QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Whats your Favorite anime style
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Whats your Favorite anime style » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Poll: Whats your favorite anime type(theme)
Romance 5 71.43%
Thriller 0 0.00%
Drama 0 0.00%
Horror 0 0.00%
Sci-Fi 0 0.00%
Sentai 0 0.00%
Shonen 0 0.00%
Shojo 2 28.57%
Josei 0 0.00%
Kodomo 0 0.00%
Total: 7 Votes 100%

Author
Post [  1  2  3    »  ]
Chrisss
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.11.09
  Whats your Favorite anime stylePost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chrisss Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Vote

02.19.2009, 10:47 AM Chrisss is offline   Profile for Chrisss Add Chrisss to your buddy list Homepage of Chrisss
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Heh, I guess I'd have to say shojo. I'm surprised mecha isn't up there tbh.

Also, you're going to have to make that picture in your sig smaller. 'Tis breaking the rules to have one that big...

My Anime List

02.19.2009, 10:50 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Chrisss
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chrisss Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

kk I was gonna put that but I didnt think anyone would of watch one of those

02.19.2009, 07:40 PM Chrisss is offline   Profile for Chrisss Add Chrisss to your buddy list Homepage of Chrisss
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I cant pick anything specific, would be nice if we had a polling system in which you can submit more then one answer.

Not to mention, I think these are more genres are opposed to styles, when I think of styles, i think of specific ways of drawing characters but I think that is just me.

And how did you manage to leave mecha off that? That is kinda a big one lol.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

02.19.2009, 08:29 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Chrisss
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chrisss Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I forgot I just thought no one really knew about mecha

02.19.2009, 08:43 PM Chrisss is offline   Profile for Chrisss Add Chrisss to your buddy list Homepage of Chrisss
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Chrisss
I forgot I just thought no one really knew about mecha

Are you serious? Mecha has to be one of the top 3 genres in anime. Macrosses, Gundams, Code Geasses, Gurren Laagans, etc etc. It is quite well known my friend. Do you watch any mechas? Sometimes people who dont really watch a genre tend to think that it doesnt exist. Kinda like how i was unaware of the massive amounts of yaoi that occupy fangirls' time.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

02.19.2009, 09:06 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Chrisss
Calcifer

I watch a little Code Geasses and tokyo wars 1945 (or some date)
but im not far on either one

02.19.2009, 09:54 PM Chrisss is offline   Profile for Chrisss Add Chrisss to your buddy list Homepage of Chrisss
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

You need to watch Code Geass, one of the best series of the past few years.

Click for Gallery^^

02.19.2009, 09:56 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Miyrru
Kinda like how i was unaware of the massive amounts of yaoi that occupy fangirls' time.

L. O. L. XD

My Anime List

02.19.2009, 10:15 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

@kaz, its true. Like I knew some of it was there, but there is like 4 times the amount of yaoi compared to yuri. I was sure that anime was more male dominated, and when I say male dominated, i dont mean it in 'that' way.

Click for Gallery^^

02.19.2009, 10:17 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Chrisss
Calcifer

like im not gay but yaoi is okay they made a yaoi of one of my favorite animes- Orean High School Host Club

02.19.2009, 10:21 PM Chrisss is offline   Profile for Chrisss Add Chrisss to your buddy list Homepage of Chrisss
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

I never watched Ouran, partly for that reason, but just the way it was presented, I didnt get 'it' so I figured to just stay away.

Click for Gallery^^

02.19.2009, 10:24 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
and when I say male dominated, i dont mean it in 'that' way.

The thought never crossed my mind... :'D Also, Miy, what exactly do you mean about the way Ouran is presented?

@ Chrisss - they made OHSHC yaoi? e_o Eh.. I like a bit of yaoi now and then but... just seems wrong with OHSHC.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 02.19.2009, 10:27 PM.

02.19.2009, 10:25 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Chrisss
Calcifer

I havent seen much but its okay its not like take clothes off stuff it still has a story I would say this is one that you should watch it its one of those animes that after you watch it it gives you diffrent views of other animes not in a bad way

02.19.2009, 10:28 PM Chrisss is offline   Profile for Chrisss Add Chrisss to your buddy list Homepage of Chrisss
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Chrisss
I havent seen much but its okay its not like take clothes off stuff it still has a story I would say this is one that you should watch it its one of those animes that after you watch it it gives you diffrent views of other animes not in a bad way

Well.. what's it called?

My Anime List

02.19.2009, 10:29 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

@Kaz, you know, im not really sure, its just the away it was set up or something. I watched about half the first ep and couldnt get into it, all the shinyiness and bishies just turned me off to it. I guess that is my excuse however bad it is.

Click for Gallery^^

02.19.2009, 10:30 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Chrisss
Calcifer

one sec. gotta find it again

02.19.2009, 10:31 PM Chrisss is offline   Profile for Chrisss Add Chrisss to your buddy list Homepage of Chrisss
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
@Kaz, you know, im not really sure, its just the away it was set up or something. I watched about half the first ep and couldnt get into it, all the shinyiness and bishies just turned me off to it. I guess that is my excuse however bad it is.

Lol, fair enough. I think I can understand that actually, I'd say it's probably very girl-orientated... fangirl-orientated to be exact.

My Anime List

02.19.2009, 10:33 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Chrisss
Calcifer

Until the 8th episode thats when it gets better its not like a action thing

02.19.2009, 10:33 PM Chrisss is offline   Profile for Chrisss Add Chrisss to your buddy list Homepage of Chrisss
Chrisss
Calcifer

il have that yaoi thing by tomorrow il have to ask my friend harley he knows were it is

02.19.2009, 10:34 PM Chrisss is offline   Profile for Chrisss Add Chrisss to your buddy list Homepage of Chrisss
[  1  2  3    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks