QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What music/bands do you like?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What music/bands do you like? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Tanuki

Registration Date: 10.31.09
  What music/bands do you like?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sazaneyes1991 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

What music do you really like?

I love Metal (eg. Metallica, Pantera, Slayer, Johnny Truant)
but also listen to loads of classical (Beethoven, Mozart, Stravinsky)
and quite a bit of jazz (Miles Davis, Herbie Hancock, Mahavishnu Orchestra)

11.01.2009, 02:16 PM Sazaneyes1991 is offline   Profile for Sazaneyes1991 Add Sazaneyes1991 to your buddy list Send an Email to Sazaneyes1991
..Ayami..
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.05.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ..Ayami.. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't really stick to one genre of music (mainly because I don't even know what genre most of the stuff is )

Bands such as Kings of Leon, The Killers, Snow Patrol and Foo Fighters are genrally the ones that appeal to me the most. I also love a bit of Queen, The Beatles and classic bands like that. Recently though I've been warming towards jazz/big band type music, Michael Buble for example. I just find it very easy to listen to and relaxing when I'm not in the mood for up-beat kind of music

11.02.2009, 03:47 PM ..Ayami.. is offline   Profile for ..Ayami.. Add ..Ayami.. to your buddy list
Sazaneyes1991
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sazaneyes1991 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't think anyone listens to just one genre of music, you need a bit of variety. Good job with Michael Buble! Haven't heard much of his stuff, but I like what I have heard.

11.02.2009, 03:52 PM Sazaneyes1991 is offline   Profile for Sazaneyes1991 Add Sazaneyes1991 to your buddy list Send an Email to Sazaneyes1991
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Let's see... one of my favourite bands is Versailles, a Japanese visual kei metal band. They're amazing.

I also like Linkin Park, Breaking Benjamin, Trading Yesterday, Lily Allen, Nickelback, Evanescence and Muse.

And a whole bunch of others. I like listening to anime soundtracks; Yuki Kajiura is my favourite anime composer, and Kaoru Wada is good too. I like a bit of j-pop and j-rock.

My Anime List

11.02.2009, 03:53 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Sazaneyes1991
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sazaneyes1991 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I forgot to mention that Joe Hisaishi is a god. Film music usually really bugs me, but his compositions are sublime.

11.02.2009, 04:18 PM Sazaneyes1991 is offline   Profile for Sazaneyes1991 Add Sazaneyes1991 to your buddy list Send an Email to Sazaneyes1991
Kemi
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.25.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I listen to all kinds of metal most of the time but I also like some classical, folk and rock music every now and then. I love music when it's heavy, dark or tough

My favourite bands at the moment are; Edguy, Evergrey, Kamelot and Iced Earth I think. (A)

11.05.2009, 06:15 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
Riotmon
Kodama

Registration Date: 11.05.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Riotmon Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Tons of types myself, mainly metal, BIG Nine Inch Nails fan. Paramore and just a nice band i listen to alot, and when i'm not listening to them, general metal from devil driver to motley crew.
Altho top fave right now, Deadlock =]

11.05.2009, 07:06 PM Riotmon is offline   Profile for Riotmon Add Riotmon to your buddy list Send an Email to Riotmon
ja
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.14.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ja Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I love rock but I listen polish bands: Myslovitz, Hey, TSA...

Why so much stress?
Don't you have gains to get?
We all do, even you!
And the more you seek
The more you find, then
Love, night and rain - life is good
So try to luck and kill the pain
Tell me, do you always think you have no worth?
Find it in yourself!

05.24.2011, 11:12 AM ja is offline   Profile for ja Add ja to your buddy list
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I like sooo many different styles, but right now I'm currently into more experimental stuff. A few examples are Radiohead, Man Man, Portishead, Sufjan Stevens, agghh there are too many.

Here are a few songs from the bands I listed:

Radiohead - The National Anthem
Man Man - I, Manface
Portishead - Magic Doors
Sufjan Stevens - I Want To Be Well

Check out my music:

05.26.2011, 10:37 AM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I listen to a little bit of everything, but I'm more a classical guy myself. Anything classical be it older like Mozart, contemporary like film scores, or even experimental classical music. However, as of recently, I've been listening to a lot of Regina Spektor for some reason.

I also like Radiohead, Dream Theater, Sublime, Nine Inch Nails, and pretty much everything else.

Post last edited by on 05.26.2011, 11:59 AM.

05.26.2011, 11:58 AM  
Takuto
Calcifer

Registration Date: 03.15.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Takuto Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I love classic rock, but listen to lots of instrumentals, and movie soundtracks. And I am open to all kinds of music, and I don't care about the age of it, it just so happens 60s and 70s stuff appeals to my rebel spirit.

Some bands/artists I like include (WARNING BIG LIST!): Queen, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, ELO, David Bowie, The Beach Boys, Led Zeppelin, The Doors, The Velvet Underground, The Rolling Stones, Nico, Bobby Fuller, Fleetwood Mac, Innocence Mission, MUSE, Gale Garnett.

05.27.2011, 11:16 PM Takuto is offline   Profile for Takuto Add Takuto to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks