QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ghibli quotes.
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Ghibli quotes. » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  ...    »  ]
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It involves a city and the country.

08.16.2012, 05:23 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Calforsale

yeah yeah

are you kidding me

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 08.16.2012, 05:37 AM.

08.16.2012, 05:36 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Calforsale
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by saviour2012
quote:

yeah yeah

are you kidding me

a bit actually since this was a clue for a previous quote lol, but the city/country is most important in this film (IMO).

08.16.2012, 07:25 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Jelly
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.20.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jelly Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Could it be Only Yesterday? I've only watched it one time, long ago but it feels like that song could be in it..maybe.

08.16.2012, 01:39 PM Jelly is offline   Profile for Jelly Add Jelly to your buddy list Send an Email to Jelly
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by saviour2012
quote:

yeah yeah

are you kidding me

a bit actually since this was a clue for a previous quote lol, but the city/country is most important in this film (IMO).

Now where have I heard that clue before???

I'm thinking along the lines of Spirited Away...

Post last edited by husky51 on 08.16.2012, 05:20 PM.

08.16.2012, 05:18 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Calforsale
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by Jelly
Could it be Only Yesterday? I've only watched it one time, long ago but it feels like that song could be in it..maybe.

Yep thats the right movie!

I think the whole country/city thing is biggest in this movie.

Now which scene?

08.16.2012, 09:11 PM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Is it the scene where haku and chihiro are flying back from zenibas and they talk about how they first met when haku was a river spirit??

08.18.2012, 06:12 AM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by Wikidkid101
Is it the scene where haku and chihiro are flying back from zenibas and they talk about how they first met when haku was a river spirit??

Lol sorry but its Only Yesterday!

08.18.2012, 06:22 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh I remember that song in the film... Is it at the very end? I don't think it was in an earlier scene anyway.

08.18.2012, 11:16 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Wikidkid101

Lol sorry but its Only Yesterday!

Whoops didn't read it properly, thought you meant huskys guess was correct, didnt read the quoted part!! Haha!!

08.18.2012, 06:55 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Oh I remember that song in the film... Is it at the very end? I don't think it was in an earlier scene anyway.

Yep thats it! In the final scene/credits when she is on the train. Its the first line of the song. I thought this wouldve been easy since i think this is a famous song, The Rose, sung by Bett Midler.

Your turn.

Post last edited by Calforsale on 08.19.2012, 03:32 AM.

08.19.2012, 03:29 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hooray! Okay, I haven't seen most of them in ages, so give me some time and I'll come up with another quote very soon!

08.20.2012, 11:50 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
arren18
Administrator

Alright, here's one:

"Jeff has really aged, hasn't he?"

08.24.2012, 07:01 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Arkadian
Calcifer

Registration Date: 05.09.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Arkadian Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

No idea who Jeff might be... Hhhmmmm.... I think I'll wait for some clues

08.24.2012, 09:12 AM Arkadian is offline   Profile for Arkadian Add Arkadian to your buddy list Send an Email to Arkadian
arren18
Administrator

if nobody gets it by tomorrow evening I'll start posting clues! But first I want to give some more people a chance to try.

08.24.2012, 09:34 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Calforsale
Totoro

Ok i was totally thrown off by this Jeff lol so i did some searching on google and now i know the movie lol. But lol as my curiosity lead me to cheat i can't guess now lol. Good luck.

08.24.2012, 10:47 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Kikis delivery service where they talk about the dogs age

easy lol

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

08.24.2012, 01:29 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Arkadian
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Arkadian Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Is Jeff the name of the dog?
I need to check my subtitled version. It doesn't ring any bells... But I do remember them saying it had aged...

08.25.2012, 03:49 AM Arkadian is offline   Profile for Arkadian Add Arkadian to your buddy list Send an Email to Arkadian
arren18
Administrator

Quite right! Jeff is the dog in the house where Jiji gets stuck when he pretends to be a toy.

08.25.2012, 05:02 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Arkadian
Calcifer

Gosh, in my version is called Jeff as well... I can't believe that detail never sank in at all

08.25.2012, 06:55 AM Arkadian is offline   Profile for Arkadian Add Arkadian to your buddy list Send an Email to Arkadian
[  «    ...  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks