QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - a mistake in the news
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Ghibli Discussions a mistake in the news Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 03.13.05
  a mistake in the newsPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ceiba Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hello
my name is Ceiba and I'm new member. I'm a french girl and I'm one of the webmasters of a french website about Studio Ghibli.
I'm sorry for my english, but it's new for me to write in english on the web! ^^
I'm writing to you because I'v seen a news on your site today, and I think you've made a mistake about the short movies to come.
In fact, Koro no Dai Sanpo (2001), Kujiratori (2001), Mei to Koneko Basu ( 2002), "Kûsô no Sora Tobu Kikaitachi" (for the exhibition Laputa in the museum Ghibli in 2002 or 2003, I didn't remember exactly... ) are not previous films, they are finished since many years.
The only short movie to come is Hoshi wo Katta Hi.
(in the news of Catuska, it's written some news about this short movie and after that, they've just made a summary of the old short movies)
Sorry, my first message is not really a good news!^^
But I will try to do better (for by example, I've written some articles about Howl's moving castle (I'v seen it three times, and one times with Miyazaki himself in the cinema!!^^), about the exhibition of Miyazaki-Moebius in Paris...so If you need information, tell me, and I will try too translate!)

Post last edited by ceiba on 03.13.2005, 10:26 PM.

03.13.2005, 10:26 PM ceiba is offline   Profile for ceiba Add ceiba to your buddy list
Jiji
Oldie newbie

Registration Date: 01.15.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi Ceiba! Welcome to the forums!

I am very sorry for the mistakes in the news ( ^_^:; ). Thank you very much for your hands up. Those films are related to Laputa? That sounds interesting. A pity that I do not know when I will have the chance to go to the Ghibli museum . Have you watched them?

Hehe I am from Hong Kong and my mother tongue is Cantonese, so I am also an English learner. Whenever I stand in front of a foreigner my tongue always itself up . Actually your English is not bad. There is nothing for you to be sorry for.

_Howl_ will not be released in Hong Kong until late March, and even by then Miyazaki will not come. Worst still I will have to attend the public exam in early April, so it is impossible for me to watch the movie for more than once. You are really making me envious.

France seems to be a great place for Miyazaki fans. At least I am sure that the chance of Miyazaki coming to Hong Kong is close to zero. And how is the Miyazaki-Moebius exhibition? I have seen some of the pictures through the internet. But I still want to see them in person.

03.14.2005, 05:54 AM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
ceiba
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 03.13.05
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ceiba Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

thanks you for your welcome!^^
I confess that in France we are lucky guys! At present, we have the chance to see in cinema all the "old" movies of the studio, since the success of Chihiro (spirited away) and we have many festivals where we can see Kiki, Totoro, Mononoke or Laputa. The next "old" film to come is Nausicaa, but for the moment, we have Howl's moving castle (almost 1.5 millions of spectators)!
For the exhibition of Miyazaki-Moebius, I and the others webmasters had the chance to go to the press conference with Suzuki and Moebius and to the preview, where I could talk to Moebius (I know, I'm lucky girl!!! ). Obviously, we have the chance to have an exhibition about Miyazaki, but I'm a little bit desappointed, because almost all the images of Miyazaki are copies, they're only few original works. And the other big problem is the absence of biography or explication about the work of Miyazaki in the exhibition, and I think it's not good for the novices. It's too bad to have so money to do an exhibition and to waste it. But I confess it's always a pleasure to discover new work of the master. And the part about Moebius is very interesting (a lot of original work).
If someone speaks french, he could read my article here :
http://www.buta-connection.net/special/e...ntroduction.htm
I've got the project to translate it in english with a friend (who speaks currently english) to share it with english people (who have no our chance to see it). I promess to tell you when it will be!
(in the section "Genese", I explain the reason of the exhibition, in the section "scenographie", they are some pictures of the exhibition, in the section "analyse",I explain my felling about the exhibition and you can see me with Moebius! I'm not a liar!!^^ )

03.14.2005, 10:14 AM ceiba is offline   Profile for ceiba Add ceiba to your buddy list
Jiji
Oldie newbie

Registration Date: 01.15.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh lucky you! I would really love to see all those Miyazaki movies in theatres (esp Kiki, since that's my favourite! ). Miyazaki said that his works should only be viewed in theatres only. So all his works deserves to be viewed in the way they meant to be. In fact my impression of watching Spirited Away in a theatre is much stronger than watching it with a 29-inch TV.

Actually Hong Kong is not particularly bad for Miyazaki fans, though it is still far from perfect (oh Tokyo!). Since the late 80s, we had theatrical releases of the Ghibli films soon after their release in Japan. When I was two, my parents brought me to see Laputa. I cried in the middle of the movie, so my dad beat me up in the toilet .

The DVDs of the Ghibli movies, from Nausicaa to Cat, are available everywhere at a cheap price. There are also Ghibli movies shown on TV every week. But the greatest problem is that everyone still see them as kiddy cartoons. That explains the poor boxoffice of Mononoke. I think the French and other Western viewers are much more mature.

Thanks for the link to your article. Though I cannot understand a single word, I enjoy browsing through the pictures, especially those in the "Galarie". I look forward to see the English translation.

btw the good news is that my dad has just brought a 42-inch widescreen plasma TV, which will be delivered to our home next week. The viewing should be much better . Still, I want to see Kiki in theatres . You know, many people who dislike Kiki at first changed their minds after seeing the theatrical release of Kiki, and made the movie one of their all-time favourites. Seeing a film in a theatre is really much more fantastic, unless you are rich enough to have a mini theatre with a 100-inch screen. 8]

03.14.2005, 02:08 PM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks