QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Who is the better character animator?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions Who is the better character animator? Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Umfrage: Who, of the listed, is the better character animator?
Don Bluth
Miyazaki Hayao
Results
Author
Warawara

Registration Date: 05.11.05
  Who is the better character animator?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Konan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Don Bluth or Miyazaki Hayao?

“Miyazaki is the greatest living animator… His frames are brilliantly, sunnily ‘lit’, with exhilarating shifting perspectives and cinematic movement, and a drawing style that is as detailed and dense as Brueghel.” — Philip Lopate, Film Comment
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

05.30.2005, 09:32 PM Konan is offline   Profile for Konan Add Konan to your buddy list
Neko Danshaku =^^=
Calcifer

Registration Date: 04.21.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Neko Danshaku =^^= Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Never aware of Don Bluth name.... so I don't feel any emotional affection toward his name.... sorry

Post last edited by Neko Danshaku =^^= on 05.31.2005, 04:02 PM.

05.31.2005, 03:53 PM Neko Danshaku =^^= is offline   Profile for Neko Danshaku =^^= Add Neko Danshaku =^^= to your buddy list
Jiji
Oldie newbie

Registration Date: 01.15.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Neko Danshaku =^^=
Never aware of Don Bluth name.... so I don't feel any emotional affection toward his name.... sorry

Same for me (^_^;; ). I was puzzled when I saw this name. A google search found a number of films that he involved in, but I have heard of none of them, except the Disney classic of Sleeping Beauty, in which Bluth worked as an uncredited assistant animator.

Maybe I should pass my voting right to all those who are familiar with this animator . Sorry about that.

05.31.2005, 04:59 PM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
randorp
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.11.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by randorp Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Miyazaki Hayao duh... castle in the sky was amazing

07.11.2005, 03:14 PM randorp is offline   Profile for randorp Add randorp to your buddy list Send an Email to randorp Homepage of randorp AIM Screenname: FireFox1012
Goddess Nayru
Tanuki

Registration Date: 09.18.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Goddess Nayru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Miyazaki! Miyazaki!!

Evil Enough For You?

09.18.2005, 09:33 PM Goddess Nayru is offline   Profile for Goddess Nayru Add Goddess Nayru to your buddy list
Evo2Totoro
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 09.20.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Evo2Totoro Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Gotta be Miyazaki

09.21.2005, 10:50 AM Evo2Totoro is offline   Profile for Evo2Totoro Add Evo2Totoro to your buddy list AIM Screenname: Corrianda Evie
IluvHowl06
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.19.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by IluvHowl06 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

basically, miyazaki because most members probably join for the sake of his movies

04.02.2006, 08:33 PM IluvHowl06 is offline   Profile for IluvHowl06 Add IluvHowl06 to your buddy list
Sunchaser
Totoro

Registration Date: 02.22.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sunchaser Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Miyazaki definitely!!! And I'm not familiar with the Don Bluth name either...

First signature made by kittycatjess. Thank you so much!
Second signature also made by kittycatjess...it's our joint sig!
Third signature made by mpw3d . Thank you!

04.07.2006, 05:26 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
dballred
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by dballred Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Miyazaki.

Don Bluth, for those who don't know, did The Secret of Nimh.

05.05.2006, 12:29 AM dballred is offline   Profile for dballred Add dballred to your buddy list Send an Email to dballred Homepage of dballred
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks