QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - True or False
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » True or False » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

True, but only from force of habit...

the next person believes his/her country is the best in the world, but would rather be living in Fiji...

05.27.2015, 11:43 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

False! While the US does have issues, it isnt the best country for me. That would be Japan or Italy.

The next person's favorite Ghibli movie was directed by Takahata.

05.28.2015, 08:50 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Mm, tricky one. Whisper was my favourite for years but recently I think Only Yesterday may have overtaken it!

The next person has fallen off their bike.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 05.28.2015, 11:47 AM.

05.28.2015, 11:46 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LOL yes... recently. 3 (consecutive) times. In the pitch black of rural Ghana dirt roads. Ow.

The next person has been really excited for an event and then been so disappointed by it that they regret going in the first place.

05.28.2015, 12:24 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah. Something that comes to mind was when I went to the New Year street party last/this year (it was good the first time!). We were late in going so we managed to miss the interesting stuff, sober up just in time to be there and have to just make the most of what was left. It wasn't completely devoid of fun but it was a big letdown and I somehow ended up with leg pain that stuck around for weeks afterwards.

The next person learnt languages in school that they can't remember anymore.

05.28.2015, 03:52 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

False, I never took language in public sch, but in college and I do remember quite a bit. I've never been fluent, but with a bit of time, I can understand and/or make myself understood...

The next person's favorite pizza is a sausage, pepperoni, mushroom, olive and cheese combination...

05.28.2015, 08:05 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

False. I prefer pepperoni with extra chillis, a meat feast or a quatro stagioni.

The next (British!!) person loves to have a bonfire and fireworks in their own garden on November 5th rather than pay to go to an organised firework show.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.29.2015, 03:52 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

False. Too much hassle! I've never had to pay to go to it, so that's not an issue. It's not as if I've bothered going to bonfires/fireworks for many years anyway...

The next person has had a pet that would often be considered unusual.

05.29.2015, 06:49 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

False? I've only ever had two cats.

The next person's favorite decade comes before the 90's.

05.30.2015, 07:45 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

True!!! My favorites were the 60's and 70's...

(Gee, not too many in the Tavern were even around back before the 90's... lol)

The next person likes to knit or crochet...

05.30.2015, 07:24 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Um. No.

Before they discovered Ghibli the next person was quite happy with western animation but now wonders what on earth they were thinking.

05.31.2015, 04:02 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Not really. A lot of the western cartoons I enjoyed as a kid still hold up, and lately there seems to have been a big improvement in children's shows. Obviously I love Ghibli films, but to me they're just one example of the many things I enjoy, and I don't view things as "Ghibli vs all of western animation".

The next person is ambidextrous.

05.31.2015, 08:55 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

True! Its weird, I can do everything with both hands except eat and write. I eat with my left hand and write with my right hand. Weird.

The next person has brown eyes.

06.01.2015, 12:54 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

True. I'd much rather have grey or blue, but they're alright.

The next person hasn't been to a beach for years.

My Anime List

06.01.2015, 09:43 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

False. Was just at a beach in Accra a couple weeks ago.

The next person prefers mountains to beaches.

06.01.2015, 05:53 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

False, I much prefer being at or near a beach...

The next person prefers to sit and read a good book rather than engage in a sport...

06.02.2015, 02:27 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

So true!

The next person would rather swim at a beach than a pool.

06.02.2015, 07:20 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

True! I guess. I'm not super good at swimming at either place, but I definitely enjoy the beach more than the pool.

The next person is more of a dessert than a dinner person.

06.03.2015, 12:39 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Hmmm, not really. I do love desserts, but other food is great too. I don't think I could say I prefer one over the other.

The next person is quite certain of their earliest memory.

Post last edited by arren18 on 06.03.2015, 05:09 AM.

06.03.2015, 05:09 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Yes. I was probably less than 2 years old and got a painful jab in my arm at a doctors, probably a vaccination. I was crying my head off and I clearly remember the nurse holding me and saying it doesn't hurt. Lying cow.

The next person prefers magical girls to vampires (in anime).

Post last edited by Saddletank on 06.03.2015, 05:03 PM.

06.03.2015, 10:59 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  «    ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks