QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - [*NO SIGS!*] Isakaya High School – Role-Play Only, Thread #7
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions [*NO SIGS!*] Isakaya High School – Role-Play Only, Thread #7 Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3  4  5  ...    »  ]
NON-PLAYER CHARACTER
Calcifer

Registration Date: 09.24.07
  [*NO SIGS!*] Isakaya High School – Role-Play Only, Thread #7Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by NON-PLAYER CHARACTER Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

DAY FIFTEEN – THURSDAY – 19 APRIL 2007 – “WHEN THINGS GO WRONG.”

NARRATOR

The following days were quiet and unremarkable. The weather continued mild and breezy, though with a few short showers, the wind picking up to strong gusty levels towards the end of the week. On Thursday several friends from 1A had agreed to go after school down to Hino for what was being talked about as the "Sendo-san Visit".

It was morning on that Thursday. The students of 1A had arrived in homeroom and the second bell had just rung for the start of morning classes.

Post last edited by NON-PLAYER CHARACTER on 03.28.2009, 04:01 AM.

03.27.2009, 06:39 AM NON-PLAYER CHARACTER is offline   Profile for NON-PLAYER CHARACTER Add NON-PLAYER CHARACTER to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I arrived into school on time, with a few minutes to spare in fact, and made my way through the noisy corridors to 1-A. Strolling in and saying some hellos to a some people I made my way to the row next to the window and sat down, turning in my seat to greet a few others.

I relaxed and leaned back, pushing the chair back on two legs. For some unaccountable reason I was in a great mood this morning. Must be the weekend approaching.

Must be.

I thought about that and smiled to myself. Going to her house. Going to meet mum and dad.

03.29.2009, 04:07 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

When I woke up this morning, it came to my sudden realization that this year's Showa Day, April 20th, the only public holiday this month, will be on a Sunday.

I suddenly felt like skipping morning's archery.

I dragged myself out of bed, dragged myself into my uniform, and dragged myself out of the door. Seems like today, I was about to be doing a whole lot of dragging if my mood does not pick up any time soon.

I did my usual routine, made a note to hunt down Kazami-sensei later (she still had not gotten back to me for a while), and dragged open the class door.

"Ooooosu~~" I said lazily to no one in particular.

04.03.2009, 11:55 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Maho_Fushida
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Maho_Fushida Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I had springs in my shoes today. A lovely mood, I was positively floating. I breezed into school, smiling at people, changed shoes and went up to 1-A positively looking forward to the day.

I strode on in and waved to Icchan who I had seen turn in from the corridor ahead of me. he was making his way to his seat. I sat in mine and in a cloud of euphoria waited for the day to be even more wonderful.

Sadoru had arrived and I gave a silly little wave to him.

04.09.2009, 03:18 AM Maho_Fushida is offline   Profile for Maho_Fushida Add Maho_Fushida to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This morning was pleasant. Having woken up early, I took my time getting ready and yet I still managed to get to class earlier than usual. There weren't very many people in, I noticed. Sadoru-san was in his seat and I waved at him. Fushida-san was also in her seat so I turned my smile on her before making my way down the aisle to my desk. They're both looking happy today, I thought to myself.

On the way, I paused at Icchan's desk and said hello.

04.09.2009, 12:23 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"Osu, Tanaka," I replied with a tired smile. "Pretty as always, eh?"

Wait, what?! Why the hell did I just said that?

My smile drooped as the realization sank in.

04.09.2009, 11:36 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I waved to Tanaka as she came in.

She looks OK... wonder how she's getting on with... things...?

My eye then caught a very playful wave from Fushida-san.

Oh? You've a particular love of Thursdays or something?

The wave and the look were very unlike her. I thought back a few weeks and realised she'd changed. She used to be so cold and distant, now she was smiling and waving around.

Isakaya seemed to have interesting effects on everyone.

I sat back and waited for the second bell to go. Any minute now.

04.10.2009, 04:28 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
"Osu, Tanaka. Pretty as always, eh?"

I froze, mid-smile, wondering if this was another joke. His face said otherwise and it would have been funny to watch his 'why did I just say that?' expression if I had been expecting what he'd said - at all. From Ren-kun, maybe. But Icchan? That was more than a little weird.

Either way, it's not as if he was being rude so I laughed, if a bit forcefully, and said, "I see you're funny as always."

With that odd little moment behind us, I tried to relax and added, "And how are you otherwise?"

04.12.2009, 08:23 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
NON-PLAYER CHARACTER
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by NON-PLAYER CHARACTER Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

AKURI-SENSEI

I was half way to class when the second bell sounded and the noise of its chimes and the skittering of kids' feet down corridors had only just faded away when I slid open the door with a firm shwupp!-clunk! and allowed my frame to fill 1-A's doorway. I glanced at the young lady stood on her own outside the room.

"You must be the 1-B girl. Wait there. I will call you shortly."

I strode in, sliding the door closed behind me.

"Good morning class. Be seated. Be quiet."

I waited for people to go to their desks. I looked around the room scowling at the usual suspects. Not looking down I opened the register, "Respond to your names..." I began calling out family names, still not once looking at the register on my desk but flicking my eyes to each face as I called the name. We had a couple of absences. I'd red 'X' them in the book later.

"Tsugara-san, you may make any Student Council announcements."

The boy came to the front desk and mentioned a couple of items, one about some upcoming tests and one about a school trip to Kyoto in May for which people should register their interest by signing the forms pinned up on the main notice board in the locker area at main entrance. He nodded to me and returned to his desk.

"Good. Now, class, I have one more special announcement to make. We have someone joining us." Returning to the door I slid it open and stuck my head round, "Enter!" I barked at the girl.

I held the door open as she came in and I pointed at the spot on the floor beside my desk, "There."

Going back to my desk I sat and took a few minutes to ink in the register, selecting green and red pens and applying ticks or 'X's as necessary, all the while letting the class stew in silence and the new girl stand there in front of them all. When I was done I glanced at her, then at the students.

"We have a new student joining us from today. She is transferring from class 1-B." I gestured to her with a hand, "You may introduce yourself to us all, then find an empty seat."

04.13.2009, 09:30 AM NON-PLAYER CHARACTER is offline   Profile for NON-PLAYER CHARACTER Add NON-PLAYER CHARACTER to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I hurried into school, i'd woken up far later than usual and it was taking a toll on the pace of my morning. Skidding down the corridor, I let out a squeak of terror as I passed classrooms full of teachers taking register. I must be later than I thought!

I came to a sudden stop before my classroom, please not be there, please not be there, please not be there... I slammed the door open a little harder than I meant to.

I turned bright red under his angry glare, he was there.

"Sorry sensei!" I yelped, running my hands through my wild, messy hair in an attempt to look a little more orderly.

I scurried to my seat, my cheeks flaming and my eyes downcast, not wanting to catch anybody's eye. Akuri seemed to choose to ignore my being late and carried on with what he was saying.

Post last edited by Nausicaa_Cat on 04.13.2009, 09:42 AM.

04.13.2009, 09:31 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The difficult thing with living quite close to the school is that you don't have trains or buses to make sure you're on time. And so there I was, breaking into a run near the top of the street, praying I wouldn't incur the wrath of Akuri-sensei.

Still in a rush, I entered the school building. There were a few teachers wandering about, heading for their classes. Just in time... unless everyone's favourite teacher came in early to keep you on your toes!

As I turned the corner and walked towards Class 1-A, I saw Akuri-sensei advancing from the other end. I suppressed a victorious smile and slipped in through the open door at the back of the room, spotting a girl I hadn't seen before, waiting by the other door. By the time the teacher had burst in with all the grace and subtely of a redwood tree landing on a shrew, I was in my seat.

04.13.2009, 09:50 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Crap, crap, crap, crap...! I rushed through the corridor, almost knocking someone over as I raced to homeroom. Why me? I stopped outside the door to catch my breath for a moment, before opening the door as gently and silently as possible. He was halfway through registration. A few more seconds and I'd have been marked absent. I responded as he called my name and then collapsed in my chair, my nerves thoroughly frazzled. Chi's impromptu arrival about half a minute later gave me a little bit of relief. Poor girl, she looked so embarrassed and she sat down at her place beside me. "Hey," I whispered, "daijobu." I sat back in my chair, and watched with interest as Akuri-sensei made an announcement and an introduction.

04.13.2009, 09:56 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

She laughed, and I laughed.

Q: What do you call a laugh with overly glaring eyes and a worried frown?

quote:
"I see you're funny as always."
I laughed again in the same manner.

A: Awkward.

quote:
"And how are you otherwise?"
I paused.

"Eeeh... feeling stupid?" I offered weakly.

Thankfully (if that was at all possible), Akuri-sensei came in very soon after. I waved as Tanaka left, with no idea why I was even waving.

And dropped my head on the table with a resounding clunk, hand suspended in midair.

04.13.2009, 10:46 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
yoshiko
Kodama

Registration Date: 11.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by yoshiko Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I felt pretty good walking into school, knowing I was in a different class. I hope these ones are more... attractive, I thought, smiling to myself a little mischievously.

Not really sure what was happening, I went straight to Class 1-A. There was a clock on the wall, showing that the bell would go soon. I leaned against the door for a moment, but then the teacher came crashing along the corridor. I'd seen him before and he didn't seem like the nicest of people...

quote:
"You must be the 1-B girl. Wait there. I will call you shortly."
I nodded and got out of his way. I peered into the room and saw some people had only just arrived. They all looked quite scared of the teacher. Uh-oh.

I was distracted by a squeal, followed by the sound of somebody running up the corridor. I looked and saw a short girl with messy dark hair coming to a halt at 1-A. "Hi?" I said. I must've been too quiet, as she didn't answer, more focused on trying to hold on to her bag as she ran into the class.

The door slid open violently while I was still staring at where the strange girl had been. I leapt back as a rather ugly head poked out.

quote:
"Enter!"
I followed the scary teacher and stood next to his desk as instructed. Glancing around the classroom, I spotted a few good-looking faces and prepared my best shy appearance. The silence was quite daunting, so I stayed quiet for a while until the teacher, whose name I still didn't know... spoke up again.

quote:
"We have a new student joining us from today. She is transferring from class 1-B. You may introduce yourself to us all, then find an empty seat."
Keeping up a bookish sort of look, I toyed with the zip on my bag and let my hair fall over my face a bit. Then I looked up with my sweetest smile and started to talk.

"Hi, my name is Miyamoto Yoshiko. I was in 1-B for a while because of some mistake with test results, or something like that. Anyway, now it's been sorted, so I'm here instead. And I don't really know what else to say about myself! I just hope I'll fit in okay!" I returned to my zip and looked at the teacher, who didn't respond, so I went to find a desk instead.

I saw two empty seats in the back corner, near the door. Most of the others were occupied. I walked past the girl who was late and a few other people, heading for the desk next to the wall. At the desk right in the corner a cute guy looked at up me. He gave me a cheeky smile and I rolled my eyes. Ugh, too easy, I thought, and went for another desk instead.

Here I saw another boy (There are so many to choose from!) who was a lot less sure of himself. I put my bag down on the floor next to my new desk and turned my back to him. After bending down to get my class things out, I shoved my bag under the desk and sat down.

"I think I'll like it here," I whispered under my breath.

04.13.2009, 11:35 AM yoshiko is offline   Profile for yoshiko Add yoshiko to your buddy list
Maho_Fushida
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Maho_Fushida Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Akuri-Sensei arrived and did his thing like a soldier with the authority of martial law. I merely looked at him with as dead-pan an expression as I could muster; do nothing, show no emotion, give him no reason to pick on you.

Then a new girl was introduced to the class, moving in from next door. She seemed alright, a bit unsure but then who wouldn't be.

She took a few minutes to find a desk but went out of sight behind me and I didn't look round to find out where she had settled though it sounded like she was near Mai.

I waited for homeroom to start.

04.14.2009, 04:56 AM Maho_Fushida is offline   Profile for Maho_Fushida Add Maho_Fushida to your buddy list
natsuba
Ohmu

Registration Date: 10.22.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by natsuba Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I had come into school quietly that morning, moving quickly, head down, just blocking my mind to all the chatter and loudness inside people's heads that wouldn't stop and shut up.

It was getting worse and I couldn't make it go away. A slight headache began to come on. I sat down and hugged my bag against my front and stared at my desk very aware of Takeo's desk in front of me.

I didn't dare look in his direction.

I stayed still and quiet as a mouse and thankfully no-one spoke to me. I looked round furtively and tried not to catch anyone's eye.

When the new student came in and introduced herself I looked up and smiled at her a little. She looked pleasant enough and I wondered if she would like to make a friend... though... she wouldn't want a nutter like me...

I waited for classes to start hoping the day would zoom by and I could get home again.

04.18.2009, 01:10 PM natsuba is offline   Profile for natsuba Add natsuba to your buddy list Send an Email to natsuba
NON-PLAYER CHARACTER
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by NON-PLAYER CHARACTER Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

NARRATOR

Registration was followed by homeroom study period, then morning classes. Before the students were hardly aware, the morning had flown by and the bell rang for lunch.

Physics was the last class before lunch, held in the science lab at the gymnasium end of the ground floor of the second wing.

The Sensei dismissed 1-A and the students began to collect their bags and books and things...

04.18.2009, 04:01 PM NON-PLAYER CHARACTER is offline   Profile for NON-PLAYER CHARACTER Add NON-PLAYER CHARACTER to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Today is a stupid day.

Whoever made our timetable, I don't blame them. But going down for PE, coming back up for English, then down again for physics?

Oh wait, and up again, because I forgot to bring down my lunch. Not that it would matter, who in their right mind would eat lunch with the physics books still under their arms?

I spotted Tanaka and walked towards her-

"I see you're funny as always."

- and did a U-turn for the nearest familiar face, Sadoru.

"Yo," I called out to him. "I don't feel like going up and down for the third time today, so I'm thinking the cafeteria, which does not require stairs to access, is my next destination. You want anything?"

04.21.2009, 09:44 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
"Yo, I don't feel like going up and down for the third time today, so I'm thinking the cafeteria, which does not require stairs to access, is my next destination. You want anything?"
"Hi." I looked up from packing things away. Physics. Yech. It had started out as a great morning but classes had a way of denting your enthusiasm somewhat.

"My lunch is up in 1-A but if you want some company I'll go get it and meet you over there."

I finished stuffing my bag and stood up, turning towards the door, "Wanna invite anyone else?"

I leaned back to him conspiratorially and lowered my voice, "The new girl, maybe. Looks a cute one."

Post last edited by Saddletank on 04.21.2009, 05:06 PM.

04.21.2009, 05:05 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
"My lunch is up in 1-A but if you want some company I'll go get it and meet you over there."
"No, I don't think I want to eat there, it's too noisy. Pick somewhere else."

quote:
"Wanna invite anyone else? The new girl, maybe. Looks a cute one."
I turned my head at... um... what's her name? Ah well, Cute Girl for now then, until we get properly acquainted.

"For me or for you? If you, I'll go. If me, you go."

04.24.2009, 04:24 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
[  1  2  3  4  5  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks