QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ghibli quotes.
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Ghibli quotes. » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  ...    »  ]
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Husky it may be a little bit difficult to identify
(because of my poor memory).

I think it may be from

Kiki where they [she & her cat] were only afforded to buy pancakes.

if not please tell if it is from miyazaki or takahata or others.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

07.20.2012, 06:10 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nope, not it... As far as Miyazaki or Takahata or others, I have never really thoght about that when watching Ghibli's...

I will give it one more day before I post a clue...

07.20.2012, 06:54 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Howl? when sophie cleaned all his shampoo from the bathroom.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

07.20.2012, 07:22 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You got it!!!

Your turn...

07.20.2012, 11:21 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Yahooooo!

After a lot of days finally.

I will give a quote after iftar.

07.21.2012, 04:10 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
saviour2012
Baron

Easiest

"I smell like human"

Update: As no one answered here is a clue.
It is from scene where there is a lake.

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 07.22.2012, 12:42 PM.

07.21.2012, 07:05 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by saviour2012
Easiest

"I smell like human"

I'm pretty sure that I know the movie and scene, but I am waiting to give others a shot at it. Remember, things are slow right now... Give it another day or two...

07.22.2012, 01:27 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Arkadian
Calcifer

Registration Date: 05.09.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Arkadian Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Easiest

"I smell like human"

HHmmm... unless I am very much mistaken, it is in Mononoke when San is by the lake with a wounded Ashitaka and is talking to Yakul.

07.23.2012, 04:32 AM Arkadian is offline   Profile for Arkadian Add Arkadian to your buddy list Send an Email to Arkadian
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by Arkadian
quote:
Easiest

"I smell like human"

HHmmm... unless I am very much mistaken, it is in Mononoke when San is by the lake with a wounded Ashitaka and is talking to Yakul.

Right you are.

Your turn the next is.

07.23.2012, 05:55 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Arkadian
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Arkadian Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

OK, here it goes...

quote:
...there is a place you can go. That place is here

07.24.2012, 04:08 PM Arkadian is offline   Profile for Arkadian Add Arkadian to your buddy list Send an Email to Arkadian
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
OK, here it goes...

quote:
...there is a place you can go. That place is here

Cat Returns?

07.24.2012, 06:00 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Arkadian
Calcifer

yep... where in the film?

07.25.2012, 12:05 PM Arkadian is offline   Profile for Arkadian Add Arkadian to your buddy list Send an Email to Arkadian
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
yep... where in the film?

i just can not find the right frame. cause my one is dubbed.

you can give the answer. so i can post a quote.

07.29.2012, 11:57 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Arkadian
Calcifer

It's at the very beginning... it is the introduction to the film when there is that little written speech which ends with my quote

07.31.2012, 03:10 AM Arkadian is offline   Profile for Arkadian Add Arkadian to your buddy list Send an Email to Arkadian
miky88
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 07.31.12
  quotesPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by miky88 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by leonbloy
"A pig who doesn't fly is just a pig." (Porco)

"Fio) But you're a good guy!
(Porco) No, my girl: the good guys are the ones who die. "

""Well, I give up. You just can't win against fools." (Mononoke)

"I came to see with eyes unclouded by hate." (Mononoke)

"A heart is a heavy burden." (Howl)

"Wait for me in the future!" (Howl)

"Don't cry, Risa. I don't cry, see? Though I promised to protect Ponyo... I wonder, is she is crying now?"

"Morse code) : Stupid stupid stupid stupid" (Ponyo)

"I'm afraid of myself. I don't know what I will do in anger! I don't want to kill anyone else." (Nausicaa)

"Why must fireflies die so young? " (GoF)

"May all your bacon Burn" Calcifer the mean and scary fire deamon Howls moving castle

"Really, one can't help but admire how humans can endure such a lifestyle." (Pompoko)

07.31.2012, 09:05 AM miky88 is offline   Profile for miky88 Add miky88 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Hi again, miky

We're waiting on saviour to post a quote from a Ghibli movie so we can try and guess the movie and scene...

We sometimes have to wait a day or two because of the times zones and activities of the various members...

Those were some great quotes given by leonbloy.. Could of used some of them... sigh lol

07.31.2012, 02:55 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So is there gonna be a new quote posted soon, I am back to being on here regularly again after a long break and want to get stuck into my favourite thread, but it seems as soon as I get back this thread is being really slow! Lol typical!!!

08.04.2012, 05:51 AM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I'll go ahead and post one then...

"He was a loser"

This might be a difficult one...

08.04.2012, 12:25 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51

"He was a loser"

ooo this is difficult. Perhaps a clue might be good?

08.06.2012, 10:42 PM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by husky51

"He was a loser"

castle of cagliostro ?

08.07.2012, 12:58 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
[  «    ...  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks