QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu - Season 2
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu - Season 2 » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4    »  ]
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wait, so does that mean that there's no new episode this week?

Sad day...

05.31.2009, 02:01 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's right. It's a season two but not as we know it. They are re-airing all of season one but now in chronological order and the chapters from the visual novels that were skipped by season one are being slotted in as new episodes. So the next new material won't be aired until 18th June and the last new material won't be seen until September.

Trust KyoAni to do things differently

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.31.2009, 04:57 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just gets better and better, doesn't it? Lol, and all that past argument between chronological order believers and purists, and KyoAni decides to support the former.

Well, I ain't complaining. While I can't remember The Sigh, I vaguely remember Endless Eight, and I so DEFINITELY remember The Vanishment.

Why? Nagato as a normal schoolgirl! Think a normal Ayanami, you get the idea.

EDIT: I looked over Baka-Tsuki's title list, and figured out the storylines. And wow, are my predictions ever so true. SPOILERS AHEAD for those who want to be entertained. Just mild spoilers, to prick your interest.

Spoiler!, highlight to read.

Endless Eight: Basically, the endless summer arc. I forgot that the titles referred to the last eight days of the summer holidays.

The Sigh of SH: Another bull's eye. This one covers the whole school festival i.e. the entire filming of their, um, indie film.

The Vanishment of SH: You got a clue up there, but as the title suggests, it's a series where Kyon wakes up to find that Haruhi never enrolled to East High (she still exists, ha ha). It's a "What If" series, if you will.

Charmed at First Sight Lover: I'm guessing KyoAni picked this for humour's sake, because that's what it is. Surprise surprise, the main character for this story isn't Haruhi, who takes a more (sorta) backseat position this time.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

05.31.2009, 05:46 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The out of sequence stories was a good idea though, you have to admit it. It drew in lots of interest and made the series even more unusual and caused so much talking on internet forums and in classrooms (I'm guessing) that it must have made the series even more popular than it otherwise would have been.

Arguments between the fans of the visual novels and those who had only seen the TV show probably boosted sales of the novels too.

Call it a gimmick if you want but it was a damn good gimmick and very original. No-one studio or TV company can do it again.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.31.2009, 05:55 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Season 2 needs a new take on the characters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHy4n3RWqjk

06.09.2009, 08:39 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

WHAT THE HELL MAN!!!!!

Gotta admit though, sometimes you wonder about Itsuki's, um, "attachment" to Kyon I saw a clip I didn't recognize though, it was one where Haruhi dragged Kyon in the hallway, then let him go, at dusk.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

06.09.2009, 10:11 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
twirble
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.15.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by twirble Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

There are a lot of scenes there that I either haven't seen or had forgotten; perhaps it is just out of context. They did a real good job on that one.

06.09.2009, 04:48 PM twirble is offline   Profile for twirble Add twirble to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Omg...that was really funny. I think Itsuki's pretty enough. xP

06.16.2009, 01:56 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've never seen Haruhi, but I watched that and found it funny. If there were any spoilers, I couldn't make sense of them.

06.16.2009, 04:13 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

One or two spoilers but the whole show is so jumbled up they don't really affect your viewing of it. That AMV was slanted quite opposite to the actual show anyway

You should watch it Arren, its a great series, very funny, manic, clever and heartwarming all at the same time. Nice animation and cute character designs too.

I'm still looking for a DVD box set of series one.

06.16.2009, 04:22 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes yes yes, I intend to. And isn't the boxset out yet? I know they were releasing it in volumes, and that was a while ago now...

Edit: I've since Googled it and found nothing. Not even news of when one might be released, which is quite odd.

Post last edited by arren18 on 06.16.2009, 04:26 AM.

06.16.2009, 04:23 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Mmm, yes, the absence of one is annoying. I would have expected the marketing men to have put a series one set out with the new airing of the show with the new material.

06.16.2009, 04:28 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Somehow the absence of a box set is not surprising and feels really Haruhi-ish.

06.17.2009, 04:33 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Well the next episode should be aired tomorrow and no doubt the fansubbed torrents will be available about 4 hours afterwards!

06.17.2009, 03:09 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Which would be roughly 13 hrs after this post, knowing the timings of anime in Japan. Plus it's Friday, so KyoAni's got a pretty damn good slot, even if it's past midnight.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

06.18.2009, 10:47 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Double post.

Because episode 12 was a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT!!!!!

That is all. *bows*

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

06.20.2009, 01:54 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
Double post.

Because episode 12 was a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT!!!!!

That is all. *bows*

That seemed pretty cut and dry eh? I still havent watched the first of the new eps. Im savouring them, kinda like how it might take me an extra week to watch the finale of K-On! cause I really dont want that series to end.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

06.20.2009, 07:54 AM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Yeah well, maybe "huge disappointment" was a bit of an exaggeration. The episiode was okay in its own way I guess. It's just that in the novel, a lot more happened, with a much deeper meaning. This one was more like the ep "Some Day in the Rain".

Guess when you already know what's going to happen, you begin to expect too much.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

06.20.2009, 10:16 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I know I said I would wait until the series was over but that is September and I was curious as to why Roar was so unhappy with the second episode. So I watched both eps.

I loved the first one. It was cute and clever and funny and upheld all the fun things Haruhi is rightly famous for.

The second ep I hated. And I wasn't expecting much. It felt overlong, was boring and seemed pointless. What was meant to happen Roar? (PM me or use spoiler tags if you want).

Did I miss something? If so I hope people can please explain.

06.24.2009, 07:04 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

So I guess "huge disappointment" was an appropriate term then?

HUGE SPOILERS!!! Except for those who already saw the 2nd ep... or read the novels, like me.

Spoiler!, highlight to read.

"Endless Eight" (anime) is, in a way, pretty accurate with the novels. The problem was that the scriptwriters left out the MAIN plot, which was basically the reason the story was called Endless Eight.

You see, those two weeks were suppose to repeat itself. Again and again. Thus, ENDLESS.

For the record, here are a few... records. Copy&Paste-d, lol. And starting with my favourite.

quote:
"Uuu... Lemme think... I have continued to use classified information to contact the future or to do classified information... Urr. I only feel something is wrong when I have had no contact from classified information for a week. And then classified information... Makes me very worried, so I tried to use classified information and the answer was classified information... Uuu... Waa! Whatever should I do..."

What to do? I have no clue. Is classified information some highly sensitive words that must be censored?
quote:
"This would be the fifteen-thousand four hundred ninety-eighth time."
quote:
"In the last fifteen-thousand four hundred ninety-seven cycles, O-bon has been omitted twice. O-bon sans goldfish catching occurred a total of four hundred thirty-seven times. The city pool has been visited without fail as of this cycle. Part-time work has been conducted a total of nine-thousand twenty-five times with six variations in the nature of the work. Other than distributing balloons, there has also been stock loading, cash register, flyer distributions, call answering, as well as a model fashion show. There have been six-thousand eleven balloon distributions, with three hundred sixty overlaps in two or more variations. Repeated iterations sorted by order of combination are-"

"That's enough, you don't have to continue."

quote:
"How many times have we discovered this?"

My sudden question seemed anticipated by Nagato, as she calmly answered:

"Eight-thousand seven-hundred sixty-nine times. Frequency of detection increases with each iteration."

"That is because of the sense of incoherence and familiarity, perhaps."

Koizumi said this matter-of-factly.

"But even in those repeating cycles, even if we discovered our situation, we still failed to remedy the situation and restore time?"

"Correct," Nagato replied.
All this happened the day before the stargazing, although the order of events in the anime is different from the novel, so it doesn't matter anyway. Point is, the event occurred because Kyon had been having Deja Vu a little too often, and finally decided to confront Nagato about it. Anyway, before they left the restaurant on that last day, Kyon finally found a method to break out of the cycle: summer homework. Basically, He persuaded (forced) everyone else besides Haruhi, who already finished hers, to his home.

Haruhi, not wanting to be left out, promptly invited herself to the study session, and thus broke free from those two weeks and finally entered the very last day of summer vacation.

And in case you were wondering, a little math:

quote:
15,498 x two weeks. The total would be 216,972 days. Eh- roughly 594 years worth of days.
I wish Nagato a long peaceful rest. *bows*

Anyway, the clue for this episode was the frog head, which can be seen in one of the episodes in the first season.

And the only way KyoAni can recover from this blunder is if the next episode is a continuation of Endless Eight, like what they did for the Closed Circle episodes.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

06.25.2009, 10:06 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
[  «    1  2  3  4    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks