QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - I am out of animes! Need some suggestions!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » I am out of animes! Need some suggestions! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 03.10.10
I am out of animes! Need some suggestions!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sencha Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi!

I have watched everything by Ghibli.
I have watched 5 cm per second, Jin roh, Summer wars, the girl who leapt through time, The place promised in our childhood days.

I would really appreciate if you could suggest something interesting to watch! I prefer movie animes, I am not big fan of endless series of animes, so if it is several episodes I dont mind! I really like sentimental stuff, something similar to 5 cm per second or girl who leapt through time! I really enjoyed summer wars as well! Ghibli stuff, I like everything, maybe except tales of the earthsea!

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

10.29.2010, 09:23 AM Sencha is offline   Profile for Sencha Add Sencha to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Since you've watch 5cm Per Second and The Place Promise in Our Early Days, you should also see Voices of a Distant Star.

And as you like The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, I'd recommend the Haruhi Suzumiya series and film, as they similarly combine slice-of-life with science fiction. I know you said you don't really want to watch series, but with Haruhi I think it's best if you've seen the series before the film. And it's definitely worth it!

10.29.2010, 10:03 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Sencha
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 03.10.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sencha Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks Arren, i will check out both of your suggestions!

10.30.2010, 12:39 AM Sencha is offline   Profile for Sencha Add Sencha to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You might also check out the list of 103 aniime that is listed in General Discussion... There may be something there that will interest you...

find the title and check it out on Wiki...

10.30.2010, 02:32 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks