QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - If You Think You Can Take Good Pictures
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » If You Think You Can Take Good Pictures » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  ...    »  ]
oldwrench
Warawara

Registration Date: 02.23.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by oldwrench Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I use clickable thumbnails, so click to see the big picture.

Ramsey Park in Redwood Falls Minnesota.

early spring on the paths

Bloodroot flowers, some of the first to bloom in the spring

A favorite place to eat lunch, and have coffee.

This is my shop, for the last 33 years I've been fixing anything with wheels in here.

and my home

05.21.2009, 09:56 PM oldwrench is offline   Profile for oldwrench Add oldwrench to your buddy list YIM Screenname: oldwrench2000
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

the basket you keep the extra, left-over parts in...

I, too, am a mechanic, keeping the fleet running to the best of my ability. All major work gets shopped out because of lack of work place equipment. In all, I have over 25 trucks and about the same in trailers, plus the three forklifts here and one in Sacto where the rest of the fleet is. My company makes glass doors and windoews for new construction and obviously, business has dropped so the fleet has been cut way back. Still have ithem all, just non-op'd over half. regardless, i am the only vehicle mechanic in the company so i keep busy...As well as doing other things...

sorry, off topic...

Nice pics, that part of the country is always green (or white, lol)... Stationed at the navy base in GreatLakes near Chicago for over a year in 64-65...

I'll have to post some of the pics from my area... a lot of browns even in the Spring... already been up to 99 F...

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.21.2009, 11:41 PM.

05.21.2009, 11:36 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
oldwrench
Warawara

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by oldwrench Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Chicago..... In 64-65 I was living in Stevensville MI, about 80 miles around the lake from Chicago.

This is the view about a block west of my shop, looking NW. Fairfax may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here.

This is the falls at Ramsey Park, it's a very hilly park around the Redwood River and Ramsey Creek. nice paved walking paths.

My wife and I at our youngest daughters wedding, last fall. ....... We're the two old people on the right.

05.22.2009, 04:38 PM oldwrench is offline   Profile for oldwrench Add oldwrench to your buddy list YIM Screenname: oldwrench2000
oldwrench
Warawara

A few picture from our trip to Peru.

Lima, the capital city. I was surprised how clean and beautiful it is. Lima is on the ocean, but is in a desert area. There were a lot of shanty town areas in the desert sand on the outskirts of Lima.

Some pre Inca art, either the Nazca or Moche people.

05.29.2009, 05:20 PM oldwrench is offline   Profile for oldwrench Add oldwrench to your buddy list YIM Screenname: oldwrench2000
oldwrench
Warawara

The outskirts of Iquitos Peru, the largest Peruvian city on the Amazon, 500,000 people and the only way in is by boat or airplane. No roads in or out.

Our transportation in Iquitos.

The lodges in the jungle, no electricity, no hot water, outhouse toilets. But great food and a wonderful time.

Our room, Mosquito nets on the beds, The window is open to the jungle, and the walls don't go up to the roof, we had birds fly in. The only part I didn't like were the cold showers.

Yup, that is the only way to get anywhere in the area, boats.

Petey, one of the friendy locals.

05.29.2009, 05:40 PM oldwrench is offline   Profile for oldwrench Add oldwrench to your buddy list YIM Screenname: oldwrench2000
oldwrench
Warawara

Life along the river, a local homestead, doing laundry, the rum bar, and another local resident, a friendly Capybara.

A village of the river people, the school kids sang songs for us, I recorded them on my video camera, then rewound it and played it for them, they looked at the little screen with big eyes, crowding to see the picture and hear the sound. The guide told us the kids probably had never seen a video before.

The local gas station.

05.29.2009, 06:01 PM oldwrench is offline   Profile for oldwrench Add oldwrench to your buddy list YIM Screenname: oldwrench2000
jigsaw jr.
Kodama

Registration Date: 09.14.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jigsaw jr. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hi,
oldwrench you have some good landscaping pics.

06.14.2009, 02:46 AM jigsaw jr. is offline   Profile for jigsaw jr. Add jigsaw jr. to your buddy list Send an Email to jigsaw jr. Add jigsaw jr. to your contact list
jigsaw jr.
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jigsaw jr. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hi,
JRR has really nice beach pics photos, the cloud shadows add an effact that is rather theatrical.

06.14.2009, 02:49 AM jigsaw jr. is offline   Profile for jigsaw jr. Add jigsaw jr. to your buddy list Send an Email to jigsaw jr. Add jigsaw jr. to your contact list
jigsaw jr.
Kodama

hi,
.. Ayami .. i really liked the history that you tagged along with the pic, it adds character to it really well, so too does the floating effect from the sky matching as so well with the ocean on the horizon.

06.14.2009, 02:53 AM jigsaw jr. is offline   Profile for jigsaw jr. Add jigsaw jr. to your buddy list Send an Email to jigsaw jr. Add jigsaw jr. to your contact list
jigsaw jr.
Kodama

hi,
husky51 you might want to roll the window down the next time that you take a picture of scenery at twilight to get rid of the fogging and the fuzz.

06.14.2009, 02:58 AM jigsaw jr. is offline   Profile for jigsaw jr. Add jigsaw jr. to your buddy list Send an Email to jigsaw jr. Add jigsaw jr. to your contact list
jigsaw jr.
Kodama

hi,
husky51 you have a very good horizon and good timing to catch that mountain moved cloud.

06.14.2009, 03:00 AM jigsaw jr. is offline   Profile for jigsaw jr. Add jigsaw jr. to your buddy list Send an Email to jigsaw jr. Add jigsaw jr. to your contact list
jigsaw jr.
Kodama

hi,
matthew you seem to have too much human interference and light polution in your photo. the mountains and coloring are quiet beautiful.

06.14.2009, 03:02 AM jigsaw jr. is offline   Profile for jigsaw jr. Add jigsaw jr. to your buddy list Send an Email to jigsaw jr. Add jigsaw jr. to your contact list
jigsaw jr.
Kodama

hi,
Nausicaa_Cat that in the background looks really nostalgic and serine, but the flowers and persons in the front make the eye move to there. and the confused friend makes it look quiet comical and humorous.

06.14.2009, 03:06 AM jigsaw jr. is offline   Profile for jigsaw jr. Add jigsaw jr. to your buddy list Send an Email to jigsaw jr. Add jigsaw jr. to your contact list
jigsaw jr.
Kodama

hi,
oldwrench you really love your camera don't you. you have pictures that look the part they are supposed to and many of them.
very nice

06.14.2009, 03:08 AM jigsaw jr. is offline   Profile for jigsaw jr. Add jigsaw jr. to your buddy list Send an Email to jigsaw jr. Add jigsaw jr. to your contact list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You probably don't need to post that many times in a row.

06.14.2009, 08:11 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

O_O Indeed not.

My Anime List

06.14.2009, 08:17 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

jigsaw...

welcome to the Tavern, but too many posts in a row...

to say something to diff ppl in the same post, just do this

@jigsaw...
then say what you are going to say, then go to the next,
maybe separating with a line
-----------------------
@Husky...

etc...

06.14.2009, 03:58 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

sorry for the double...

'Death by Chocolate' made by Husky's son....

This fruit compote bowl holds one fudge brownie mix, 2 jello chocolate pudding mixes, three 8 oz bowls of cool whip, and 10 Skor bars (chocolate/caramel)...

the recipe that I found over 10 yrs ago said that it was enough to 'serve 24 or one avid chocoholic'

Post last edited by husky51 on 06.14.2009, 09:31 PM.

06.14.2009, 09:31 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
..Ayami..
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.05.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ..Ayami.. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Can I have some? It's looks so nice. Reminds me of an ice cream/chocolate/fudge/caramel type dessert I had a few months back, but it wasn't as big as that

06.15.2009, 11:24 AM ..Ayami.. is offline   Profile for ..Ayami.. Add ..Ayami.. to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

There are either absolutely MASSIVE chocolate wafers in that thing or a couple of framed pictures on the wall were uncannily in the exact right position.

Hi jigsaw jr. and ummm, yeah. Try using the "edit post" button, 'kay?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

06.15.2009, 04:39 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks