QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Yay, music.
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions Yay, music. Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
starhawk
Tanuki

Registration Date: 04.20.04
  Yay, music.Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by starhawk Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

SO.
Do any of you people like listening to music? What/who are your favorite artists?

My favorite band is Starflyer 59 ( http://www.purevolume.com/starflyer59 ), but my favorite record would have to be Velour 100- Fall Sounds. Niether artists are internationally well-known, so the chances of you guys knowing them are slim...but some more well-known artists I love are Bjork and Delirious.

So any other of you Ghibli fans also music lovers?

04.02.2005, 05:33 AM starhawk is offline   Profile for starhawk Add starhawk to your buddy list
Jiji
Oldie newbie

Registration Date: 01.15.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I am not exactly a music fanatic. But I love Joe Hisaishi's scores in the Miyazaki movies. They are really splendid. But the prices of the imported CDs are, eh, not that nice, and burnt quite a number great holes in my wallet...

Besides the scores in the Miyazaki films, Hisaishi has composed many good pieces for many other movies. I especially like his works in the films of Kitano. There is an album that I highly recommend, called "joe hisaishi meets kitano films," with wonderful scores from movies like Kikujiro, Hanna-Bi and Kids Return.

Do you know who is who on the CD cover, by the way?

04.02.2005, 12:35 PM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hisaishi's bald, any fan of him knows that, unfortunately XD

Mostly anime tracks, and mostly instrumental. I don't really have a liking for songs, I much prefer lyricless music to songs. Usually classical, jazz, sentimental, moods, that kinda stuff.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

04.04.2005, 10:44 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Kodama
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 02.16.03
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kodama Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yellowcard, Semisonic, Coheed & Cambria, Default, and Midtown!!!!

04.07.2005, 03:01 PM Kodama is offline   Profile for Kodama Add Kodama to your buddy list
Hakumaku
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.19.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Hakumaku Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Jiji...im after "The kids return" soundtrack any ideas where I can get it?

Post last edited by Hakumaku on 04.13.2005, 06:33 AM.

04.13.2005, 06:32 AM Hakumaku is offline   Profile for Hakumaku Add Hakumaku to your buddy list
Jiji
Oldie newbie

Registration Date: 01.15.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Hakumaku
Jiji...im after "The kids return" soundtrack any ideas where I can get it?

You can order it through cdjapan.co.jp

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=POCH-1576

04.14.2005, 10:23 AM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
quiet
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 04.24.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by quiet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I LOVE music. All types, really, except for rap. Can't stand the stuff.

My fave bands/artists are: Mum, The Shins, Apples in Stereo, Neutral Milk Hotel, Do Make Say Think, Sigur Ros and the Stars.

I also really like Bjork. Starhawk - what's your favourite album from her?? Mine's Vespertine. I love how that album sounds, so intimate and warm - it was my first Bjork. Ah how young i was then, my cells were virgins <---(Bjork reference (headphones))

04.24.2005, 07:36 AM quiet is offline   Profile for quiet Add quiet to your buddy list
starhawk
Tanuki

Registration Date: 04.20.04
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by starhawk Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hmm, I don't think I have a favorite Bjork record...depends on the moment. I'm currently hooked on her latest one though, Medulla. I still need to buy "Debut".

I'm betting there's some good rap out there somewhere, I just haven't taken the time to look for it yet. So I currently am not a rap fan either. I think its like all styles, some good and some bad is out there, just gotta find the good.

Lateley I've been geeking out over The Arcade Fire. Good stuff...
I'm also currently digging Jacob Zachary, Todd Rundgren and Headphones.

Post last edited by starhawk on 05.03.2005, 09:44 PM.

05.03.2005, 09:43 PM starhawk is offline   Profile for starhawk Add starhawk to your buddy list
OYM Angel
Tanuki

Registration Date: 05.12.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by OYM Angel Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I probably said this already, but Yuki Kajiura and SEE-SAW are awesome, Joe Hisaishi rocks, and the pillows are one of my favorite rock groups.

Mostly I listen to movie soundtracks.

07.28.2005, 07:48 PM OYM Angel is offline   Profile for OYM Angel Add OYM Angel to your buddy list
Anorak, Yes
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 10.07.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Anorak, Yes Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by starhawk
Lateley I've been geeking out over The Arcade Fire. Good stuff...

That's one of my favourite albums of the moment!

I'm a Kaiser Chiefs fan, as well. I like most British indie.

11.18.2005, 01:00 PM Anorak, Yes is offline   Profile for Anorak, Yes Add Anorak, Yes to your buddy list
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

u all probly allready heard me lol, but i like rap. my faverite rappers are in order:
2pac Shakure cuz he alwayz makes ya feal good & has good beats wen ya need em

Cypress Hill, cuz they do lotsa different things & u gotta respect there songs (especially there weed tributes)

And:
Snoop Dogg, cuz he can kick it with style
i also like Linkin Park, Korn, Guns & Roses
But do any yall really care that much lol? wat'd u like? wat music cures u? lol

01.03.2006, 10:27 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
Kei
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 01.04.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kei Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I really like rock alternitive and indie stuff (for english music) Bands like dreston dolls, of montreal, hot hot heat, decenberist etc.

As for Jrock (love it!) I really like Visual Kei music because it can be any style, rock, hard/heavy rock, ballad. Anything, it creates alt of varriaty ^_^ Bands like Malice Mizer, X Japan, Gackt, Moi dix mois and dir en grey....

but i really dont like rap and r&b

01.04.2006, 09:18 PM Kei is offline   Profile for Kei Add Kei to your buddy list
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i dont like rnb either but its all good, but go rap go rap! lol 8]

01.12.2006, 09:33 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
Tresi
Tanuki

Registration Date: 01.22.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tresi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I like rock music like Avril Lavigne,Michelle Branch,Simple Plan,Linkin Park,Kelly Clarkson...
I also listen to movie soundtracks

Post last edited by Tresi on 01.27.2006, 05:05 PM.

01.22.2006, 03:53 PM Tresi is offline   Profile for Tresi Add Tresi to your buddy list
mpw3d
Ohmu

Registration Date: 02.08.06
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by mpw3d Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

im a J-rocker so im listen to Dir en grey, Miyavi, Malice Mizer

www.mpw3d.deviantart.com

02.08.2006, 12:30 PM mpw3d is offline   Profile for mpw3d Add mpw3d to your buddy list Send an Email to mpw3d
IluvHowl06
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.19.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by IluvHowl06 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

don't laugh since i don't purchase cds often, i listen to puffy amiyumi and ABBA

04.11.2006, 11:06 PM IluvHowl06 is offline   Profile for IluvHowl06 Add IluvHowl06 to your buddy list
shiawase
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.09.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shiawase Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Puffy Amiyumi is great, don't be embarassed. I like Polysics, Koda Kumi, BoA, Utada Hikaru, Morning Musume, TM Revolution. And lots more! I really like the OST's to the Final Fantasy series. Especially FFVIII. For North American bands I like Relient K and Chevelle.

~Akarui Tsubasa~

I will save myself from the world I created.

04.12.2006, 03:52 AM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
micg huz
Calcifer

Registration Date: 05.01.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by micg huz Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i love the B52's as they are so happy and loved up - its great the way they have a female and male singer. i really love all there songs about intergalactic stuff - especially 'is that you mo-dean'. anybody like that song?
listen to it its sooooooo cool.
but gennerally all sorts of music - i love it, i cant get enough (like ghibli i guess).
anyone listen to breaks?
oh yeh and ofcourse the talking heads.
peace.

05.02.2006, 01:12 PM micg huz is offline   Profile for micg huz Add micg huz to your buddy list Send an Email to micg huz
OYM Angel
Tanuki

Registration Date: 05.12.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by OYM Angel Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Another one of my all-time favorite groups is Nightwish.

05.11.2006, 05:09 PM OYM Angel is offline   Profile for OYM Angel Add OYM Angel to your buddy list
Ally
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 05.12.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Ally Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Love Hard Fi, Stone Roses, Keane, Killers, Ben Folds but also my favourite artist of all time is Kylie (im sure some of you may have something to say about that, but trust me thats not the half of it) , also love house but the older stuff, im quite eclectic in my taste!

Post last edited by Ally on 05.12.2006, 06:02 PM.

05.12.2006, 06:00 PM Ally is offline   Profile for Ally Add Ally to your buddy list
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks