QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Random Anime Thought
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Random Anime Thought » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Random Anime ThoughtPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was looking at the list of all the series I watched, all 53 of them, I am such a lose in that respect, but anyways... I realized that since it was in alphabetical order that I havent watched an anime that starts with each letter of the alphabet.

Im missing the letters: i, j, o, q, u, v, x, and y. I can get the 'u' if I finish Utawarerumono but I thought that that was interesting. We should do some sort of poll and figure out the best series that starts with each letter of the alphabet for a top 26 series by letter. Kinda kidding, but that would be pretty cool.

Yeah so that was just a random blurb, Im sure i channeled by inner FFF on that one, now returning to your regularly scheduled programing.

But if you are interesting, Ill take suggestions on what to watch for each of the missing letters. That might give this thread some direction lol.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

02.19.2009, 09:18 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You haven't watched Vandread? Wow, I thought you were into mecha. Well, there's Valkyrie, the only other that comes to mind, but I haven't seen that.

Under 'I', I've seen "I Wish You Were Here" which is an OVA (not really that great IO, but watchable), and "Ichigo Mashimaro", which I just finished, which is like AzuDai with kids. "Initial D" is a no-brainer, Inuyasha would be a no-no,

I'm guessing Infinite Ryvius would fall under 'M', for "Mugen no Ryvius", so I'll skip that.

Most famous under 'J' would be "Jigoku Shoujo" now in its third season, although it gets reptitive after a while. "Jarinko Chie", or Chie the Brat, you should know; it's a pre-ghibli after all. "Jin-Roh" needs no introduction, it's just too good. "Juubei-chan" if you want a childish version of Rurouni Kenshin. "Juuni Kokki: or Twelve Kingdoms if you like political/fantasy genre.

For 'O' now... "Ouran High School" I haven't watched, can't comment. But I think "Omohide Poro Poro" and "On Your Mark" you should already have watched, right? Anyway, not recommending One Piece obviously, but "Onegai Teacher" and "Onegai Twins" I would recommend. "Otogizoshi" is another good one.

We'll skip 'Q'. Simply because I only found three titles; one is from 1981 one has yet to be released, and one is an OVA I haven't watched based on an NDS game. It's called Quiz Magic Academy btw.

'U' you already mentioned, but FYI "Umi ga Kikoeru" is under here too, y'know. As is Ultraman, but let's be serious.

On 'V', apart from Vandread, there's "Vampire Hunter D", but I haven't seen that either, so meh.

'X' is easy: "xxxHolix" is pretty much obvious. Then there's, well, "X" by CLAMP. Haven't seen Xenosaga, no comment.

Under 'Y', I've seen "Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge" more for Bishounen lovers really. And the only other titles I CANNOT recommend are "Yu Yu Hakusho" and "Yugi-Oh".

There ya go.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

02.20.2009, 09:03 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think O is obvious. Don't know about the others I'm afraid... haven't watched nearly enough myself.

My Anime List

02.20.2009, 11:47 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Cool stuff, thanks for teh suggestions Roar, I have seen On Your Mark and Jin Roh obviously, Im trying go for series instead of films just because. I think I might have a few more letters if I count the films, so ill stick with series.

I think I might start with xxxholic and do some research on the rest of those as well. Thanks man, any other suggestions are open and welcomed.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

02.20.2009, 12:11 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Miyrru and Roar...

Let me know what you think of 'xxxholic'. Been thinking about it but not sure if I want to watch in it... The title is kind of a put-off unless it is not really an xxx type of thing. If like 'Chobits' that is cool.

thanks

Husky

two hours to Coraline... lol

Post last edited by husky51 on 02.20.2009, 03:27 PM.

02.20.2009, 03:26 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The "xxx" depict an open tag. In simpler terms, a fill-in-the-blanks of sorts.

Like most other anime, it suffers from bad endings, but the series itself is more episodic, like Mushishi, then a single storyline, so I guess it can be forgiven in a sense.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

02.20.2009, 11:54 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well if its to the quality of Mushishi then there should be no problem, but that is a pretty high standard to me. I loved Mushshi, it is to me the embodiment of 26 mini Ghiblis with a loosely binding story. Great series.

I have some xxxholic on my computer so I think ill watch some tonight to try it out. Im having some sort of retro movement by rewatching Cardcaptor Sakura and then probably watching Tsubasa. Should keep me occupied for a while.

Click for Gallery^^

02.21.2009, 12:12 AM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Well I got around to xxxHolic last night and was pleasantly surprised. I liked it. I watched the first four eps and found them good, the humour is pretty good, and the story's are kinda episodic but it seems like it will still be good. I really liked the art style, CLAMP is pretty good for that, and I was a little wary with it, but the disproportions of people being two thin and just the shapes and styles of the characters make it pretty interesting.

I found my 'x'. One down.

Click for Gallery^^

02.21.2009, 01:56 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think CLAMP are sorta famous for the length of their character's limbs.

My Anime List

02.21.2009, 02:07 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

lol, my favourite, and sometimes only favourite series by them. XD I want to watch the second season after episode 8, but I can't find the episodes...

My friends like HOLiC and MushiShi. Been trying to get them into Natsume Yuujin-chou, and one seems to really want to but has dial-up, and the other only watches dubs...

02.21.2009, 02:13 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

@Kaz, yeah I think it is, but it wasnt as bad in Code Geass, like it was probably still longer then normal, but Yuko in xxxHolic has like 2 metre long arms, its insane. But I kinda like the style.

Click for Gallery^^

02.21.2009, 03:17 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
Haven't seen Xenosaga, no comment.

It sounded good when I looked it up aaaages ago...

02.22.2009, 12:53 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Miyrru
and then probably watching Tsubasa.
Mm, I liked Tsubasa but just know it's stuffed with fillers and was never really ended. Got cancelled at the end of season 2 if I remember rightly... apparently due to violence in the manga... but it got so far off track from the manga anyway, I don't see why they couldn't just make the rest of it up. ¬_¬

My Anime List

02.22.2009, 03:00 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
quote:
Mm, I liked Tsubasa but just know it's stuffed with fillers and was never really ended. Got cancelled at the end of season 2 if I remember rightly... apparently due to violence in the manga... but it got so far off track from the manga anyway, I don't see why they couldn't just make the rest of it up. ¬_¬

Hmm, considering its links to Card Captor Sakura, its hard to believe it got to violent. Im surprised though, the violence in anime is pretty graphic and it still gets made. Ill probably still watch it cause its 52 episodes and that would keep me busy for a bit. I need at least 4 new series and a few oldies on at all times .

Click for Gallery^^

02.22.2009, 04:07 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
quote:
quote:

Hmm, considering its links to Card Captor Sakura, its hard to believe it got to violent. Im surprised though, the violence in anime is pretty graphic and it still gets made. Ill probably still watch it cause its 52 episodes and that would keep me busy for a bit. I need at least 4 new series and a few oldies on at all times .

Not too violent...? o_o Limbs came off, eyes were ripped out... None of that was in the main anime of course, though some was in the OVAs. The manga was certainly very violent, believe me.

My Anime List

02.22.2009, 06:17 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Not too violent...? o_o Limbs came off, eyes were ripped out... None of that was in the main anime of course, though some was in the OVAs. The manga was certainly very violent, believe me.

Well I was just speculating due to the nature of the previous iteration. Sounds interesting though, a little violence is always a spice up. Are you still having a fangirl attack with a new OVA coming out? lol .

Click for Gallery^^

02.22.2009, 06:21 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well I was just speculating due to the nature of the previous iteration. Sounds interesting though, a little violence is always a spice up. Are you still having a fangirl attack with a new OVA coming out? lol .

The new OVAs... X3 Mm, they're called Tsubasa Shunraiki. It seems like it's gonna be the end of March before they're out though... >< Hee, can't wait though.

My Anime List

02.22.2009, 06:24 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Oh i bet, I tend to have mixed feelings on OVAs. Now i think this is just me, but I like there to be OVAs, but i dont like watching them. Prime example for me is the Lucky Star OVA. I loved Lucky Star, im watching it again in english and its still sidesplittinly funny, but if i watch teh OVA then it is all over for me, there is nothing more coming and all the characters and stories I enjoyed come to a end. I dont like it when that happens, so, i havent watched the OVA but have it on my computer incase the impulse happens. Im weird I know.

Click for Gallery^^

02.22.2009, 06:29 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

There's a Lucky Star OVA?

*runs*

*comes back*

Um yeah, personally I don't think Tsubasa was violent at all. Spoiler!, highlight to read.

I mean, they showed the murder of Kurogane's mother after all. And xxxHolic had that spider demon eat Watanuki's eye. And unless I'm mistaken, Tokyo Revelations showed Sakura's leg being impaled, didn't it?

Well, in any case, TRC and xxxHolic were supposed to be two stories running in parallel, so I guess it was gonna fall apart anyway for the anime, meh.

Now, about that Lucky Star OVA...

*runs again*

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

02.23.2009, 09:38 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Hey whoa, I know your excited but that was a little spoiler for xxxHolic about Watanugi. Jerk lol.

I am loving xxxHolic, Moukana is awesome, easily the best annoying stuffed animal looking thing that ive come across in a long time.

Enjoy that OVA if you give me any spoilers I will come through the net and hurt you lol

Click for Gallery^^

02.23.2009, 09:58 AM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks