QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Most romantic song?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Most romantic song? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Most romantic song?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was just listening to Aerosmith - I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing and I think it may be the most romantic song in my mind there is

I was just wondering whats everybody elses 'most romantic song'?

i dont want to close my eyes,
I dont want to fall asleep,
'cos I miss you babe and I dont want to miss a thing.

:'D

05.09.2009, 06:24 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ah, that is a real tough one...

Far Away by Nickelback has always stuck in my mind as being very romantic and full of feeling.

I wanted
I wanted you to stay
'Cause I needed
I need to hear you say
"I love you
And I have loved you all along
And I forgive you
For bein' away for far too long
So keep breathin' 'cause I'm not leavin' you anymore
Believe it, hold onto me and never let me go"

My Anime List

05.09.2009, 06:54 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Awww yeah Kaz I love that song :') I guy once sent that to me, and said it always made him think of me. It was a very gooey, lovey dovey moment

05.09.2009, 07:01 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
DreamSequencer
Warawara

Registration Date: 04.22.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by DreamSequencer Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Mr Bombastic is THE romantic song. No compromise.

05.10.2009, 01:26 AM DreamSequencer is offline   Profile for DreamSequencer Add DreamSequencer to your buddy list Homepage of DreamSequencer
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Take It With Me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oGVDLcpXQ8

Easily my favorite love song of all time. Has anything more beautiful been written?

05.10.2009, 01:41 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm more a fan of Fly Me to the Moon, Dream a Little Dream and Killing Me Softly, but then I love jazz.

Then there's How Do I Live Without You, All For Love, and excuse me for saying this, but I'd say Disney's Beauty and the Beast would also rank amongst one of the best romantic songs (or at least Peabo Bryson's version was).

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

05.10.2009, 09:13 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm a pretty huge fan of "Dream a Little Dream." The Louis Armstrong version, at least. There a ton of great jazz love songs, but for some reason names are avoiding me.

Another great Tom Waits love song, You Can Never Hold Back Spring:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgeZEdbv_m8

05.10.2009, 12:57 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have loved so many different love songs or songs about love over the years that I just cannot pick one that means the most to me...

some:
Blue, Blue My World is Blue- Paul Mauriat
Top of the World- Carpenters
Jean- as written and sung by Rod McKuen
Watching Bobby Grow...

So many, many others is all genres of music form... Some are even better instrumentally after hearing them with lyrics...

05.11.2009, 01:02 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Nausicaa_Cat
Awww yeah Kaz I love that song :') I guy once sent that to me, and said it always made him think of me. It was a very gooey, lovey dovey moment

Wow.. you're lucky. ^^'

Hm, First Love by Hikaru Utada is veeery romantic. I think Roar posted a link to it here some time ago, for the RPG... when Icchan was dancing with Na-chan at the party? Yeah. It's nice. ^^

My Anime List

05.11.2009, 09:34 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm flattered Right now though, I'm in love with the Bleach movie's ending song "Sen no Yoru wo Koete", or at least this one line:

Suki na hito ni suki tte tsutaeru nda (I can say "I love you" to the person I love)

Also, just remembered this song from an old movie. Remember Casper?

Remember Me This Way - Jordan Hill

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

05.11.2009, 11:32 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Of the songs listed above and the many others that I know, I have to say the this one, 'Jean' as sung by Rod McKuen has to be my fav...

Jean
(Rod McKuen)

Jean, Jean, roses are red
All the leaves have gone green
And the clouds are so low
You can touch them, and so
Come out to the meadow, Jean

Jean, Jean, you're young and alive
Come out of your half-dreamed dream
And run, if you will, to the top of the hill
Open your arms, bonnie Jean

Till the sheep in the valley come home my way
Till the stars fall around me and find me alone
When the sun comes a-singin' I'll still be waitin'

For Jean, Jean, roses are red
And all of the leaves have gone green
While the hills are ablaze with the moon's yellow haze
Come into my arms, bonnie Jean

(Jean, Jean)
Jean, you're young and alive!!
Come out of your half-dreamed dream
And run, if you will to the top of the hill
Come into my arms, bonnie Jean

Jean

05.13.2009, 05:14 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Orphic Okapi
Baron

No one else a fan of Take It With Me? I provided a youtube link and everything . . .

The atmosphere of the song is incredible. The opening piano wraps snugly around you like a warm blanket, and the rest of the song is just rocking slowly by the fireplace with the one you love, that ancient voice lulling you to sleep. No other song makes me feel so tangibly. You can feel the years of pain and joy in his voice; no one but Tom could deliver the song so emotively. The lyrics aren't just a string of cliches either; he's making a very beautiful point. They always say "you can't take it with you" but he's saying, why can't I? I'm going to take all of this with me when I go.

Wow, I love this song.

EDIT: Husky, I found "Jean" on YouTube and you are very right, it's a beautiful song. Lovely melody, great lyrics and vocals. I'm surprised I've never heard of Rod McKuen before; I'll have to check him out.

Post last edited by Orphic Okapi on 05.13.2009, 08:45 PM.

05.13.2009, 08:40 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Orphic Okapi

EDIT: Husky, I found "Jean" on YouTube and you are very right, it's a beautiful song. Lovely melody, great lyrics and vocals. I'm surprised I've never heard of Rod McKuen before; I'll have to check him out.

Unless I'm mistaken, I believe that he actually wrote the song...

I love the 'gravelly?' voice of his as he sings it...
I think that Rod Stewart also covered it... I'll go look...I can't find a Rod Stewart version...
----------------------------------------
As for the Tom Waits song, the first one "Take it With Me" I don't know if it is my hearing, but I have a hard time making out his words... As I was a gunner in the Navy, this is a strong possibility... I heard the second one a bit better... I liked the lyrics, but the vocal was not my cup of tea...

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.13.2009, 10:13 PM.

05.13.2009, 09:21 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Oh, so Rod McKuen can be gravelly but Tom can't? Tom Waits invented gravelly.

No, I understand completely. His voice is certainly not everyone's cup of tea (and it's actually pretty restrained in these two particular songs; he can occasionally sound like a demented Cookie Monster). But he's my favorite person ever, so I'm biased.

Lyrics for Take It With Me:

Phone's off the hook.
No one knows where we are.
It's a long time since I drank champagne.
The ocean is blue, as blue as your eyes.
I'm gonna take it with me
When I go.

Old long since gone,
And now way back when,
We lived in Coney Island.
There ain't no good thing ever dies.
When I go.

Far far away, a train whistle blows.
Wherever you're going, wherever you've been.
Waving goodbye at the end of the day.
You're up and you're over, and you're far away.

Always for you,
And forever yours.
It felt just like the old days.
We fell asleep on Beulah's porch.
I'm gonna take with me
When I go.

All broken down
By the side of the road.
I was never more alive or alone.
I've worn the faces off the all the cards.
I'm gonna take with me
When I go.

Children are playing at the end of the day.
Strangers are singing on our lawn.
It's got to be more than flesh and bone.
All that you've loved is all you own.

In a land there's a town
And in that town there's a house
And in that house there's a woman
And in that woman there's a heart I love.
When I go.

When I go.

Post last edited by Orphic Okapi on 05.13.2009, 10:53 PM.

05.13.2009, 10:47 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Yeah, i can believe that he invented gravelly, lol....

Good lyrics, good sentiment... I did pick up some of it, like the champagne and Coney island.... but most of the rest, I lost the thread of the words...

I still think that Stewart made a cut of it, because his voice would fit... I'll have to look further, nothing on Youtube that I could find, tho...

05.13.2009, 11:10 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Orphic Okapi
Baron

"Engine Driver" by the Decemberists:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBL4Ofh-N...feature=related

05.16.2009, 12:55 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Shawn
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Shawn Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Does it have to have lyrics?
If not then it's This.
It's not "romantic" so to speak but it makes you think about alot of things. This song can only be found on the PC version of Oblivion.

05.16.2009, 07:46 PM Shawn is offline   Profile for Shawn Add Shawn to your buddy list
ja
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.14.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ja Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sting - "Until"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oatHRtcG-uA

Why so much stress?
Don't you have gains to get?
We all do, even you!
And the more you seek
The more you find, then
Love, night and rain - life is good
So try to luck and kill the pain
Tell me, do you always think you have no worth?
Find it in yourself!

05.24.2011, 11:19 AM ja is offline   Profile for ja Add ja to your buddy list
Takuto
Calcifer

Registration Date: 03.15.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Takuto Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Rain Song - Led Zeppelin. For sure.

It is the springtime of my loving - the second season I am to know
You are the sunlight in my growing - so little warmth I've felt before.
It isn't hard to feel me glowing - I watched the fire that grew so low.

It is the summer of my smiles - flee from me, Keepers of the Gloom
Speak to me only with your eyes. It is to you I give this tune.
Ain't so hard to recognize - These things are clear to all from time to time

Talk, talk, talk, talk... I've felt the coldness of my winter
I never thought you would ever go. I cursed the gloom that set upon us...
But I know that I love you so

These are the seasons of emotion and like the winds they rise and fall
This is the wonder of devotion - I seek the torch we all must hold.
This is the mystery of the quotient - Upon us all a little rain must fall...It's just a little rain...

05.28.2011, 02:18 AM Takuto is offline   Profile for Takuto Add Takuto to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

nude - radio head

05.29.2011, 03:02 AM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks