QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - [*NO SIGS!*] Isakaya High School – Role-Play Only, Thread #7
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » [*NO SIGS!*] Isakaya High School – Role-Play Only, Thread #7 » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...    »  ]
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"No no, I really have no idea," I waved my hand in denial. "May sound strange, but I've never been to the cafeteria duirng lunchtime, only after school. And they only sell bread and snacks and stuff then."

This is nice, I thought. And it was only this morning when I semi-confessed to Tanaka. Oh dear, I'm turning into a playboy. I hope Tanaka wouldn't mind.

We reached the cafeteria soon after, which was already buzzing with activity. To be honest, it was not exactly the noise that disturbed me, but the lack of personal space. Eating with friends is fine, but I never like the idea of having a meal with a hundred pairs or eyes staring your way. You look one way, you make contact with Boy A. Look the other, you make contact with Girl B. Look down, and I feel like I'm talking to the ramen.

"Hontou ni narenai yo na~," I lamented out loud. "Let's get the curry and find Sadoru. So two curries, yes?"

[Trans: I just can't get used to this.]

05.09.2009, 01:55 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
"Oh, I'm sure they have their reasons - it'd be nice if they'd share with me but... But hey, at least I found where to go when I need to hear nice things about me because of it. Thanks!"
I went a little pink. "Glad I could be of service."
quote:
"Um...outside somewhere?

It looks like everyone's already left. How about we go out and see if a group of people strikes our fancy?"
"Sounds good." I untwisted my bag's strap so it wasn't digging into my shoulder and together we left the empty classroom. "It would've been nice to say hi to the new girl properly but I think she went off with Icchan. Pity..." As we headed towards the doors, I spied a lone figure making his way somewhere or other. "Ne, Hibiki-kun's all alone." I said quietly, "Think he could use some company?"

05.12.2009, 05:26 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
yoshiko
Kodama

Registration Date: 11.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by yoshiko Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
"No no, I really have no idea."
Oh... maybe you're not so funny after all. I'd hoped that he would go along with the joke, but obviously he was quite quick to draw the line. I didn't answer, and instead looked about as we walked to the cafeteria, waving to a few people I knew from Class 1-B. When we got there, I saw one girl who grinned and pointed to Icchan. I winked back and tried not to laugh.

quote:
"Let's get the curry and find Sadoru. So two curries, yes?"
"Hmm?" I hadn't really been listening. "Um, sure."

I wonder what I've just agreed to...

I looked at the girl again and, making sure Icchan didn't see, gave her two thumbs up, before deliberately pushing into Icchan. "Oops, sorry! The floor there is slippy."

05.15.2009, 01:20 PM yoshiko is offline   Profile for yoshiko Add yoshiko to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
"It would've been nice to say hi to the new girl properly but I think she went off with Icchan. Pity..."

"Yeah, I didn't have a chance to talk to her during class but I'm sure we'll run into her soon enough. Hopefully Icchan won't have scared her off of us," I replied, giggling, "We can try and save her if we see her."

We were headed out the door when Kazuo spoke spoke up again - his usually soft voice quieter so I had to lean in to hear him properly.
quote:
"Ne, Hibiki-kun's all alone. Think he could use some company?"

I followed his gaze and then shrugged, "I don't know. It's hard to tell with him - or at least to tell and be right...but I have talked to him before and he was nice enough. Let's try our luck?"

Giving Kazuo a quick smile, I called out, "Hey Hibiki-san, wait up!"

05.15.2009, 07:05 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
"Oops, sorry! The floor there is slippy."
"Nn? Naw, s'alright," I said absent-mindedly, and looked up at the menu.

Hmm...

"Um, Miyamoto-san, which curry do you want? Potato or chicken?"

05.16.2009, 07:00 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

As I was putting my stuff away, I spotted Chi looking around the classroom. I put my books down for a moment to sit up and try to catch her eye.

Hi!

Then I saw her get up and follow Na-chan instead.

Hi...?

Now a bit dejected, I finished loading the books into my bag and got up myself. I had another glance to see who was about, before heading for the doors on my own. Who else will want to have lunch with me anyway...? But then, just as I was leaving, I heard a shout:

quote:
"Hey Hibiki-san, wait up!"
At first, I thought I must've misheard, but I turned round anyway, to see Tanaka looking my way. How come you manage to get so much attention from pretty girls?

I wound my way though the crowd towards her, noticing Satomi standing next to her. I stopped in front of them with a quite confused expression. "Um... yeah?"

05.16.2009, 07:40 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

At first she didn't seem too enthusiastic about the idea, but since she didn't seem to particularly object either I didn't worry about it.

quote:
"I don't know. It's hard to tell with him - or at least to tell and be right...but I have talked to him before and he was nice enough. Let's try our luck?"
"Sure."

She called out to him and he turned to face us, looking if anything a little bewildered.
quote:
"Um... yeah?"
"We were, ah, just wondering if you want to have lunch with us?" I said hopefully. Unless, of course, you have other plans.

05.19.2009, 04:28 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It was warm out there in the mild sunshine, even under the scribbling shadows of the trees. The blossom had all fallen now and the new leaves were budding and unfurling, all tiny and bright green, bursting with goodness.

Leaves have goodness? Where did that come from?

I leaned back, stretched my legs and laced my hands together behind my head. I closed my eyes and listened to the chatter of people around me, footsteps passing.

They're taking a long time. Not that far to the cafeteria.

I found my mind drifting to its favourite subject and wondered about these short bouts of illness. I wondered what it was the Shadows did and how they did it. I wondered when they would do it. I wondered what they were. I wondered how I might get answers.

Maybe at the Karinushi house tonight?

It would be so much better if Takako could be there. If she was unable to go I considered asking Tanaka if it would work to invite Hibiki along. I still wasn't sure what to make of Hibiki. He always seemed so... distant.

But if anyone can bring him out of his shell, you can Mai.

Poor Mai. Doesn't look like you and Yuichi will work out. Could have sworn you two would hook up. Wonder what went wrong?

I shrugged. Not my business. I opened one eye to catch slices of sunlight rippling through the leaves.

Yeah. Taking a long time. Maybe she asked him out and he ran off screaming?

I closed my eyes again. It was warm and pleasant and my mind drifted...

05.21.2009, 04:08 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hibiki-san made his way over to us in a daze - that's one expression that can regularly be seen on his face. Then he stood, a bit awkwardly, and asked us what we wanted.

Right, hello you too, I thought. It was a bit unnerving talking to someone who didn't seem like they were about to help you out with the conversation at all. Deciding that he just needed to be welcomed, I shot him a friendly smile as Kazuo invited him to lunch. I nodded, encouragingly, "Yes, we were just heading outside if you wanted to join us."

05.22.2009, 01:26 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Following my clumsy non-sentence which had to serve as a greeting, two oddly eager iterations of a request came:

quote:
"We were, ah, just wondering if you want to have lunch with us?"
quote:
"Yes, we were just heading outside if you wanted to join us."
There was nothing else that they would've asked, but it took me by surprise anyway. The corners of my mouth twitched, and I answered, "I think I like the sound of that."

Really? I thought you'd prefer to be with somebody else.

Don't...

Ohhhh, I see. So it doesn't
really matter who you have lunch with, as long as they have certain body parts and lack certain others.

I raised a hand to my mouth and coughed. "So,er... yeah. Should we go?"

05.22.2009, 06:37 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
yoshiko
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by yoshiko Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
"Nn? Naw, s'alright."
Is that all? He didn't say anything more, and just examined the menu instead. I heard a giggle and turned round to see the girl I knew looking smug.

It took me a moment to realise it when he then asked me what kind of curry I'd prefer. Last try... I thought as soon as it had sunk in. "Hmm. Surprise me!" I got a smile ready in case he looked round at me again.

05.23.2009, 05:02 PM yoshiko is offline   Profile for yoshiko Add yoshiko to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

"Surprise you, meaning-"

quote:

Well if that smile doesn't look suspicious, I don't know what does.

"Eeh..." was all I could muster as I gazed upon this pretty-yet-creepy face looking up at me.

As if the heavens finally decided to take pity on me, the lunch lady called out for her next customer, saving me from a potentially stupid response.

I ordered two curry, one each, ¥800, thank you and please come again, next customer please!

"So..." I started, unconsciously taking a step too big away from Miyamoto, "Shall we go?"

05.24.2009, 02:11 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
natsuba
Ohmu

Registration Date: 10.22.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by natsuba Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Someone touched my shoulder.

"Uwaaaa!" I leapt sideways and knocked into someone. They yelled at me.

quote:
"Hey are you okay?"
"Gomen! I didn't mean...! Oh!" It was Chi. "You sacred me! Don't do that! Scary person!" The boy who had shouted at me went off, cursing something.

"Naughty scary person, don't sneak around like that!" My eyes were wide but I was glad to see her. I ended up grinning stupidly and rubbing my arm from the bump. "I nearly killed someone, silly."

05.25.2009, 11:57 AM natsuba is offline   Profile for natsuba Add natsuba to your buddy list Send an Email to natsuba
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The weight of my physics book tugged at my bag. Force of gravity. It seemed like nobody else liked the subject very much. I did, although I didn't want it to show too much. I was already different. The new girl from 1-B, Yoshiko, didn't seem keen on sitting behind me either. And yet likely, she didn't know...

"You're a kind of mystery, Takako," I said to myself.

It doesn't seem to scare someone away though, I thought. Okayu Sadoru. I smiled. He must be really brave. Does he know how much I appreciate it?
I hoped he did. But maybe not. I decided to add that to my to-do list today: 'Appreciate Sadoru'.

"Where is that guy anyway?" I murmured. I hadn't noticed him leaving. But there weren't many people left around. Hm?

Slowpoke, I accused myself. But Mai was just about to head out the door - and Kaz. It looked like Hibiki was joining them, too.

"Hey, wait up!" I exclaimed. "Can I join you guys?"

Post last edited by Mush on 05.27.2009, 01:42 AM.

05.27.2009, 01:41 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I seemed to startle her and she knocked into somebody else,

quote:
"Gomen! I didn't mean...! Oh! You sacred me! Don't do that! Scary person!"

"Ah sorry!" I yelped, suprised by her strong reaction I didn't mean to make you jump!

quote:
"Naughty scary person, don't sneak around like that! I nearly killed someone, silly

I relaxed at her grin and returned it "Ah i'm sorry, I just saw you leaving and you looked like you could use a..." friend? "...lunch partner!"

"May I sit with you?" I asked, smiling.

I resisted the urge to turn my head at the sound of his voice, agreeing to go eat lunch with others.

That's right, you don't need me. You'll smile more with more friends.

05.27.2009, 06:07 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
natsuba
Ohmu

Registration Date: 10.22.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by natsuba Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I clutched my books to my chest and grinned at her, wiggling. I wiggled. Wiggle, wiggle.

quote:
"Ah sorry! I didn't mean to make you jump!"
"But you did! You did make me jump! You made me jump you big scary person you!" I bonked my books at her nose.

quote:
"Ah I'm sorry, I just saw you leaving and you looked like you could use a lunch partner!"
The word partner brought up images of kissing. And... kissing... mmm...

"Ah-ha! Hahaha! Er...?" I could feel my face colouring.

kissing.

kissing boys.

quote:
"May I sit with you?"
"Eh?!" I looked around behind me. "Floor's a bit dirty. Wouldn't you rather find a bench? Sadoru's sitting on a bench. He's thinking about. He's.... Erm..."

I looked down at the floor.

Stop it. Just. Stop. I looked up at her and grinned again.

"Hai! I'd love to have lunch with you!"

05.27.2009, 03:18 PM natsuba is offline   Profile for natsuba Add natsuba to your buddy list Send an Email to natsuba
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
"I think I like the sound of that."
Aw. He almost smiled. It was a more positive response than I'd expected, so I was happy. Looked like my intuition was more or less on the ball today.
quote:
"So,er... yeah. Should we go?"
"Yep, let's go." Still a little awkward, isn't it? I wondered then if there was anyone he was comfortable around. Of course there must have been someone. But he's not the type to let on much, now is he?

We were just about to leave when...
quote:
"Hey, wait up! Can I join you guys?"
It was Takako-san. I glanced briefly back at Hibiki. It's the two shadows. I smiled at Takako and nodded, assuming Mai, who knew her much better, would do the talking.

05.29.2009, 08:04 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Just when it seemed that the three of us would stand there all day, agreeing on going out, I heard Aoi's voice call out.

quote:
"Hey, wait up! Can I join you guys?"

"Aoi-chi!" I exclaimed, "Of course, we were just planning on going outside."

Kazuo had nodded and glancing at Hibiki-san, I assumed would be fine with Aoi joining us after ... well, everything. Leading out of the class room and down the stairs, I commented on how slow the week had been and that I was glad it was almost over. Talking about school and other mundane things was pretty safe. I also managed to resist asking Aoi-chi how she really was but she more than likely picked up on the inquiring looks I sent her in between our conversation.

When we stopped at the shoe lockers to put our things away and change shoes, I asked, "So, sun or shade?" and thought about a decent spot to sit.

Post last edited by fenkashi on 05.30.2009, 12:39 PM.

05.29.2009, 07:30 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
hikari
Ohmu

Registration Date: 09.16.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hikari Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
"That's best. Just agree with me and everything will be fine."

I tried my best to glare at her but, instead, ended up leaning into her hand as it was placed on my head. That made the glare I was sending her rather ineffective but in the light of things (she had such nice hands), I decided to forgive her.

That and the fact that she had brought up lunch and I was rather hungry. And when she was silly about that I couldn't help but giggle.
quote:
"Somewhere romantic, with palm trees, hot sun and miles of empty white sandy beach? I know just the place. Misato's Coffee Bar, in the mall. It's perfect. They do snacks and stuff, sandwiches. Teryaki. No palm trees though. Or beach. Hm... not too hot either... the sea's quite a way off... no fresh caught lobster... But it has me."

"Hm, I don't know..." I hedged and she countered by leaning far too close to my ear.
quote:
"And I'm buying, so its an offer you can't refuse."

This time, my glare was dismantled by my shivering and I had to look around for anyone who had seen that. It was too warm in the classroom to be shivering. Thankfully, it seemed as if the majority of the class had left the room as soon as possible. I couldn't blame them, really. These classes were all terribly dull and I would have been right behind them if it wasn't for Maho.

Right. Maho. I snapped my attention back to her and thought, Revenge!. I'm hardly vain about my hair but Maho seems to have this strange fixation - almost as strange as mine with hers' - with it and so I shook my head as I stood up. My hair was conveniently hanging loose today and I'm sure some of it got in her face. Giving her a sweet smile, I lightly ran my fingers down her arm and tugged at her wrist as I stepped towards the door. All with the pretense of leading her out, of course.

"Alright, then," I said, conceding and giving her a real smile, "Have it your way, Maho-hime. Shall we?"

05.29.2009, 08:00 PM hikari is offline   Profile for hikari Add hikari to your buddy list
yoshiko
Kodama

I kept smiling until he turned away and bought the food. You're so boring! I hope your friend is a bit more fun...

quote:
"So... Shall we go?"
"Good idea," I said, not at all as perky as before. A mischievous tone crept back into my voice as I remembered where the other boy was meeting us. "Behind the bike sheds, right? Do you bring girls there often?"

Not waiting for an answer, I leaned closer and plucked a curry from his hands. "Thank you Icchan-kuuun~!" Then I spun round and led the way outside. "Keep up!"

05.30.2009, 05:00 AM yoshiko is offline   Profile for yoshiko Add yoshiko to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks