QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - crushes on anime characters
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » crushes on anime characters » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 03.23.11
  crushes on anime charactersPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arabianmau Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I grew up on anime, and here in the middle east, they were dubbed into arabic. Much better than any english dubbing.
For anyone who ever had a crush on an animated figure, enjoy this article!
esp if you like Miyazaki.....

http://www.thenational.ae/thenationalcon...nimated-my-life

03.23.2011, 03:26 PM arabianmau is offline   Profile for arabianmau Add arabianmau to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A nice little article... I have always loved cartoons, even back when they were only seen on black and white TVs. I even had cartons and cartons of comic books, alas all gone now. Then when Alakazam the Great movie came out in 1960, (I was fourteen or so) I thought WOW!, cartoon movies.....

Later on, I was busy raising a family, etc and only watched cartoons on the tube and then I saw Spirited Away. That started me on my love of anime, especially Studio Ghibli. Now, because of my membership in the Tavern, I have come to meet some great people from around the world and spread my interests on to other anime, and even manga, as well. But my favorites will always be Ghibli..

I just re-read this article and noticed this little quote by Hayao Miyazaki at the start. so apt, from my point of view...

"Is someone different at age 18 or 60? I believe one stays the same," said Hayao Miyazaki,

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.03.2011, 09:36 AM.

03.26.2011, 09:28 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Takuto
Calcifer

Registration Date: 03.15.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Takuto Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow, a member who has seen the 60's! (don't take that in a bad way, I think it's cool) That's a neat article too. There is a certain appeal to cartoon/anime characters that, even if they aren't too "idealized", can surpass actual human beings sometimes.

03.27.2011, 05:54 PM Takuto is offline   Profile for Takuto Add Takuto to your buddy list
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Is it safe to say that when i was younger i had a crush on shizuku?

03.28.2011, 09:19 AM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
teto omega
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.22.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by teto omega Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i probably have a crush on nausicaa or princess mononoke

03.30.2011, 05:25 PM teto omega is offline   Profile for teto omega Add teto omega to your buddy list
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's a really neat article. I never thought about how anime influences people in places like the Arab Emirates. But no surprise, it's just the same as here! (Although I bet you're right that Arabic dubbing is better than English). I agree a lot with most of what the author says.

04.01.2011, 01:06 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Heidi80
Ohmu

Registration Date: 02.03.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Heidi80 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by teto omega
i probably have a crush on nausicaa or princess mononoke

Same here, especially San/Mononoke.

04.01.2011, 09:08 AM Heidi80 is offline   Profile for Heidi80 Add Heidi80 to your buddy list
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My sister has crushes on a bunch of anime boys. Now she insists that she won't get married unless she can find a boy with a similar personality to her crushes.

This would be fine, except for the fact that the kind of anime she watches features rather unrealistic male characters. She probably will never find the boy she desires.

But just ignore me. I'm just ranting about my crazy sister. And besides, there are lots of cute anime girls I like.

04.01.2011, 02:12 PM  
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by hopexx5
Is it safe to say that when i was younger i had a crush on shizuku?

Present tense for me

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

04.02.2011, 02:30 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I wouldn't say I have a crush on her, but she is adorable.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

04.12.2011, 01:30 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks