QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Finding English Language......
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Finding English Language...... » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 02.20.11
  Finding English Language......Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by DiLyn Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I love all the movies i've seen. The problem i'm having is:
Finding the English language on the movie.
I'm not sure some of the ones i have are in English or not.
One is The Cat Returns...Kiki's Delivery Service...ect.
What are the characters for English or are these not in English?
I love them regardless...
Thanks.

02.20.2011, 03:50 AM DiLyn is offline   Profile for DiLyn Add DiLyn to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I seem to be able to use the remote button for subtitles... if available, it will click thru english, chinese, french, etc

other than that, only one time have I had to search for the subtitle in japanese characters and that was just hunting and clicking every space that I could until, by luck, finding the proper characters...

good luck, and welcome to the Tavern, btw....

02.21.2011, 08:31 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
dballred
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by dballred Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

All of the Ghibli theatrical releases except Only Yesterday have English dubs. Two of them, Totoro and Castle in the Sky, have more than one dub available. Only Yesterday has been held up for western cultural sensitivities on the topic of menstruation.

02.27.2011, 05:03 AM dballred is offline   Profile for dballred Add dballred to your buddy list Send an Email to dballred Homepage of dballred
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dballred
All of the Ghibli theatrical releases except Only Yesterday have English dubs. Two of them, Totoro and Castle in the Sky, have more than one dub available. Only Yesterday has been held up for western cultural sensitivities on the topic of menstruation.

Which IMO is totally rediculous!!! I felt that it was dealt with as a natural part of the movie, a big part in a young girls life, which is what the movie was about, remembering her past at a pivotal time in her life!!!

sheesh

I'm surprised that these same idiots didn't complain about the bath scenes in Totoro...

02.27.2011, 02:02 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
I'm surprised that these same idiots didn't complain about the bath scenes in Totoro...

They did.

02.27.2011, 02:40 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks