QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Chihiro Anyone??? o.o;;
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Chihiro Anyone??? o.o;; » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Kodama

Registration Date: 09.28.02
  Chihiro Anyone??? o.o;;Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sammi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Has anyone seen "Sen To Chihiro No Kamikakushi"/ "Spirited Away" yet??? (Just wondering. IT WAS AMAZING!!!! *-* Miyazaki's done it again. ::Nod nod.: I LOVED IT!!!!

09.28.2002, 01:44 PM Sammi is offline   Profile for Sammi Add Sammi to your buddy list Send an Email to Sammi Homepage of Sammi
UO
(/`A')/

Registration Date: 03.03.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by UO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yupper... saw the subbed version long ago....

just got tickets to a preview screening in dallas on monday...woot!

09.28.2002, 05:04 PM UO is offline   Profile for UO Add UO to your buddy list Send an Email to UO Homepage of UO
Sammi
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sammi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

lucky person... i saw it on the premiere day -- my mom thought i was going to explode. xD

i think it's going to do better than Mononoke since it's directed more towards kids and dubbed. only 25 theaters and it made $450,000 in it's first week.

09.29.2002, 09:20 PM Sammi is offline   Profile for Sammi Add Sammi to your buddy list Send an Email to Sammi Homepage of Sammi
UO
(/`A')/

Registration Date: 03.03.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by UO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

just got back from seeing u.s. spirited away....

dub was pretty good! tho i still thikn sub was better, but the dub def did help clear up some storyline for me 8o

10.01.2002, 12:06 AM UO is offline   Profile for UO Add UO to your buddy list Send an Email to UO Homepage of UO
Manny Calavera
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 10.06.02
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Manny Calavera Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This was actually I think a lot better than Mononoke Hime, in the way that you would not get bored, and the animation seemed so much more vivid, the plot was so intricately woven that you just can not but help feel sad, or happy or disgusted.

Its plot is one of the best I have ever seen.
And the animation is just gorgeous, there are few times that I have seen such beautiful scenes, with such depth and emotion.
It also is an excellent blend of pure fantasy and a great deal of symbolism.

Definitely one of the better animes.
I take of my hat (if i wore one) to the creator.

10.06.2002, 02:13 AM Manny Calavera is offline   Profile for Manny Calavera Add Manny Calavera to your buddy list Send an Email to Manny Calavera
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  This is Sammi... I'm just too lazy to log in. x.xPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ehhh... i'm still Mononoke Hime faithful. ^-^ Mononoke was the second Ghibli film i ever watched, and i was AMAZED. my jaw literally dropped at the animation, and i loved the plot. i actually did a San costume for that Halloween. (okay, so I'm getting a little old for it. >>; don't get me wrong, i am totally in love with Sen to Chihiro right now it's a fabulous film, and i think Miyazaki-san is a complete genius, but Mononoke is always special to me.

~ Sammi <3

10.09.2002, 07:11 PM  
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The story is marvelous. The real genius of the movie is that any of us can relate to being Chihiro, Haku, Kamaji or Linn, simply by doing the decent, neighborly thing in tough situations, or just by getting up in the morning and facing that not so nice boss. Sadly in reality you don't end up riding flying dragons, or fortunatly don't end up getting turned into pigs....though some days even that can seem to be a better outcome than reality.

Thanks for the possitive message, and the reminder that a little humanity and strength of character are the strongest magic ever, and that all of us possess it!

10.24.2002, 03:34 AM  
Mocca
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 10.26.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mocca Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

In my humble opinion, Spirited Away is the finest piece of animation ever created. I live in Denmark and it seems unlikely to get a cinematic release here, except maybe at the Night Film Festival.

When do you people think we're going to see the DVD? (I've heard that the region 3 one has red tint, so I'm holding out for reg 1.)

10.26.2002, 07:40 AM Mocca is offline   Profile for Mocca Add Mocca to your buddy list Send an Email to Mocca
Sammi
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sammi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You can now pre-order the Region 1 DVD from Amazon.com!! Yaaayness!!!

~ Sammi <3

02.25.2003, 10:21 PM Sammi is offline   Profile for Sammi Add Sammi to your buddy list Send an Email to Sammi Homepage of Sammi
Sophie
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 04.19.04
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sophie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I wanna see it AGAIN!!!!

I've already watched it like 5 times, but it is just so MAGICAL!!!! It holds that certain beauty to it that is always guarenteed in a Mayazaki Film. It is a shame that after his new movie (check out my thread for details) he will only make TWO MORE!!!

ONLY TWO!!!!!

*sob*

well, i seriously wish that i can watch Spirited Away again!!! ^^

~(also known as) Chinagirl223

04.19.2004, 06:18 PM Sophie is offline   Profile for Sophie Add Sophie to your buddy list AIM Screenname: SangoCatLady
Siobhan
Tanuki

Registration Date: 02.13.04
crudPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Siobhan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Whatever shall we do without Miyazaki? Gosh..I speak as though he's dying! How old is he now anyways?--Sio

04.20.2004, 09:29 PM Siobhan is offline   Profile for Siobhan Add Siobhan to your buddy list Send an Email to Siobhan
starhawk
Tanuki

Registration Date: 04.20.04
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by starhawk Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think he's 64....

Spirited Away is one of the finest movies I've ever seen. Dynamic characters, vividly colorful world, deep moral symbolism, wierd, imaginative, and an unforgetable story...
The plot is a little thin in a couple sequences, but other dramatically deep sequences (such as the train ride- my favorite part of the whole film) more than make up for it. I think Spirited Away is a masterpiece.

Post last edited by starhawk on 04.21.2004, 07:44 PM.

04.21.2004, 07:44 PM starhawk is offline   Profile for starhawk Add starhawk to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by starhawk
I think he's 64....

Spirited Away is one of the finest movies I've ever seen. Dynamic characters, vividly colorful world, deep moral symbolism, wierd, imaginative, and an unforgetable story...
The plot is a little thin in a couple sequences, but other dramatically deep sequences (such as the train ride- my favorite part of the whole film) more than make up for it. I think Spirited Away is a masterpiece.

Statistically tho, Laputa is better. But meh, personal preference.

What u see in the movie is but only the icing. U wouldnt believe the number of underlying messages hidden in the movie. Im planning to do a compilation of them and upload them to my site when i finish it.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

04.26.2004, 09:10 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
fiona
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 08.13.04
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fiona Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Spirited Away is my favourite film ever it is so wonderful, almost verging on being better then My Neighbour totoro!

08.13.2004, 09:43 AM fiona is offline   Profile for fiona Add fiona to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks