QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu - Season 2
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Anime in General Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu - Season 2 Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3  4    »  ]
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu - Season 2Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

NEW SEASON IS OOOOOUUUUUTTTTT!!!!!11111oneoneone

*cough*

Will update when I actually watch the show Why d/l so slooooow.....

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

05.22.2009, 10:58 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The whole season? Or just a few eps so far?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.22.2009, 11:04 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Only 1st ep By the way, in case anyone still remembers the discussion about the second season put on hold, the first few seconds seem to suggest that I was right about the problems and the episode predictions: the first ep is apparently about Tanabata (aka Seventh day of Seventh month).

It's still early, But I'd say it's pretty safe to dig out the 1st season and look for clues there. I am highly expecting "Neverending Summer" to be included as well, as expected, simply because the Japanese DVD has Mikuru in a frog suit.

But here's hoping we get the snowstorm story. Because that'll mean we might get a third season, hint hint

(Psst, Baka-Tsuki has all the novels translated)

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

05.22.2009, 11:13 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've never read the manga or light novels or whatever they are called so you are speaking in a foreign language to me!

Thanks anyway but I'll wait for the full thing to be over and watch it at my own pace, I tend to prefer that.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.22.2009, 11:51 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh wow, that news is awesome. I heard rumours because apparantly they were reairing the first series and there was some new episode in it, so i guess that is what it was. Im pumped. Someone better have the fansub up and running asap. I think this could be the best year of anime series ever imo.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

05.22.2009, 11:59 AM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've yet to see the first series. I intend to check it out some time though. It sounds like something I'd like.

05.22.2009, 12:04 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I'm sure you would Arren, I rank it up there in my top five anime series of all time. Possibly even in the top three. Very funny, very cute, very intriguing and a clever plot and premise. Its thoroughly engaging.

Its a boy-meets-girl story but handled in an original way.

05.22.2009, 12:53 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ah, cool! This is good news. I'll be watching this. ^_^

05.22.2009, 01:52 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
animekittynya
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.11.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by animekittynya Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

-screams- YESSS! NEW SEASON! Cant wait!

05.23.2009, 11:45 AM animekittynya is offline   Profile for animekittynya Add animekittynya to your buddy list Homepage of animekittynya
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Im doing a quick watch through of the first season before I start the new series. I need a little refresher. For my money, it has the best school festival episode in the history of school festival episodes.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

05.23.2009, 05:44 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Get real Miy. You just like looking at a Bunny-suit Haruhi with a rock guitar, admit it

Anyway, the new show seem to have retained it's dry humour script. I'm not a big fan of the ending though, and there's no opening in the first episode. But I have to be honest though, it's gonna be hard for KyoAni to live up to the hype after the success of the first season.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

05.24.2009, 01:55 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched the first epi. It was good but I wasn't like immediately sucked in. Hopefully it picks up and keeps getting better. xD

05.24.2009, 02:07 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

@Roar, yeah its true, what can I say? Haruhi + bunny suit + concert = legendary moment in anime.

KyoAni definitely has quite the expectations to live up to, im not sure if they will be able to meet the fans approval, but if they give me something close to the same ill take it and like it.

Click for Gallery^^

05.24.2009, 09:42 AM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Miyrru
@Roar, yeah its true, what can I say? Haruhi + bunny suit + concert = legendary moment in anime.
It was that slo-mo droplet of sweat falling from her chin. THAT was the pivotal moment... Mmmm...

Kyon is cool too. Like him lots, so dry and dead-pan. A nicely written character.

05.24.2009, 05:38 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YAY! This is excitin'!

I watched the first episode. I thought that it was really good... took me a bit to get into it, but I definitely liked it. I'm really excited for this! Woo!

05.24.2009, 07:39 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

The drop of sweat didnt have the same effect for me Saddles, but the concert scene was awesome in total.

I think Kyon might be my favourite male lead of anything Ive seen. The deadpan-ness and his attitude towards everything beats the hell out of some harem lead or even either of he other male leads in KyoAni series.

Click for Gallery^^

05.25.2009, 07:57 AM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Personally, I think the best part about Kyon is that the series (both anime and novel) is based around his narration, and he is obviously oblivious to Haruhi's real self. Of course, if you guys don't notice it either, well, shame on you.

Anyway, so long as KyoAni keeps to the original story, I don't see any way that they can go wrong. They've kept to the original script so far, preserving the original, so I expect another highly enjoyable season.

Think maybe they'll have an ep on the actual shooting of the school play?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

05.25.2009, 10:11 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I agree about Kyon, he could so easily have fallen into the usual harem-guy mode and been an irritating cluless geek who doesn't recognize a girl who likes him when she... does whatever it is they usually do.

Is the story narrated from his POV in the novels/manga, Roar? If its not then I agree to have him as the storyteller was a stroke of genius, his ignorance makes the story.

05.25.2009, 10:50 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Like I said, it's virtually the same. Only very few minor changes were made. Well, except for the "filler" episode in the first season. It's was the chronologically last episode, One Rainy Day or smthng. That was never in the books.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

05.26.2009, 09:28 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Copied from another discussion group:

Original Title: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (2009)
Alternative title: Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (2009)
Type: TV
Number of episodes: ?
Vintage: May 21, 2009 to ?
Studio: Kyoto Animation
Genres: Comedy, Mystery, Parody, School, Sci-Fi, Slice of Life
Running time: 24 min. per episode
Official website: 涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 Kyoto Animation's Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu Website

A re-airing of the original Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu series with brand new episodes thrown into the mix, based on Tanigawa Nagaru's "Suzumiya Haruhi" series of novels, illustrated by Itou Noizi.

A far from ordinary school story starts here! This is a story of Suzumiya Haruhi, who upon enrollment at school announced, "I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, beings from the future, or super-humans, come see me. That is all!" Naturally, any normal person would think "What the...?" but Haruhi is dead serious. Things get crazy when everyone realizes just how serious she is about it all and establishes the "SOS Dan".

Note: This new series includes the first 14 episodes of the original series, taken from the DVD release, and additional episodes with new content enhancing the story. The series is this time being released in chronological order - the way it was presented in the light novel series. The first episode with new content was episode 8 (Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody).

Apr 02 ep01 The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 1
Apr 09 ep02 The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2
Apr 16 ep03 The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 3
Apr 23 ep04 The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 4
Apr 30 ep05 The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 5
May 07 ep06 The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 6
May 14 ep07 The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya
May 21 ep08 Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody (New)
May 28 ep09 Mysterique Sign
Jun 04 ep10 Remote Island Syndrome Part1
Jun 11 ep11 Remote Island Syndrome Part2
Jun 18 ep12 Endless Eight (New)
Jun 25 ep13 The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya 1 (New)
Jul 02 ep14 The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 (New)
Jul 09 ep15 The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya 3 (New)
Jul 16 ep16 The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya 4 (New)
Jul 23 ep17 The Adventures of Asahina Mikuru Episode 00
Jul 30 ep18 Live A Live
Aug 07 ep19 The Day of Sagittarius
Aug 14 ep20 Someday in the rain
Aug 21 ep21 The Vanishment of Haruhi Suzumiya 1 (New)
Aug 28 ep22 The Vanishment of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 (New)
Sep 03 ep23 The Vanishment of Haruhi Suzumiya 3 (New)
Sep 10 ep24 The Vanishment of Haruhi Suzumiya 4 (New)
Sep 17 ep25 The Vanishment of Haruhi Suzumiya 5 (New)
Sep 24 ep26 Charmed at First Sight Lover (New)

05.30.2009, 07:58 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  1  2  3  4    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks