QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Please Help Japan
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions Please Help Japan Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 03.15.11
Please Help JapanPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by mami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi, there is a message i want to send to the world.
It would be great if you post the web site version
on your facebook or twitter. Thank you.
http://dayof0311.web.fc2.com/index.html

To the people around the world.

Hi, my name is Mami and I live in Tokyo.
On March 11th, Japan faced a disaster.
An earthquake with a seismic intensity of 9 hit Japan.
According to the March 14th newspaper,
about 2,000 people died and more than 12,000 people are still missing.
Most of the people who survived lost everything. Their jobs, homes and families.
Now they spend times at a shelter but there is not enough food,
water and their physical strength is lost day by day.
It is said that recovery of this tragedy would take years.

When the earthquake happened, I was working at my office
which is at the 35th floor of Ebisu (Tokyo).
I saw shelves falling down, chairs moving back and forth, and people screaming.
My body was trembling and I couldn't think of anything.
I thought I was going to die.
I prayed for hours.

Luckily I had no injuries and was able to come back home,
but when I came back home and saw the news,
and knew what happened to the people of Tohoku-region,
I was ashamed of myself feeling relief.

4 days has passed since March 11th.

The Japanese government is still continuing the rescue,
and now a lot of countries have expressed support.
I don't know how to thank the support.
Thank you so much.

Also I thank the people for their attention to the news.
I fear that when days pass, people would start forgetting about it.
Indifference leads to death.
I believe that the world attention leads to faster recovery and rescue.
So please, pay attention to us.

Thank you so much for what you have done to us.
I cannot appreciate you enough. 
Thank you.

03.16.2011, 08:13 PM mami is offline   Profile for mami Add mami to your buddy list
Takuto
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Takuto Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I will be sure to spread the news. I'm still deeply upset about what's happened in Japan, I can't get over it =(

03.16.2011, 08:14 PM Takuto is offline   Profile for Takuto Add Takuto to your buddy list
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi Mami,

Like many others, I donated to the Red Cross relief effort for Japan. There is a big campaign going on at my university to raise funds. Similar efforts are happening in many places around the world. I hope that it makes a difference.

I'll do my best to spread your message.

気をつけてください。

Take care.

03.17.2011, 03:06 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
mami
Susuwatari

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by mami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi Takuto and Mushka,
Thank you so much for your message.
With the negative situation Japan is facing,
I have to try to be positive.
Your words gave me strength to move forward.
Thank you for saying that you would spread the message.
Thank you so much for everything.

03.17.2011, 06:27 AM mami is offline   Profile for mami Add mami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I, too, have donated to the Red Cross and likewise know of a number of local fundraisers going on here in Southern California....

Strength....

03.17.2011, 08:31 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I am one of the few who cant afford to donate, but i hope japan recovers as fast as possible.
Or though unlike others, i managed to put this behind my and stay cheerful.
(edit) or though a bit extreme... i will donate one of my killing streaks on halo to japan.

Post last edited by hopexx5 on 03.17.2011, 06:56 PM.

03.17.2011, 10:54 AM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
Rossdude
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.13.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Rossdude Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

We're rooting for Japan!!

03.17.2011, 04:55 PM Rossdude is offline   Profile for Rossdude Add Rossdude to your buddy list Homepage of Rossdude
supertrf
Tanuki

Registration Date: 04.03.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by supertrf Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

頑張れ!日本!頑張ってください、まみ(真美?)さん !
僕は中国人、でも俺たちが日本を支持です。

We all hope Japan can renaissance and though I have no credit card but my father have donate to 日本赤十字社。

Wish everything will goes on to you and Nihon.

同光!
俺は宮崎駿監督のアニメーション映画が大好き!
スタジオジブリの映画が一番!
えど、アニメとライトノベルはお宅の精神食品が!
日本の文化は最高だ!
I love Chinese culture, Japanese culture and USA culture!
And I think animation is my best enjoyment in which Miyazaki Hayao's movie is the best!

04.04.2011, 02:31 AM supertrf is offline   Profile for supertrf Add supertrf to your buddy list Send an Email to supertrf Homepage of supertrf
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think that we all care and donate according to our separate abilities... Many schools are having fund raising drives, etc at all levels...

Go, Japan!!!

Recovery!!!

04.04.2011, 11:45 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Still haven't donated... i feel guilty in a way... i haven't donated via a school eather because im home educated.
I have however prayed to the water, something a japanese man asked people to do at 12noon some days ago.

Post last edited by hopexx5 on 04.04.2011, 01:34 PM.

04.04.2011, 01:31 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks