QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What book(s) are you reading right now?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions What book(s) are you reading right now? Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Britain's favorite spy... lol

Ian Flemings James Bond in "No Deal, Mr Bond"

by John Gardner

06.09.2012, 02:05 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"Heat Lightning" by John Sandford

06.11.2012, 12:35 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.12.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A Totoro picture book!!!!!!! No, I'm actually reading 2 science textbooks! Yes, chem. science and physical science. Final examssssss.....

06.14.2012, 02:30 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
AmtrakDesertWindrider
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by AmtrakDesertWindrider Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
A Totoro picture book!!!!!!! No, I'm actually reading 2 science textbooks! Yes, chem. science and physical science. Final examssssss.....

I would assume high-school finals...just wrapped up two of those today.
And I haven't just came down with writers' block, but also...reader's block! *gasp*

I mean, I was trying to delve into several Agatha Christie novels but...no avail. Same goes for my attempt at reading some earlier literature, the medieval work Piers the Plowman or some varied Enlightenment-era works.

I think I found an e-book of Matthew Lewis's The Monk, which I have been meaning to read for awhile...

06.14.2012, 02:51 PM AmtrakDesertWindrider is offline   Profile for AmtrakDesertWindrider Add AmtrakDesertWindrider to your buddy list Homepage of AmtrakDesertWindrider
San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.12.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nope. 7th Grade Finals. The Book Thief, once again. Mark Zusak.

06.15.2012, 01:19 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Nana_
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.18.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nana_ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Nope. 7th Grade Finals. The Book Thief, once again. Mark Zusak.

I am about to read The Book Thief again soon ^^
But now I am reading Narn i Chîn Húrin (The History of Middle Earth - Tolkien)

06.18.2012, 08:04 PM Nana_ is offline   Profile for Nana_ Add Nana_ to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Did a fool thing the other night, I started reading "Reilly's Luck" by Louis L'Amour in the evening... sigh

I finished it around 5AM and then went to bed...

I just get so absorbed in L'Amours books...

Thing of it was, I knew the story already. I've read the book at least 4 or 5 times already, over the years...

Post last edited by husky51 on 07.09.2012, 06:35 PM.

07.09.2012, 06:34 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nana_
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.18.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nana_ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Now reading a brazilian book, O Caminho do Poço das Lágrimas (in free translation The Path of the Well of Tears, I guess...) - Andre Vianco.
Beautiful story and illustrations *-*

07.09.2012, 10:16 PM Nana_ is offline   Profile for Nana_ Add Nana_ to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A Long Long Way by Sebastian Barry. It's beautiful and also heartbreaking.

07.19.2012, 03:23 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I need to find something to keep me preoccupied. :I Apparently after discussing my writing with a younger fellow he was quite intrigued by the originality and caution I put into one of my works. Except we were discussing my most troublesome story..

I just really want a book right now... I guess I could wait for my English classes. The only thing I'll like is getting to read. Now, if I can find books in the languages I'll be studying, that would be fun too.

07.19.2012, 08:22 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just started Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell. Wanted to find out what all the fuss was about.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.19.2012, 12:42 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Zuu
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 07.28.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Zuu Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Finally got around to read Howl's Moving Castle.

07.29.2012, 11:31 PM Zuu is offline   Profile for Zuu Add Zuu to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

What did ya think of it...

07.30.2012, 02:46 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sword Art Online, on Baka-tsuki.org

Aside from small hiccups in flow due to translation, this is a very good light novel series. Already on the last novel (ninth) in less than a week.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.30.2012, 10:56 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Zuu
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 07.28.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Zuu Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
What did ya think of it...

It took me awhile to get used to the name differences and appearances. Nevertheless, it was great.

07.30.2012, 11:25 PM Zuu is offline   Profile for Zuu Add Zuu to your buddy list
Mokiepoet
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.23.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mokiepoet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Confusion by Elizabeth Jane Howard.
Not my usual cup of tea, but I seen the BBC series and I already read the 1st 2 books, since they belonged to my Mimi.

"We're all born with selfish desires, so we can all relate to those feelings in others. But kindness is something made individually by each person...so it's easy to misunderstand when others are trying to be kind to you." Natsuki

08.02.2012, 03:30 PM Mokiepoet is offline   Profile for Mokiepoet Add Mokiepoet to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I'm so confused!!! lol, sorry, couldn't resist...

08.03.2012, 01:58 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
miky88
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 07.31.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by miky88 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Jiji
I am currently reading volume 4 of My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute (Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai)," the light novel which will get an anime adaptation later this year. My next leisure reading is probably Eiga Douraku by Toshio Suzuki (<- Tavern members should be able to recognize this guy straight away ) .

But then I should be reading International Investment Law right now instead. Exams are coming next week. :x

I have ust finished reading Fallen. And halo and I have started to read an new book by Amanda Hocking called Wake[QUOTE]

08.03.2012, 09:54 AM miky88 is offline   Profile for miky88 Add miky88 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

'Bourne Imperative' by van Lustbader

09.15.2012, 12:18 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Mokiepoet
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.23.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mokiepoet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My grandfathers 1942 edtion Of Human Bondage.

"We're all born with selfish desires, so we can all relate to those feelings in others. But kindness is something made individually by each person...so it's easy to misunderstand when others are trying to be kind to you." Natsuki

09.15.2012, 02:47 PM Mokiepoet is offline   Profile for Mokiepoet Add Mokiepoet to your buddy list
[  «    ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks