QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Koumpounophobia
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Koumpounophobia » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  ]
animekittynya
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.11.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by animekittynya Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Tea Master Tall
quote:
Originally posted by animekittynya
Aaaugh! You havent gotten to that part yet!!! -.-;;
Sorry........ Coraline finds out his name at the end of the book.

I finished the book. It didn't spoil much.
IMVHO I think the book was better than the movie. But the movie is awesome too.

Good!

Me too. I read the book first, though, so that might've affected my opinion... But I still like the book better than the movie. ('casue the movie was changed to one of those 'the grass isnt always greener on the other side' type stories...and the creepiness was toned down a bit.)

05.01.2009, 09:55 PM animekittynya is offline   Profile for animekittynya Add animekittynya to your buddy list Homepage of animekittynya
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh, yes both book and movie are awesomeness.
I think the movie was very well done, but they left out or changed some parts of the book.
Anyway, I think it would be fun working on the movie. Playing with all the awesome puppets and stuff.

Check out my music:

Post last edited by Tea Master Tall on 05.05.2009, 05:42 PM.

05.05.2009, 05:21 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
animekittynya
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by animekittynya Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Tea Master Tall
Oh, yes both book and movie are awesomeness.
I think the movie was very well done, but they left out or changed some parts of the book.
Anyway, I think it would be fun working on the movie. Playing with all the awesome puppets and stuff.

Well, the movie's always gonna be different from the book... Always. 'Cause if it wasnt it'd be boring, like watching the book come to life, I s'pose.
(Apparently, the first draft of the Coraline script was just like the book, 'casue the director liked the book so much, but neither the director nor the author was satisfied with the script, so it was rewritten. xD)

The craftsmanship of the movie blows my mind... If you watch the behind teh scenes stuff it's really amazing...
I wants to be a stopmotion animator now!! I WANTS TO PLAY WITH PUPPETS!!! But it's a loootttt of work.

05.06.2009, 09:02 AM animekittynya is offline   Profile for animekittynya Add animekittynya to your buddy list Homepage of animekittynya
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The first half of this post told how I was going to the local library, right now and get the Coraline book that was there...but, somehow I lost ALL of the post... so here is the party of the first part again, or something like that...

aha!!! I figured it out, after erasing the fie=rst edit to the original above messsage. I hit the dang delete key and whilst merrily typing along, I was erasing everything else, so here is the second part again...

RATS! All they had was the graphic book and it was checked out, But, they have the Coraline novel on order and it should be in soon...

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.06.2009, 07:59 PM.

05.06.2009, 07:02 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
animekittynya
Ohmu

@ husky

Aw, sorry 'bout your posts being deleted! DX (read the graphic novel after reading the book!)

Sooo, the Coraline DVD comes out in July 21, woohoo!!! It's been confirmed! -dances happily- Caaannnttt waaaittt!

06.12.2009, 10:58 PM animekittynya is offline   Profile for animekittynya Add animekittynya to your buddy list Homepage of animekittynya
[  «    1  2  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks