QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What book(s) are you reading right now?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What book(s) are you reading right now? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"A Heinlein Trio" by Robert A. Heinlein...

contains the stories

The Puppet Masters;
Double Star and
The Door into Summer.

12.05.2010, 01:06 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Gilead by Marilynne Robinson.

IT'S SO GOOD. SO SO SO GOOD.

12.29.2010, 11:08 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"Wild horses" by Dick Francis...

and "Hundred-Dollar Baby" by Robert B. Parker before that...

12.30.2010, 09:37 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

"Catacombs" by Anne McCaffery (of 'Dragon Riders of Pern' fame) and Elizabeth Ann Scarborough

01.02.2011, 12:13 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"I Shall Not Hate" by Dr. Izzeldin Abuelaish. It's a very touching, very tragic story...

Post last edited by Mush on 01.02.2011, 04:30 PM.

01.02.2011, 03:34 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't really like reading tragic stories when I know they're going to end badly...

I'm reading The Gift of Rain by Tan Twang Eng. Pretty cover...pretty good book.

01.02.2011, 01:44 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I have always had an interest in old American Indian cultures and lifestyles. I am now reading a non-fiction dealing with the Apache Indians and particularly Cochise and Geronimo... Just started today and already learning some interesting things about Cochise...

I left the book at work, but I'll bring it home tomorrow and edit in the title...

01.05.2011, 12:25 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Almost Like Being in Love by Steve Kluger. A little hard to get into but now I can't stop...I started with cheering for the obvious main characters but now, there's a third and I don't know how things will ever work.

It's taking me extra long because I kinda don't want to know. For fear, ya know? xD

01.10.2011, 05:30 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

On Friday I marathoned volumes 3-6 of Scott Pilgrim. It was really good! I want to see the film now. I hear the trailer isn't a great representation of it, which is lucky because I didn't find it very encouraging.

And now I'm reading The Unconsoled by Kazuo Ishiguro. Pretty weird so far, and supposedly it becomes far weirder.

01.10.2011, 07:49 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

I don't really like Kazuo Ishiguro...people think I'm crazy.

The Vanity of Human Wishes by Samuel Johnson. It's a poem but it's quite interesting.

01.11.2011, 11:36 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

If you've read Never Let Me Go and didn't like that, then you are indeed crazy.

01.12.2011, 06:58 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

That's actually the one I like least of the ones I have read. I will explain one day when I don't have to write things that are actually for marks. >_<

01.13.2011, 10:21 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Oh. That's a shame...

01.13.2011, 01:28 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

I'm sorry. Hugs?

I need a new book. Anyone read anything really clever lately? Any kind of clever, really.

01.13.2011, 09:42 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Fen

I've read some good books lately.

Gilead by Marilynne Robinson is really good. I'm reading The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by... I forget who. But that's also very good. Aaaaaand I haven't read it recently, but The Book Thief is definitely the best book there ever was.

01.14.2011, 02:35 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

"Bones" by Jonathon Kellerman

01.14.2011, 11:12 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Animenewbie
Calcifer

Registration Date: 10.24.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Animenewbie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

reading 2 books at the moment;

Pet Sematary by Stephen King
and
man and a boy by tony parsons

not read far enough to have any opinions yet

01.15.2011, 08:04 PM Animenewbie is offline   Profile for Animenewbie Add Animenewbie to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

"The Plains of Passage" by Jean Auel

(#4 in the 'Earth Children' series)

Just came across it the other day after a buddy of mine and I had discussed the week before. It was on the shelf for sale at the library...

I had read the first three many, many, many years ago when they first came out...

Looking for #5 'the Shelters of Stone' or something like that...

01.20.2011, 01:12 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"For One More Day" - Mitch Albom.. started it a while back, now finishing it...

01.20.2011, 10:44 AM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

"Private Eyes" by Jonathan Kellerman

He is a clinical psychologist that works a lot with a gay LAPD officer...

==================================

finished "The Edge" by Dick Francis

Going to read "Widows" by Ed McBain next... (for about the fifth time)

Post last edited by husky51 on 01.29.2011, 11:38 AM.

01.23.2011, 05:41 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks