QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ghibli quotes.
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Ghibli quotes. » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes, PK... Can you tell me which scene?

03.03.2012, 04:00 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think I know the scene but as PK got the film I will allow PK to gueess the scene!

03.03.2012, 07:23 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Wikidkid101
I think I know the scene but as PK got the film I will allow PK to gueess the scene!

good call, wiki... thank you...

03.04.2012, 01:54 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by saviour2012
At his first visit to north America

Hayao Miyazaki Said about Art and literature
[when asked about many English cartoons are replication of his characters]

"Creativity is like a relay race,our ancestors passed the baton of creativity to us,now we need to pass it to our youngsters.Now to posses the creativity you must take others work digest it and make it your own."

when we live in a world where corporate stupid people are trying to make each and everything copyright his word is such a example of greatness.

Great quote Saviour

03.04.2012, 02:11 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

When asked about what is motto of making animation films differently

Miyazaki says:
The problems around us makes me think.So, I tried to tap into the root, but there are young people who complain that they liked the slapstick movies more.I don't want to spend the little time I have left just for the benefit of those particular young people.
How should I use my remaining energy effectively in a way which will gratifying to me, personally-- or rather, how should I use it in a way which will gratify the people concerned?The most important thing that Japanese animations should not do is define the fans as a certain kind of people, and to make movies only for those dilettantes. How can we make films that will gain the acceptance of those people who have never seen animation? We need to get near to that universality when making a movie, or it will fail after all.

This is one of the reason why his films are great.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 03.06.2012, 02:30 AM.

03.06.2012, 02:29 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Bumpity bump, best not let a good thread die....

Will someone stop being polite and just throw a quote out for everyone else to stab at?

03.08.2012, 08:13 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well we have a Quote from Husky it is just no one has got it yet, I think I know it but I said I wouldn't guess because prettykitty guessed the film, so I think PK should get first stab at the quote!!

03.09.2012, 01:08 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh right, sorry about that, i never checked the page before it :/ Its still been inactive recently so no harm in getting it going again anyway....

03.09.2012, 01:11 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
husky51
The Old Guy

So true... my opinion, since PK got the film, she should give the next quote...

the scene was when Lin asks Kamaji, "What's going on here" in Spirited Away.

Go PK, go PK!!!

03.09.2012, 01:23 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Wikidkid101
Totoro

So who is putting the next quote up?

Post last edited by Wikidkid101 on 03.09.2012, 06:24 PM.

03.09.2012, 06:24 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hmm its been a while so maybe just anyone should.

03.10.2012, 12:36 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Go for it...

03.10.2012, 04:07 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Wikidkid101
Totoro

OK.... This one is a bit easy just to get the ball rolling and get this thread moving again!!

'You can get down now.'

Have fun!!

03.11.2012, 08:59 AM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i think that was from spirited away when chihiro pulled the liver of the water source and then lin said that to her.

let me know if i am wrong[ so that i can try again]

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

03.11.2012, 01:57 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Wikidkid101
Totoro

NO!! At least I don't think it was said then, it might be but it's not what the one I have in mind

03.11.2012, 03:34 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
Wikidkid101
Totoro

I know I am double posting, but... I hate to admitt this but I believe this thread is becoming dead! People rarely visit it any more and if they do they do not post or have a stab at the quote. This is a real pitty as I really enjoyed this thread when I joined and up until the past month when it has slowly become dead!

I do not know why it has become this way in about 4 months, this was a thriving thread when I joined last november, one of the most posted on threads, on a daily basis! I think we should start another thread similar to this, maybe not with quotes though, but something else!

Post if you have any ideas. Also if no one has got my quote by the end of tomorrow evening I will reveal it.

03.17.2012, 03:00 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

No, I think that we just got sidetracked...

It almost sounds like Howl's...

yes?... no?...

03.17.2012, 03:33 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Yeah! Just need the scene!

Clue: It is a very moving scene!

03.18.2012, 06:54 AM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

wikikid dont reveal it until gmt 12+6 alright

03.18.2012, 07:00 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Calforsale
Totoro

I think why this thread has slowed down is because maybe some quotes are too hard, people may have lost interest and sometimes someone will half answer a quote, or win, but will not see the post for a long time lol so no new quote haha.

03.18.2012, 08:32 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
[  «    ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks