for.

07.29.2010, 03:34 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I like the way that Naruto discussion threads always seem to have three exclamation marks after the title.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.29.2010, 06:43 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
I like the way that Naruto discussion threads always seem to have three exclamation marks after the title.

Hehe, well they are generally started by Naruto fans. xP

07.29.2010, 03:40 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

I like to think the extra exclamation marks is the text form of the excited naruto/sasuke fuelled fangirl/boy screaming that generally comes along when the show is mentioned in the presence of the narutard population. You know the OMFGOMMMMFGILUVNARUTOSOSOMUCHHIMANDSASUKEARESOHOTIWANTTOMARRYTHEMAHGHUGTHOU TYOGNERSTJgheguhe

That kind of thing.

Post last edited by Nausicaa_Cat on 07.30.2010, 08:47 AM.

07.30.2010, 08:45 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
blackice10
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by blackice10 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

DT, where ARE you anyway ? . . . Think what the others are trying to say is, it's up to you but don't expect not to be made fun of ? !

Since this is a Naruto thread, best to maybe leave it for the Naruto fans ?

Just a thought

1. I am never wrong.

2. If I'm ever wrong, refer to rule 1.

Be excellent to each other

07.30.2010, 01:01 PM blackice10 is offline   Profile for blackice10 Add blackice10 to your buddy list Send an Email to blackice10
[  «    1  2  3    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks