QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Elfen Leid
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Elfen Leid » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3  4    »  ]
Chrisss
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.11.09
  Elfen LeidPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chrisss Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ive been watching this anime but the first episode was really bloody I dont care about nudity because it doesnt mean the same thing in japanese animes but is it going to be this bloody in the rest of the anime

Post last edited by Chrisss on 02.19.2009, 09:21 PM.

02.19.2009, 09:21 PM Chrisss is offline   Profile for Chrisss Add Chrisss to your buddy list Homepage of Chrisss
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Telling you from watching and loving this series, that it is indeed pretty blood soaked. I dont think any whole episode is as gruesome as the first ep, but there is plenty more where the first ep came from. Personally i think it is one of the best series ive seen and feel that it is still worth watching, but if it doesnt float your boat then skip it.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

02.19.2009, 09:24 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Chrisss
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chrisss Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

thnks il watch it

02.19.2009, 09:27 PM Chrisss is offline   Profile for Chrisss Add Chrisss to your buddy list Homepage of Chrisss
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

lol good stuff. Are you fairly new to anime and have an interest to watch more or have you cataloged alot?

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

02.19.2009, 09:28 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Chrisss
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chrisss Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Im not that new I started like when I was 8 that was pokemon probly doesnt count but then my first real anime was at 9

02.19.2009, 09:41 PM Chrisss is offline   Profile for Chrisss Add Chrisss to your buddy list Homepage of Chrisss
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Well I was thinking more in the way of the amount you have watched. I think I only really started watching in my late teens here, but I have covered alot of ground. Just kinda curious to figure out what you have seen, liked, disliked etc. Not many anime discussions around here actually so its nice to have one for a change.

Click for Gallery^^

02.19.2009, 09:58 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Chrisss
Calcifer

Well Ive watched
Shugo Chara-havent finished
Death Note
Orean High School Host Club
Darker Than Black
Karin
Melochonies of Haruhi-havent finished
Elfen lied-on second episode (lol)
Bleach- cant catch up im on episode 26
trinity blood - got to episode 3 and stopped watching
lucky star- episode 4

02.19.2009, 10:03 PM Chrisss is offline   Profile for Chrisss Add Chrisss to your buddy list Homepage of Chrisss
Chrisss
Calcifer

and fruit basket not finished watching though

02.19.2009, 10:04 PM Chrisss is offline   Profile for Chrisss Add Chrisss to your buddy list Homepage of Chrisss
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

If that is about everything I would say you are fairly new to the medium.

Id say for sure keep watching Elfen Lied if you are interested so far. I think you might want to hold of on something like Lucky Star which has alot of external anime references that you might not get if you havent seen many shows. Like there are a lot of references, but it is a great show, one of my faves.

Click for Gallery^^

02.19.2009, 10:07 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Chrisss
Calcifer

oh forgot
fooly cooly- havent finished
mar-havent finished
Full metal alchemist- episode 3
i need to stop watching so many at the same time

school scedule
break watch anime on ipod
lunch watch anime on ipod
In car watch anime on ipod
Before I go to sleep watch 3-2 hours of anime
Now its time for homework il still reply though but with a 5 minute delay

02.19.2009, 10:15 PM Chrisss is offline   Profile for Chrisss Add Chrisss to your buddy list Homepage of Chrisss
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Thats a pretty big time investment, like im watching 12 series or so atm and i probably only spend maybe 2 or 3 hours a night to watch em before bed.

Click for Gallery^^

02.19.2009, 10:19 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hahaha, I'd say you're both nuts, but I do the same thing sometimes... lol

Watch a lot of anime from Netflix... Have a preference for the anime comedy than the blood and gore types, but I do sometimes watch them as well. Just finished Tokko, which IMO doesn't have much of a plot and a bit of repetition, but wasn't bad overall, I guess... otherwise I wouldn't have kept on watching it...

later, guys...

02.20.2009, 03:32 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
furs
Totoro

Registration Date: 09.23.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by furs Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've been meaning to watch this Elfen Lied. Just need more convincing reviews to be it worth my time.

Post last edited by furs on 02.22.2009, 08:11 AM.

02.22.2009, 08:10 AM furs is offline   Profile for furs Add furs to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Miyrru
Tlike im watching 12 series or so atm
O_O

Whoah. And I thought four was excessive.

@ Chrisss - Fruits Basket was my first proper anime. ^^ I love it.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 02.22.2009, 09:29 AM.

02.22.2009, 09:28 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Chrisss, Elfen Leid is bloody all the way through. Be prepared. Especially for the two girls fighting in the graveyard around... um... not sure, ep.3 or so?

Gory in the extreme.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

02.22.2009, 11:20 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
I dont think any whole episode is as gruesome as the first ep, but there is plenty more where the first ep came from.

Really? I've seen the first episode, and some incredibly gory clips from later on...

02.22.2009, 12:39 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Yeah but the first ep was like really gory the first 5 minutes were nothing but blood and gore. I dont think there is a sustained about of that in the rest of the series. When Nana and Lucy do fight and some limbs go flying is still gory but nothing to the level of teh first ep. Towards the end it gets pretty close.

@Kaz, I know, i think im dropping a few of them due to lack of interest but I think i replaced them, I think it is at least 10. When im watching things that come out on a weekly basis you kinda lose track because it never seems like a lot.

Click for Gallery^^

02.22.2009, 01:19 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Yeah but the first ep was like really gory the first 5 minutes were nothing but blood and gore.

That's not quite true. There is also nudity.

02.22.2009, 02:27 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Yeah true, but it was just there imo, didnt bother me at all, i think the violence should tick someone off more then the nudity.

Click for Gallery^^

02.22.2009, 04:09 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It is not a bad series, the storyline certainly had potential and there were great moments littered throughout, particularly the flashbacks around the middle of the series.

Unfortunately I belong to the camp who feels that the violence and nudity reached the point where it felt gratuitous rather than required.

If you can handle that, then it is a fairly good series.

02.23.2009, 01:28 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
[  1  2  3  4    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks