QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - LOVE
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » LOVE » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6    »  ]
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Personally, I'm quite happy being alone. But at the same time, a little sad.

It seems one of my close friends likes my ex now. This always seems to happen. And they never ask my opinion, they only expect I accept it. Well, I love her, so I could care less.

I'd like to go on a date someday though. I'd like to know what it's like.. I've never hung around guys before. None of them have ever wanted to be my friend..

If anything, when I'm older, I'd like to be with someone slightly younger than myself, who likes cats. And preferably tall and lean. If they're older, they'll likely be near my height to a little above, and.. I dunno, weird. XD

04.11.2011, 12:26 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.25.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I get your point, your friend could have asked your opinion about it, FFF, indeed. To your friend you should be honest about such things, at least that's what I think.

Love is a strange thing isn't it? Personally I am looking forward to saturday catch up with a male friend who I always liked very much.
I don't know if it's wrong, but I kinda see it as a date Hope he agrees LOL. If not, we'll have a fun day anyway

04.11.2011, 04:56 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

In a way, I feel a little used. It makes me sad. And she talks about making moves on him in front of me. I only ever mention anything if she talks about how there's also a gay guy after him (who I never really liked). I just think it's funny her competition is a man, but that boy probably won't choose any of them. He fits all her requirements. I just sort of wish she could have told me sooner. It's.. I dunno. It doesn't make me hate her at all, I love her, but it makes me sad. I guess.

04.11.2011, 07:58 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

... I kind of want to be in love. But at the same time, I'm not interested in anybody. And I don't want the whole dating responsibilities/make-time-for-each-other thing. I just want someone who will stand up for me no matter what, against all the hardships. And who I can stand up for too.

Maybe life has been about work and projects for too long, and I'm tired of having acceptance take the form of a letter grade.

grargle...arg..h.

Fine, okay, okay, I'll get back to studying! Can you tell I'm not enjoying statistical mechanics?

Post last edited by Mush on 04.14.2011, 08:50 PM.

04.14.2011, 08:50 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mushka
... I kind of want to be in love. But at the same time, I'm not interested in anybody. And I don't want the whole dating responsibilities/make-time-for-each-other thing. I just want someone who will stand up for me no matter what, against all the hardships. And who I can stand up for too.

Maybe life has been about work and projects for too long, and I'm tired of having acceptance take the form of a letter grade.

grargle...arg..h.

Fine, okay, okay, I'll get back to studying! Can you tell I'm not enjoying statistical mechanics?

You just described my life. <3 Sort of.

It'd be nice to be in love, to have that unconditional someone...but at the same time, there's nobody that I have feelings for. And I'm kinda happy with the letter grades atm. Don't know how long that'll last though.

04.15.2011, 12:18 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

But at least you ladies aren't expected to be wed by 16 or so or be considered an 'old maid' as it was in the past... (NO, not my past, I'm not quite THAT old)

Take your time and don't be in a rush because time is passing... If it is meant to be, then it will happen...

And that goes for young men and young women both...

When I was 24-5 or so, I got a bit panicky and hooked up with a girl (OK, woman ) about my age and even moved to another city to be with her. But, I came to realize that what she wanted in life did not match what I wanted (things in life after marriage). I then met my wife and we had some pretty good years and three kids. Then things seemed to fall apart, probably a bit of blame on both sides in communication, etc., but we were together for 27 years.

Anyway, that was me and not necessarily what is in store for everybody. Like the saying goes, if life deals you lemons, make lemonade...

04.15.2011, 03:41 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My first experience of love was in primary, i was rejected quite normally, it was my first try but i dunno if i have the guts (yet...) to try again, reassurance maby?

04.15.2011, 05:30 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@hope...

read above^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

04.15.2011, 09:11 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I think, because I was raised by a teacher who hates grading and homework, I detest grade letters. D: And testing. But I can't think of another solution.

Technically, I'd like to wait for romance until I'm out into the world, quite literally, but that is.. at least seven years away. So that seems a little long, I suppose? XD But I'm enjoying the ideas that come into my head as to how to properly manage these seven years. I've never wished to grow up, but merely to have more experience in life. I think I might have pretty different views from other people. I miss being a little kid, but I would never want to go back through what I did. I think this is easily explained in my novel where the main couple take photos with or of each other all the time to leave memories, or instances of ones, because they know those moments won't last, and neither will they. Photos and memories are so dear to me.

04.16.2011, 09:01 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, sigh, update:

Remember the friend I talked about before, who I visited on saturday and somehow saw that as a 'date'. I kinda liked him, but I had no clue of his feelings for me, if there were any. Let's call him M.

Well, I went to M and his friend S was with him. A few days later I received a message from his best friend S, with whom he always shares everything, that he likes me very much and wanted to spend some time with me.

For me it was kind of a shock haha, since I never saw it coming and I didn't feel anything for S.
But I said, well just as friends we can meet up.
So we lunched together, played videogames, chatted you know, it was fun but I found him way too shy and nervous. Nothing for me, since I am quite alike that wouldn't work and he isn't my type. I am more into his friend, M.

But we had a fun day and my family speculated about me and S. of course. They really liked him.

Now..what happened, M. asked me to gou out with him, to a nightclub near my town. My friend would join us, but she eventually couldn't make it so it was just M and me. We had fun, danced together and well...when we went back home, he kissed me. Woah Sigh, it felt so right. But I don't know if I am in love yet, I just really like him. So...we spend some time together and talked about many things. And we will soon meet up again and surely sort things out and taking our time. Since I just broke up with my ex-boyfriend, I don't want to have a relationship again right away. And I don't know about him, we didn't talked about it yet.

But..the problem is now, it was kind of unexpected, since I didn't knew M. liked me as well. But his best friend S is also in love with me, and doesn't know about this. I don't really know what to do, just tell him and hurt his feelings or..just keeping quiet and wait untill things get serious with M?

I don't want to be a subject of fights between them :-( If that should happen, i don't really know. But what I do know is that M was dissapointed that S didn't told him of his ''meeting'' with me, since they always share things. And when M. text messaged S. he didn't answer...

Sigh..

Post last edited by Kemi on 05.08.2011, 05:22 PM.

05.08.2011, 05:19 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hm... that's not a good situation for S. You're very fortunate that M likes you back. But you should either tell S right away, or make sure that M does. If I were in S's situation and didn't know that the person I liked was dating my best friend, it would feel much worse to be left in the dark about it than to be told openly.

05.08.2011, 08:50 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Yes, you are right. I don't want to hurt S., since he is an amazing friend and very kind to me. But as for now I don't know how serious things will get, still, he has the right to know. Thank you, I will tell him the truth, just what has happened and how I feel now.

05.09.2011, 12:43 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
hopexx5
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, you've been lucky enouth to exsperience love.
I dont know my head from my ass with it, and likely still wont for quite a while.

Post last edited by hopexx5 on 05.09.2011, 01:47 PM.

05.09.2011, 01:46 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So, I'm in this relationship. The guy is very nice, funny, we're well suited in many different ways and when I'm with him I have a lot of fun. However, whenever I'm not with him I'm just constantly feeling like crap about the whole situation. I'm naturally quite jealous and he has a bit of a past that I can't help but feel weird about. I have a lot of problems with erm, commitment and believing that people like me so I'm basically just insecure 24/7. And the thing is, I know it's not his fault at all, he's a lovely boy and I know he'd never do anything to intentionally hurt me - it's all just my own mental disaster zone when it comes to this stuff. Yet I'm already so sick and tired of feeling this way, and constantly worrying and thinking about him. I find myself terrible company at the moment :|

I don't really see what there is I can do about the situation though. I wouldn't want to break up with him at all and I like him a lot but I just feel awful about it all the time. Ugh.

05.11.2011, 07:02 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
hopexx5
Totoro

GOOD NEWS! i have had a hint that one of my friends likes me quite allot.

05.12.2011, 06:28 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

BAD NEWS! I have a feeling one of my friends likes me quite a lot.

WHAT DO I DO?!

Last time a friend liked me and I went along with it, it kinda ended badly.

(I'm happy for you though, hopexx, as long as it's mutual. ^^)

05.12.2011, 08:13 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I'd say, Fen, if you don't like the person in that way, and if you take the hint when they're around and if they tell you, you should reject them, but do it kindly. Don't mess around with the feelings of others. It can really hurt them. u.u;

05.13.2011, 07:38 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Fen

I've been in that situation. About three times. Never fun.

What I would do is if he says anything about liking you you should just kindly explain that you don't feel the same way. That's the only thing that I can think of... For me things always get sort of awkward afterward, but after a little while everything gets back to normal. I don't know. I hope that helps, haha. XD

05.13.2011, 03:46 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by hopexx5
Well, you've been lucky enouth to exsperience love.
I dont know my head from my ass with it, and likely still wont for quite a while.

Yes, you are right about that. I praise myself lucky with all that I've experienced yet. Also, with the attention I get lately. I also am not used to it, believe me, when I was 15 years old I was ugly, weird and was being bullied. No guy liked me, at all. Now I'm older, I am feeling more secure about myself and who I am. I notice now I even can flirt a bit LOL xD
Still, I am ridiculously shy and the first move will never be mine I fear.

But I am sure your time will come, I know it's hard, but try to be patient and to learn more about yourself and what you wish for in a girl. I am sure you will eventually feel good about it and that you will end up in a great relationship. It may not be the first the best, but later on you will get really happy. I believe so

As for me..I think I am seriously starting in love with M. I was googling his photos and he is really lovely, handsome, manlike, sweet and caring and last but not least; VERY funny

05.13.2011, 04:23 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

@Hopexx, I now see your last post. Forgive me, I didn't noticed yet. That's GREAT news! You see, just be patient.. I hope you will like her back and that you guys can go out and get to know eachother even better And maybe then you'll eventually end up in a warm, happy relationship. Just be kind to her, loving, caring..and GO FOR IT! Believe in yourself, I mean, you seem a nice guy to me, sweet and you are also handsome. Don't be ashamed, just try to be a little more secure about yourself. I am sure you can do it

05.13.2011, 04:27 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks