QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ghibli quotes.
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Ghibli quotes. » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3  4  5  ...    »  ]
Takuto
Calcifer

Registration Date: 03.15.11
  Ghibli quotes.Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Takuto Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I thought it'd be neat if we had a thread for this Share any Ghibli film quotes! I'll start with a few:

"I'd rather be a pig than a fascist."
- Marco, Porco Rosso

"A heart's a heavy burden."
- Sophie, Howl's Moving Castle

"I used to be able to fly without even thinking. Now I'm trying to look inside myself and find out how I did it."
- Kiki, Kiki's Delivery Service

04.29.2011, 03:56 PM Takuto is offline   Profile for Takuto Add Takuto to your buddy list
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"Take root in the ground
Live in harmony with the wind
Plant your seeds in the winter
And rejoice with the birds
In the coming of spring."
- Sheeta, Castle in the Sky

I love that Kiki quote by the way. I forgot about that one.

04.29.2011, 06:02 PM  
leonbloy
Warawara

Registration Date: 10.26.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by leonbloy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"A pig who doesn't fly is just a pig." (Porco)

"(Fio) But you're a good guy!
(Porco) No, my girl: the good guys are the ones who die. "

""Well, I give up. You just can't win against fools." (Mononoke)

"I came to see with eyes unclouded by hate." (Mononoke)

"A heart is a heavy burden." (Howl)

"Wait for me in the future!" (Howl)

"Don't cry, Risa. I don't cry, see? Though I promised to protect Ponyo... I wonder, is she is crying now?"

"(Morse code) : Stupid stupid stupid stupid" (Ponyo)

"I'm afraid of myself. I don't know what I will do in anger! I don't want to kill anyone else." (Nausicaa)

"Why must fireflies die so young? " (GoF)

"Really, one can't help but admire how humans can endure such a lifestyle." (Pompoko)

04.29.2011, 08:42 PM leonbloy is offline   Profile for leonbloy Add leonbloy to your buddy list Homepage of leonbloy
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A bettr idea. How about we come up with a quote, and the rest of us try to guess what movie and who said it?

For example: "Wait, I never told you my name?"

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

04.30.2011, 03:29 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
A bettr idea. How about we come up with a quote, and the rest of us try to guess what movie and who said it?

Chihiro in Spirited?

04.30.2011, 06:08 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
O-Jay88
Warawara

Registration Date: 11.29.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by O-Jay88 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:

I guess it's Seiji in Whisper of the Heart, just after they play Country Roads and Shizuku flips out.

Here's a new one: "So my face looks that funny?"

04.30.2011, 10:23 AM O-Jay88 is offline   Profile for O-Jay88 Add O-Jay88 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Calforsale
quote:

Chihiro in Spirited?

No, you have the movie right, but it is when Shizuku looks up as Seiji is walking away, after she returned for her lost book...

@O-Jay88...
Could it be from Howl's?

04.30.2011, 02:23 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

No, o-jay's right. In your scene, shizuku was wondering how Seiji knew her name.

Yours is tricky, and yeah, Howl comes to mind, or rather Sophie. But from the quote, I imagine there's laughter in the scene.

Oh wait... Tombo! It's what he said after the crash and Kiki started cracking up.

Am I right?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

05.03.2011, 07:53 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
O-Jay88
Warawara

Registration Date: 11.29.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by O-Jay88 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Oh wait... Tombo! It's what he said after the crash and Kiki started cracking up.

Am I right?

Yep, that's it!

05.03.2011, 08:16 AM O-Jay88 is offline   Profile for O-Jay88 Add O-Jay88 to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Oh yeah!

Hmm, so winner goes next? Or free-for-all?

Haven't seen a ghibli besides yamadas recently, so apologies if I misquoted this part.

"You don't have to force yourself to finish it."

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

05.05.2011, 07:52 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Calforsale
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Only Yesterday? Said by the mother in the pineapple scene?

05.07.2011, 07:40 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Heidi80
Ohmu

Registration Date: 02.03.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Heidi80 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:

Yeah I think it's from that scene too

05.09.2011, 05:29 AM Heidi80 is offline   Profile for Heidi80 Add Heidi80 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Heidi80
quote:

Yes, I just verified it myself. the exact English words...

Ghibli quote:

"Go where you will, you're free"

05.09.2011, 09:31 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
quote:
Originally posted by Heidi80
quote:

Yes, I just verified it myself. the exact English words...

Ghibli quote:

"Go where you will, you're free"

San talking to yakul the red elk?

05.10.2011, 05:44 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

so easy, huh... lol yes, that is correct...

Ok, here's another one...

"You say he's a friend of yours?"

05.11.2011, 12:06 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Wow, ambiguous.

Have a suspicion its from spirited away though...

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

05.11.2011, 07:56 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

no, not the right answer...

05.11.2011, 11:53 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Calforsale
Totoro

hmm this is very hard. Is it Kiki's?

05.12.2011, 12:25 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Heidi80
Ohmu

Registration Date: 02.03.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Heidi80 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah this is really hard. I don't recognize it at all. And as Whisper of the heart and The cat returns are the ones I've seen less times and I don't recognize this at all I suspect it's from one of them

05.12.2011, 05:49 AM Heidi80 is offline   Profile for Heidi80 Add Heidi80 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
hmm this is very hard. Is it Kiki's?

YES...

When Kiki and Granma and Bertha are watching the airship pulling Tombo into the air...

05.12.2011, 08:08 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  1  2  3  4  5  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks