QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ghibli's Movie Poster
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Ghibli Discussions Ghibli's Movie Poster Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6    »  ]
Neko Danshaku =^^=
Calcifer

Registration Date: 04.21.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Neko Danshaku =^^= Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

----------------------------------------------------------------------
very good!
100% of Japanese who understand Japanese will be able to understand that. Though it is impossible for the person who doesn't understand Japanese. (nanashi)
どうもありがとうございました! Thank you very much! but I guess my nihongo is still far from perfect. Ganbarimasu!!
.... by the way... is my nihongo sounds natural to you?

there is a picture a bit larger than another. i will present for you. (nanashi)
Thanks nanashi, do you have the big version of this too?

coz the one that bigger is looks like a photograph... and the part of left-below is not captured in the photograph...

Post last edited by Neko Danshaku =^^= on 05.01.2005, 02:55 AM.

05.01.2005, 02:40 AM Neko Danshaku =^^= is offline   Profile for Neko Danshaku =^^= Add Neko Danshaku =^^= to your buddy list
nanashi
Ohmu

Registration Date: 01.27.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

it was not found to me.
monochrome version is here.
http://rose-rote.hp.infoseek.co.jp/miya/...en_03n_600m.jpg

there is no large size of the Yaccl and that Chihiro.
it was roughly in Nausicaa.net or Buta Connection excluding them.
http://www.nausicaa.net/miyazaki/films/
http://www.chez.com/ghibli2/galeries/affiches2.htm
http://rose-rote.hp.infoseek.co.jp/miya/poster/poster.htm

05.01.2005, 08:20 AM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
Neko Danshaku =^^=
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Neko Danshaku =^^= Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

------------------------------------------------------------------
it was not found to me.
monochrome version is here. (nanashi)
------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you nanashi. You've done a great job.... if its about the color... I might be manipulate it...
Looks like your homepage are becoming more informative... Ganbatte kudasai!

by the way nanashi... do you know the reason why there are English Title since Yamada-kun in Japanese poster? is it because Disney-Tokuma deal?

I found a big version of Roman Album cover... illustration are the same with the third wave of the movie poster

PS: Where's Jiji and Feureau? Vacation?

Post last edited by Neko Danshaku =^^= on 05.01.2005, 11:18 AM.

05.01.2005, 11:14 AM Neko Danshaku =^^= is offline   Profile for Neko Danshaku =^^= Add Neko Danshaku =^^= to your buddy list
Jiji
Oldie newbie

Registration Date: 01.15.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

今日は﹗Sorry for not being online yesterday. You see, there are no PCs or internet connections in Koriko (^_^;; ). Anyway it is amazing to see my own self broadcasted on the TV! (=^v^

quote:
Originally posted by Neko Danshaku =^^=
thanks for the picture.... and thanks for scanning the cover of your Kiki book.. it's precious to see Miyazaki's draft!

You're welcome . I really like the picture and it portrays the emotion of Kiki even better in the format of a sketch. It was said that when Miyazaki was young, he could draw nothing but aircarft, and his drawings of humans are horrible. He surely had quite an improvement after entering Toei. Still, I'd love to have a look at his early sketches.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I wonder if this one of Kiki (click for a larger image) is also a chirashi? (Jiji)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Uumm... I'm not quite sure... Iida Tetsuya said in his homepage for visual difference between chirashi and poster.. Chirashi is like a pamflet... so it is small.. so the logo size and anything that small in the poster are bigger in Chirashi...

Thanks for the info. The words on that Kiki promotional material is quite small, but a little bit larger than the other 2 posters found in Buta-connection (the poster links that I posted some time ago). But its general layout design is quite simple, and bears some resemblance with the Totoro chraishii in terms of structure. Heh this is gonna be an unsolved mystery until I am lucky enough to have a real copy of it.

quote:
A homepage about research data to Studio Ghibli has been opened.. please come..
http://www.geocities.jp/nekojimusho/

PS:Looks like this thread already marked 5 Stars! I wonder who rate that.. is it Jiji

A really great database of Ghibli/anime links and other research resources. Thanks a lot for sharing your findings! (and yea I gave the rating )

quote:
how is my Nihongo? is it good?

Hehe I am not at a position to make any solid comment with my pathetic knowledge of Japanese, still I have to say it is quite legible and fluent.

quote:
Since I live in Indonesia, there's Indonesian term as well, not official yet often used.. "Link putus (poo-toos)" (literary Link Splitted)..or "rusak (roo-suk)" (Damaged/壊れました), or "Gak nyambung (guckt nyum-boong) literary means "not connected/繋がらない" wants to learn Indonesian?

Count me in! Indonesian seems to be quite interesting. And it'd be cool to learn a few words for pwning the others.

quote:
do you know the reason why there are English Title since Yamada-kun in Japanese poster? is it because Disney-Tokuma deal?

I don't think it is directly related to the deal as it is supposed to be for arranging distribution rights only. But the fact that the Ghibli movies would be distributed overseas sooner or later may make the staff feel that it is necessary to include an official title in an international language on the posters, so that the foreign news agents overseas would not need to make any weird guesses or translations when they were reporting the Japanese release.

P.S. thanks Nanashi again for bringing us the wonderful information and posters. I haven't seen the new Howl one anywhere, and it seems to be pretty nice.

05.01.2005, 05:24 PM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
Neko Danshaku =^^=
Calcifer

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway it is amazing to see my own self broadcasted on the TV! ( =^v^= ) (Jiji)
Hehe.... unfortunately it was not aired in Indonesia.... Ghibli is not popular here... if compared to Beyblade, Captain Tsubasa, Doraemon, Pokemon, and Crush Gear.. (since they are on TV.. especially Doraemon for being aired in Indonesia for over 16 years!)
You can only get other title in videos (VCDs/DVDs... there were LD but they are extinct now... I remember someone commented in Indonesian newspaper that Totoro ever released as an original LD in Indonesia (no subs..))
I wonder when will "mimisuma" or "neko no ongaeshi" will be played too..?

Still, I'd love to have a look at his early sketches. (Jiji)
And so do I ... maybe I'm the same at Miyazaki in his young.... I fairly illustrate human... but I like to draw vehicles...

A really great database of Ghibli/anime links and other research resources. Thanks a lot for sharing your findings! (and yea I gave the rating ) (Jiji)
Thank you! I don't think that this thread is amusing when I first time posting in here...
If you love the pictures of Mononoke.... there's a link to PDF files on "Picture" section... It's a valuable PDFs.... but I think it's confidential since it's banned in the original homepage..
Please share me your impression about what you have read....

Hehe I am not at a position to make any solid comment with my pathetic knowledge of Japanese, still I have to say it is quite legible and fluent.
Count me in! Indonesian seems to be quite interesting. And it'd be cool to learn a few words for pwning the others (Jiji)
Thank you... I think you have a good Japanese too Jiji... Wanna learn Indonesian? OK! What first? I don't think you would love formal Indonesian... so why don't we try a naughty Indonesian language hehe

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't think it is directly related to the deal as it is supposed to be for arranging distribution rights only. But the fact that the Ghibli movies would be distributed overseas sooner or later may make the staff feel that it is necessary to include an official title in an international language on the posters, so that the foreign news agents overseas would not need to make any weird guesses or translations when they were reporting the Japanese release.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ummm.... do you have any resources about it?

PS: BTW Jiji.... I wondered about your Korico Town... is it in Asia, Middle East, Europe, or US? You said you appeared on TV and I don't have any idea which TV in which country that made you on-air hehe

05.02.2005, 12:22 AM Neko Danshaku =^^= is offline   Profile for Neko Danshaku =^^= Add Neko Danshaku =^^= to your buddy list
nanashi
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

about "徳間書店のマーケティング戦略
~スタジオジブリに見るブランドの重要性~/塚田ゼミEチーム"
when you read this,
its necessary to know this document is a report that three university students as part of studies.
there is childish logic that jump to a conclusion.
for example, they has analogized the tendency of Japan from a result of the "questionnaire to 300 university students".

the company that has fallen into the management crisis is not Ghibli but Tokuma Shoten.
at first, Ghibli was subsidiary company. (1985)
it was absorbed as one section for the deficit rebuilding of Tokuma Syoten Co.. (1997)

now, Tokuma Syoten Co. has the debt of 60 billion yen.
in the publication section of Tokuma Syoten Co. there is only a little market value.

(new) Tokuma Syoten Co. is newly established, and the publication section is transferred by the
price from 3 billion yen.
Studio Ghibli Co. is newly established, and the Studio Ghibli section is transferred. (2005.3)
(old) Tokuma Syoten Co. will be liquidated by the price from 10 billion to 15 billion yen..

i found chirashi of Mimi-DVD

http://www.sion.ais.ne.jp/~sugioka/mimi/dvd01.jpg
http://www.sion.ais.ne.jp/~sugioka/mimi/dvd02.jpg

1st Ymada-kun has 2 designed. i found today.
http://rose-rote.hp.infoseek.co.jp/miya/...ster.htm#yamada

Post last edited by nanashi on 05.02.2005, 02:09 PM.

05.02.2005, 01:56 PM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
Jiji
Oldie newbie

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Hehe.... unfortunately it was not aired in Indonesia.... Ghibli is not popular here... if compared to Beyblade, Captain Tsubasa, Doraemon, Pokemon, and Crush Gear.. (since they are on TV.. especially Doraemon for being aired in Indonesia for over 16 years!)
You can only get other title in videos (VCDs/DVDs... there were LD but they are extinct now... I remember someone commented in Indonesian newspaper that Totoro ever released as an original LD in Indonesia (no subs..))
I wonder when will "mimisuma" or "neko no ongaeshi" will be played too..?

Ghibli films are shown very often here. There are three major TV stations, and in each fortnight there is at least one showing a Ghibli work in their minor/paid channels (Entertainment, English, etc...). But this time Kiki and Totoeo were shown in one of the two largest free channels in the "golden period (8pm-10pm)" in the weekend.

Mimisuma was shown last week on the minor channels. Someone I know switched to it by accident, who was trying every effort to keep the eyes open instead of having fallen asleep, just because it is a Ghibli work. (Should I be happy or sad? @_@)

Sen, Neko, Umi and Yamada have never been shown on TV here. We do not even have any release (theatrical/video) of Yamada and Umi so it is understandable that the staff of the channels choose other Ghibli works instead. But for Sen and Neko, the theatrical releases were very successful, and the video sales are quite good. Maybe it is too expensive to accuqire the airing rights, so the stations stick to the older works instead.

Oh I LOVE Doraemon and am a great collector of its manga and merchandise (at least over 200 stuff and books ). The anime has been shown here ever since 1981 (24 years!). Wonder why I am called as Doraneko in Wingsee's forum and other parts of Online Ghibli? Actually "Doraneko (ドラネコ)" is the first name the artist came up with when he thought about the robot cat. It was later that he combined Dorayaki (どら焼) with his previous work "21 EMON (21 エモン)" to derive a new name, Doraemon (ドラえもん). But Doraneko in itself means "stray cat" - well enough to cover up my kiddish side.

quote:
And so do I ... maybe I'm the same at Miyazaki in his young.... I fairly illustrate human... but I like to draw vehicles...

Maybe you are going to be an animation master some day in the future ... When you have opened a successful animation studio and are attending the screening of your works in Koriko, don't forget to let a black cat to shake hand with you (and prepare an autograph for him!)

quote:
Thank you! I don't think that this thread is amusing when I first time posting in here...
If you love the pictures of Mononoke.... there's a link to PDF files on "Picture" section... It's a valuable PDFs.... but I think it's confidential since it's banned in the original homepage..
Please share me your impression about what you have read....

Those documents are fantastic, filled up with abundant images of the backgrounds and the production drawings. It is also interesting to see the staff interviews. But I like the CG section most. It is quite informative and the explanations are detailed. The content of these pages (interviews, techniques, etc) seem to be from the roman album of Mononoke. I do not have one so I cannot make a confirmation, though.

By the way in the very first line in p.118 it is said that computer stuff were used in Pom Poko and Mimisuma. I know that the tanuki-to-water-demon and other transformation scenes might have used CG. But I have no idea where CG could have employed in Mimisuma. Do you have any idea?

P.S. I wonder how you could find the files when they are banned in the original index page... (?_?)

quote:
Wanna learn Indonesian? OK! What first? I don't think you would love formal Indonesian... so why don't we try a naughty Indonesian language hehe

Hehe wickedness is the nature of witches. Being a witch's familiar, I am just too ready to take the business up for my mistress when she has forgotten about it. Anyway let's start.

quote:
Ummm.... do you have any resources about it?

No... (^_^;; ). Those are just pure speculations. In the past without the deal, the Ghibli works are unknown to most parts of the world. So it was alright to focus everything inside Japan. But with the deal, Ghibli has gained popularity in the overseas for the releases around the world. Any new piece of Ghibli work should arouse the interest of the worldwide news agents. Including an English title can be helpful to the reporters, and helpful to the preservation and the spread of the image of the movie throughout the world.

quote:
PS: BTW Jiji.... I wondered about your Korico Town... is it in Asia, Middle East, Europe, or US? You said you appeared on TV and I don't have any idea which TV in which country that made you on-air hehe

Hehe I am only a cat so practically my concept of the whole world is only the seaside town of Koriko and Kiki's town in the countryside (well, I admit that I may also know something about Japan ). And yea it is a fact that I appeared on TV. You see, they even showed a cool commercial of Kiki's express delivery service after the program with Kiki zooming around a flying parcel like an acrobat. There is a catch phrase, something like "KikiEx, She-Lives-To-Deliver."

quote:
Originally posted by nanashi
(new) Tokuma Syoten Co. is newly established, and the publication section is transferred by the
price from 3 billion yen.
Studio Ghibli Co. is newly established, and the Studio Ghibli section is transferred. (2005.3)
(old) Tokuma Syoten Co. will be liquidated by the price from 10 billion to 15 billion yen..

I am curious to know more about the details of the transfer. They claimed that there would be a detailed press release on 31st March, but I have yet to see it. Anyway do you know what exactly will be involved in the transfer of the rights? Does Tokuma still hold the rights of the Ghibli-related books? Also, the overseas distribution agreement was signed between Disney and Tokuma, instead of Ghibli. Will the deal lapse after the transfer, as Tokuma no longer holds the movie rights? Or maybe the deal has to be renewed? Or they are already in the process of drafting a new deal?

Thanks for sharing the Mimi chirashi, btw.

05.02.2005, 02:24 PM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
nanashi
Ohmu

quote:
Originally posted by Jiji
By the way in the very first line in p.118 it is said that computer stuff were used in Pom Poko and Mimisuma. I know that the tanuki-to-water-demon and other transformation scenes might have used CG.

and, the cg scene of pompoco is a scene where the camera moves additionally on the side of the row of the bookshelf at the library.
in mimi, i think that mimi has not used CG, mimi has only used the digital synthesis. it has used in flying scene.

they wanted to move the background picture, they has processed it at the stage of Camera.
they used Multi-plane Camera, different layers of backgrounds would be mounted on glass, and had shifted at the appropriate speeds during the actual shooting. thus, the director had to do elaborate meeting beforehand as the camera crew.

スタジオジブリ映像部技術部長 奥井敦氏 インタビュ ー
interview of Studio Ghibli Okui Atushi July 16, 2001 (Japanese)
http://www.imagica.co.jp/Galette/interview.html

quote:
Originally posted by Jiji
They claimed that there would be a detailed press release on 31st March, but I have yet to see it.
ive not heard the relating news.

Post last edited by nanashi on 05.03.2005, 02:11 AM.

05.03.2005, 02:09 AM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
Neko Danshaku =^^=
Calcifer

its necessary to know this document is a report that three university students as part of studies.
there is childish logic that jump to a conclusion.
for example, they has analogized the tendency of Japan from a result of the "questionnaire to 300 university students (nanashi)
Ummm... I think it's childish too.. but even so... there's quite true that almost everybody knows Ghibli now
even without any advertisement...

Sen, Neko, Umi and Yamada have never been shown on TV here. We do not even have any release (theatrical/video) of Yamada and Umi so it is understandable that the staff of the channels choose other Ghibli works instead. But for Sen and Neko, the theatrical releases were very successful, and the video sales are quite good. Maybe it is too expensive to accuqire the airing rights, so the stations stick to the older works instead.
(Jiji)
Looks like you're somewhere in Asia or Europe... ^^

I wonder how you could find the files when they are banned in the original index page... (?_?) (Jiji)
Faith hehehe..... Google is your friend!

Hehe wickedness is the nature of witches. Being a witch's familiar, I am just too ready to take the business up for my mistress when she has forgotten about it. Anyway let's start.
Okay... what would you like to know? A nasty word to kick some *+!'#!

Maybe you are going to be an animation master some day in the future ... When you have opened a successful animation studio and are attending the screening of your works in Koriko, don't forget to let a black cat to shake hand with you (and prepare an autograph for him!) (Jiji)
.....and perhaps a hand buzzer too

05.04.2005, 09:36 AM Neko Danshaku =^^= is offline   Profile for Neko Danshaku =^^= Add Neko Danshaku =^^= to your buddy list
Jiji
Oldie newbie

quote:
and, the cg scene of pompoco is a scene where the camera moves additionally on the side of the row of the bookshelf at the library.
in mimi, i think that mimi has not used CG, mimi has only used the digital synthesis. it has used in flying scene.

they wanted to move the background picture, they has processed it at the stage of Camera.
they used Multi-plane Camera, different layers of backgrounds would be mounted on glass, and had shifted at the appropriate speeds during the actual shooting. thus, the director had to do elaborate meeting beforehand as the camera crew.

That sounds pretty interesting but also troublesome. I suppose Mimisuma is the last Ghibli work that used traditional cel animation, isn't it? Ironically even the recent movies (Mononoke, Sen...) have "replica cels" on sale in the Ghibli museum. If cels has practically been extincted, how can those on sale be replicas?

Heh, many impossible effects of the past can now be done with CG by a few click. Back in the late 80s, during the production of Kiki (when animations were still 100% hand-made), extensive researches were conducted on the nature of light reflections and special techniques were developed for illustrating the reflections on flat surfaces. The resulting scenes with glass involved are highly accurate and realistic.

By now, open the program, add a layer, load the filter, adjust the light source, and everything is done.

My feeling towards CG is kinda like what Kiki felt when she saw for the first time the soaring dirigible .

quote:
Okay... what would you like to know? A nasty word to kick some *+!'#!

The "kick some *+!'#!" seems to be a nice word to learn for beginners.

quote:
.....and perhaps a hand buzzer too

You are strongly advised to never mess with the practitioners of witchcraft, or...

05.04.2005, 07:31 PM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
nanashi
Ohmu

mononoke is the last Ghibli work that used traditional cel animation.

i read the topic by the Ghibli diary that the cell that bought it in large quantities had still remained in the warehouse before ending Japanese cel manufacturer production.

Ghibli sales "replica" cels.
Ghibli Museum's announcement.,

quote:

Cels(Art Print Cel, Hand-painted Cel) of the studio Ghibli work is the one having newly produced for appreciation based on one scene of original movie of the supervision of the Hayao Miyazaki supervision and the Yasuda Mitiyo color design.

Art Print : serigraphy, silk-screen process
Hand-painted : hand painted

05.04.2005, 11:40 PM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
Jiji
Oldie newbie

quote:

i read the topic by the Ghibli diary that the cell that bought it in large quantities had still remained in the warehouse before ending Japanese cel manufacturer production.

Ghibli sales "replica" cels.
Ghibli Museum's announcement.,

Sorry. My mistake. I just have not seen the cels of Mononoke (^_^;; ). And thanks for your information on the replica cels.

05.05.2005, 01:59 AM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
Neko Danshaku =^^=
Calcifer

Ghibli sales "replica" cels. (nanashi)
Thanks nanashi... I dont know if mononoke is the last movie that used cel by Ghibli until you said so...
Now they just print some pictures on the cels right?

oh btw nanashi... i found you mistyped "ハウルの「ハ」の変化" with "ハウ[リ]の「ハ」の変化" in your poster homepage..

Cels(Art Print Cel, Hand-painted Cel) of the studio Ghibli work is the one having newly produced for appreciation based on one scene of original movie of the supervision of the Hayao Miyazaki supervision and the Yasuda Mitiyo color design. (nanashi)
Here's an interview page to Ms. Yasuda Michiyo (in Japanese....)
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/entertainment/g...view_yasuda.htm
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/entertainment/g...ew_yasuda02.htm

I've heard there's a different about アニメ (anime) and アニメーション (anime-shon) in Japan.... aren't both the same? here's a reference page... but my Japanese can't handle it.... T_T
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/entertainment/g...view_namiki.htm

Post last edited by Neko Danshaku =^^= on 05.05.2005, 03:22 AM.

05.05.2005, 03:17 AM Neko Danshaku =^^= is offline   Profile for Neko Danshaku =^^= Add Neko Danshaku =^^= to your buddy list
nanashi
Ohmu

i found such a page.
it seems that everyone has brought together photo of the cels that has bought it with Ghibli Museum.
http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/relaxlive...an/cel_ris.html
http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/relaxlive...bekkan/cel.html

Mr.Namiki knows kinds of various animation, because he is an old fan of animations. i think, he does not want that people think that "TV-anime" is all of the animation.

In general, "Anime" and "Animation" are the same meanings, when using it as a
noun. because most people knows only the cel-animation.
the mass production of the animation, it seems to make "not animated" "Animation".

quote:
oh btw nanashi... i found you mistyped "ハウルの「ハ」の変化" with "ハウ[リ]の「ハ」の変化" in your poster homepage..
thanks..

05.05.2005, 09:54 AM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
Jiji
Oldie newbie

quote:
i found such a page.
it seems that everyone has brought together photo of the cels that has bought it with Ghibli Museum.
http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/relaxlive...an/cel_ris.html
http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/relaxlive...bekkan/cel.html

Thanks for sharing the links.

Not exactly related, but I have found a page that shows some real cels that are without backgrounds.

http://park3.wakwak.com/~romulus/celga/colect-c.html

quote:
Mr.Namiki knows kinds of various animation, because he is an old fan of animations. i think, he does not want that people think that "TV-anime" is all of the animation.

In general, "Anime" and "Animation" are the same meanings, when using it as a
noun. because most people knows only the cel-animation.
the mass production of the animation, it seems to make "not animated" "Animation".

Thanks for the information.

Interesting that there are frequent arguments and bashings in the English-based forums on the issue of the definition of "anime" in English. The majority maintains that it should mean "Japanimation," while a few contend that they should stick to the original Japanese meaning of the word and regard it as a shorthand of "animation." (and this group always gets bashed by the majority)

By the way, I have found the pamphlet and chirashi of Kiki.

Chirashi:

Pamphlet:

05.06.2005, 01:47 PM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
Neko Danshaku =^^=
Calcifer

Good day guys...

Interesting that there are frequent arguments and bashings in the English-based forums on the issue of the definition of "anime" in English. The majority maintains that it should mean "Japanimation," while a few contends that they should stick to the original Japanese meaning of the word and regard it as a shorthand of "animation." (and this group always gets bashed by the majority) (Jiji)
Wow Jiji... you have a great knowledge about it. I'm impressed But anime is already entered Oxford dictionary so it's become official now right?

PS. Ummmm.... Guys I need to have some comments for my paper... could you guys provide me with your comments? actually, most of them have discussed before but my teacher keep asking me to making it in order... you can visit www.geocities.jp/yanagi_kyoichi/poster.htm for information about what I need about it. Can you guys help me?

Post last edited by Neko Danshaku =^^= on 05.06.2005, 04:23 PM.

05.06.2005, 04:21 PM Neko Danshaku =^^= is offline   Profile for Neko Danshaku =^^= Add Neko Danshaku =^^= to your buddy list
Neko Danshaku =^^=
Calcifer

For you who visited
www.geocities.jp/yanagi_kyoichi/poster.htm
please share me your comments. I just need comments from other people since I don't allowed to have my own comment in writing this paper... the comments are dont need to be somewhat educative or something... it's somewhat the same with the discussion topic in this forum... informal language would do...

If you are not comfortable to answer by e-mail, you can use the private message facility here... I appreciate your comment... Thank you very much...

PS. I apologize for being such helpless...

05.07.2005, 12:10 PM Neko Danshaku =^^= is offline   Profile for Neko Danshaku =^^= Add Neko Danshaku =^^= to your buddy list
Jiji
Oldie newbie

quote:
PS. I apologize for being such helpless...

It's me who should apologize for not being helpful. Sorry for the late reply.

Here is just a parapharase of some of our previous discussions. Hope that you don't mind. (^_^;; )

1. Ghibli's Movie Poster and General Movie Poster
The two are quite different in design. The latter focuses on showing the most stunning or appealing scenes, aiming at capturing people's attention, and leaving them with strong impressions in their minds. The former, rather, focuses on showing the framework and the theme of the story. They may be less interesting, but serve well for their original purposes.

2. Ghibli's Movie Poster and Anime Movie Poster
There are diverging trends in the design of the anime movie posters. The majority follows the style of the general movie posters. But some are closer to the Ghibli style which put more emphasis in showing the theme and context of the movie.

3. Ghibli's Movie Poster Visual (Illust., Layout, Colors, Typography)
The design of the Ghibli posters is comparatively simple. While the other posters may have liberal use of palettes of colours and collections of various scenes, each of the Ghibli posters shows only one single scene or image. The scene shown is often not the most compelling one, but can give the viewers an accurate feeling of what the movie is about.

4. Ghibli's Movie Poster Concept/Communication
The purpose of the Ghibli posters does not lie solely on the promotion of the content of the movies, due to the fact that most people have gained the first idea of the movies through TV commercials or other forms of advertisements. They sometime serve as reminders of what the people have seen on TV some time ago, and reinforce their interest of seeing the movie. They may also be used for the promotion of the related merchandise, or even become gifts for the audience.

5. Ghibli's Movie Poster Influence/Impact
I think the significance of the posters on the purpose of promotion is declining gradually. People already have a good idea of the movie from other means of advertisements. And the posters themselves have physical weaknesses, like the limitation of size, that prevent them from gaining a greater share in the market of promotion, They are moving towards the direction of the collectibles nowadays.

6. What whould you think of Ghibli's Movie Poster?
Being not as contributive as other means of promotion, they may find the vaults of the Ghibli collectors a better place for them. Even so, they are still an insepaerable part of any promotional campaign.

EDIT: corrected some silly mistakes.

Post last edited by Jiji on 05.08.2005, 02:24 PM.

05.08.2005, 01:06 AM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
nanashi
Ohmu

to Neko Danshaku =^^=
i have posted mail to you.

i am always made to feel admiration for Jiji's writing.
i write here, too.

1.Ghibli's Movie Poster and General Movie Poster
In general, when we see the movie poster, we can imagine the outline of the movie. Whereas, I cannot imagine the content of the movie from "Ghibli' s Movie Poster ". This has great significance for me, when I am at a loss whether I go to see it or not. I might become feelings that has seen the movie only by it when a considerable part of the content is imaginable from the poster. And, I might stop going to the movie.

2.Ghibli's Movie Poster and Anime Movie Poster
Tendency of "Anime Movie Poster" looks like tendency of "Ghibli' s Movie Poster". The intention of passing on the content to people only by it is not felt from the poster by me. I can't feel the intention of telling the content to people only by the poster. It has the feature of emphasizing the film character.

3.Ghibli's Movie Poster Visual (Illust., Layout, Colors, Typography)
"Ghibli' s Movie Poster" doesn't tell the content to us.
But, it tell us the world of the movie. For instance, the bicycle version of "Whisper of the Heart" has felt their friendship, and the Blue version has a presentiment of the mysterious world. The following Topic having limited topic to a Japanese title character. Most of the title logos of Ghibli's Movie has not designed as can be used as a trademark only as itself. For instance, the seal of the logo of the movie "Star Wars" is effective as the commodity. But how about "Porco Rosso"? Ghibli gives the design to the logo of "The Princess Mononoke" and "Howl's moving Castle". However, the number is still little.

4.Ghibli's Movie Poster Concept/Communication
Concept of "Ghibli' s Movie Poster" are telling the concept of the movie to people. The brand named Ghibli has already established on people. Moreover, it is well-known according by other media that the title is a movie that Ghibli offers. They seems to be able to challenge more than a general movie for how to tell on information in the movie. I think that they has not adopted the old woman version of the poster of "Howl's moving Castl" in a usual movie. It is likely poster design of an old French movie.

5.Ghibli's Movie Poster Influence/Impact
"Ghibli' s Movie Poster" are often seen in the CD/DVD shop and the bookstore in Tokyo. They are not only the advertisements of the movie, but also advertisement of CD or Book. I think that there are a lot of people who know Ghibli in the person who goes to the CD・DVD shop and the bookstore. It might be felt for those people that there are "Ghibli' s Movie Poster" anywhere in their ranges od activity. Of course, it is thought that the load of advertising cost of the movie company can be a little.

6.What whould you think of Ghibli's Movie Poster?
My favorite is few though I am interested in the poster. The impression of "Movie Poster" is influenced by the content of the movie, especially characters. Because I am shutting out information of movie when the new work will be released. I had not seen detail of the poster as much as possible. I know the characters of the movie that has already been seen. Therefore, I am interested who is being written and their expression etc. in the poster.
-----

05.08.2005, 01:55 AM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
Neko Danshaku =^^=
Calcifer

Wow... thank you guys.

You guys are very helpful.. (snif-snif... sobbing of happy tears) Thank you again ^^

I being deadlined to finish my paper by next week, so if there's anything that need to be revised... I still have time...

If you need to know what one of Indonesian poster expert thinks about Ghibli movie poster... please download this PDF... I already translated the interview to English...
"Interview with Drs. Aznar Zacky, one of the poster expert in Indonesia" in www.geocities.jp/nekojimusho "Advertising section" I happen to interviewed him several days ago.... this is because my teacher also ask me to ask him... but he doesn't know Ghibli, but he quite understand classical Japanese posters..

If you have comment please share it to me too...

Post last edited by Neko Danshaku =^^= on 05.08.2005, 04:26 AM.

05.08.2005, 04:16 AM Neko Danshaku =^^= is offline   Profile for Neko Danshaku =^^= Add Neko Danshaku =^^= to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks