QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu - Season 2
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu - Season 2 » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4    »  ]
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Saw episode three. Continuation of Endless Eight.

BLESS KYOANI!!!!!

On second thought, maybe not. The novel was good, but you know, I think there's a sadist in the team.

Why? The clue is in the title of the next episode. Oh yes, I already know what the title is gonna be.

It's "Endless Eight".

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.29.2009, 12:12 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes, very cleverly done, Ep.2 was deliberately rather dull and boring and had no apparent point to it for a reason. Those guys have discovered now that the Haruhi label is so popular they can be daring in how they present the story.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.01.2009, 04:04 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Saw ep4.

Okay, I'm starting to understand how Nagato felt after all these reloopings.

Saddle, this is just a suspicion, but are you sure those dates and episode list you put up is correct? Because if it is, and if the next few episodes is what I think it is...

Well, at least now I know why they're running it in chronological order. Endless Eight wouldn't work otherwise.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

07.09.2009, 01:39 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Haha, not seen it yet but I can guess what Ep.4 is like. Its quite daring for a TV show isn't it?

We should have reopened the Anime Club for this one.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 07.09.2009, 05:06 AM.

07.09.2009, 05:06 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

No, just a Haruhi club is fine

07.09.2009, 10:42 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

You go ahead and that. I'll open a Mikuru club.

07.09.2009, 05:26 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I've got to the end of Ep.9, so the end of 'Endless Eight'. I have to say again this was very brave of KyoAni and I enjoyed the way they made each episode a little different, different clothing different camera angle, different emphasis on each scene. At the end of the 6th repeat I had an inkling what might be the key to unlock the loops and during the 7th repeat I was convinced it lay with...

SPOILER

Kyon not doing his homework

And the final scene or two at the end of Ep.9 were really nice, it was a great buzz to see the endless time loops broken, the viewer wouldn't have had such a feelgood feeling if they had not had to sit through eight identical episodes.

Thumbs up on this one. Very clever.

And I think the artwork is getting better in this series, some of the scenes and character renditions were magical.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 08.20.2009, 05:13 PM.

08.20.2009, 05:13 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I am Brigade Chief of a Nagato Club. Calling it right now lol

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

08.20.2009, 06:08 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

She is super cool, isn't she? She can spend all of 8 episodes doing absolutely nothing and still steal the show.

08.20.2009, 08:43 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
She is super cool, isn't she? She can spend all of 8 episodes doing absolutely nothing and still steal the show.

Im not sure if that is either really impressive or kinda sad. I did kinda enjoy Endless Eight but it needed more Nagato.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

08.20.2009, 09:27 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Really? Everyone else was complaining about how it was, literally, endless. Of course, I don't expect the same people to think about how Nagato felt, but meh.

The newest ep of SH has Haruhi discussing the film-making. It's got a lot more dialogue than usual, and suddenly I felt like the superior I (or rather "we" as in everyone else in my company) hated was the one on the screen.

And somehow I felt like I can relate to poor Kyon. And Haruhi looked a lot less cute.

So I guess I'll be sticking with Nagato all the way. Now I'm really hoping to see the final ep of this season, dedicated solely to Nagato.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

08.21.2009, 12:27 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Really? There were a few times in 'Endless Eight' when I thought Haruhi was drawn really beautifully. I thought she was very pretty, moreso than the tomboyish girl we saw a lot of in the first series.

She was even sexy a few times, when she was being quiet and a bit introspective.

I've not watched Ep.10 yet, will do so tonight.

I think, despite the series title, the story is about Kyon, and yeah, he's very relatable-to.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 08.21.2009, 02:13 PM.

08.21.2009, 02:12 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Kyon is probably my favourite male lead of all the series ive seen. He always has a great wtf attitude to everything that is happening around him.

As far as the animation quality is concerned, to me it seems to have maybe taken a hit in a few spots but for the most part KyoAni outdoes themselves. I love the animation of Haruhi at the end of the last ep of Endless Eight, such anger it was awesome!

Click for Gallery^^

08.21.2009, 10:53 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

quote:
Really? There were a few times in 'Endless Eight' when I thought Haruhi was drawn really beautifully. I thought she was very pretty, moreso than the tomboyish girl we saw a lot of in the first series.
I wasn't referring to her outer beauty, actually. With that kind of loud and brash attitude, I don't think even looking like Miss Universe can save you from being unliked.

@Miy: Lol, I didn't imagine the scene to be like that when I read the novel. She was angry at Kyon's sudden domination, yes, but not to that extent. It's true though, the punchline was kinda hilarious

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

08.22.2009, 01:31 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Different personalities appeal to different people I suppose. I've found Haruhi to be fascinating and extremely likeable all the way through both series. In a way she just acts insecure and innocent when you dig deeper, I find that as appealing as her pro-activness.

I'm amazed Kyon likes Mikuru when someone as interesting as Haruhi is around too. Mikuru is physically very attractive but her personality is empty.

08.22.2009, 05:27 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

@Saddles, Mikuru maybe have an empty personality in a way, but she is a moeblob. Moeblobs are usually quite likeable due to extreme moe-ness. Typical anime archetype right there.

Click for Gallery^^

08.22.2009, 08:24 AM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Yeah, true, the moe-character is an established stereotype and has it's own appeal but given the choices Kyon has before him I still don't understand how he can keep lusting after her, especially since he knows it can't develop anywhere - the world would end if it did.

08.22.2009, 01:30 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

quote:
Yeah, true, the moe-character is an established stereotype and has it's own appeal but given the choices Kyon has before him I still don't understand how he can keep lusting after her, especially since he knows it can't develop anywhere - the world would end if it did.

Isnt that part of human nature? In most cases the thing that a person cant have is what they want the most. I doubt that is the case here, im sure we are overanalyzing this show lol. Nagato-ism ftw

Click for Gallery^^

08.22.2009, 05:12 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Come on, man. Haruhi in a bunny outfit. You know it makes sense.

08.22.2009, 10:40 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Just watched ep 12 of the new season. I think Nagato is waifu material. There was some kick butt action this time, hell, even Mikuru seemed to be pretty good in this ep.

I enjoy how Kyon can just bust out random lines that would appear to just be thoughts, but in actuality he says them out loud to decent affect. Him commenting that Nagato doesnt explain anything to a minimum level and should talk for at least 10 seconds was gold.

Click for Gallery^^

08.31.2009, 10:36 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
[  «    1  2  3  4    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks