QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ghibli quotes.
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Ghibli quotes. » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  ...    »  ]
Arkadian
Calcifer

Registration Date: 05.09.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Arkadian Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nausicaa, when N. and the twin brother of the dead girl (Ashbel or something like that) are under the Fukai and he tries the very nutritious something-or-other (chiko?) nuts.

06.22.2012, 04:52 PM Arkadian is offline   Profile for Arkadian Add Arkadian to your buddy list Send an Email to Arkadian
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yep, got it in one...

Your turn again...

06.22.2012, 05:36 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Arkadian
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Arkadian Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

OK, easy one:

"I am going to check on Jii-ji"

06.24.2012, 12:55 PM Arkadian is offline   Profile for Arkadian Add Arkadian to your buddy list Send an Email to Arkadian
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

OK, reading the quote seems to tell which FILM it is, but which SCENE offhand, I don't know. I gotta look for it...

06.26.2012, 03:12 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Arkadian
Calcifer

OK, BIG clue:

here it comes...

Appearances can be deceiving!

06.26.2012, 02:07 PM Arkadian is offline   Profile for Arkadian Add Arkadian to your buddy list Send an Email to Arkadian
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Arkadian
OK, BIG clue:

here it comes...

Appearances can be deceiving!

It's been so long since i watched a Ghibli movie.... But if i get the chance in the next day or two ill make sure its this one.... No doubt husky will have gotten it by then though

06.26.2012, 09:59 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
husky51
The Old Guy

Not until tomorrow night at the earliest....
========================================
Well, I couldn't find the quote in the film that I thought it was... More thinking is required...
I watched one movie and have scanned thru 6 others and can't find it offhand...

I totally have no clue...
the name is baffling me...

Post last edited by husky51 on 06.28.2012, 02:09 PM.

06.27.2012, 02:24 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Arkadian
Calcifer

Well... let's see... You'll find Jii-ji on top of a very strange looking observation tower.

Post last edited by Arkadian on 06.28.2012, 06:36 PM.

06.28.2012, 06:33 PM Arkadian is offline   Profile for Arkadian Add Arkadian to your buddy list Send an Email to Arkadian
husky51
The Old Guy

dammit, I had a long explanation written and it disappeared...

Suffice to say, after watching Nausicaa, nothing...

I'm stumped...

06.29.2012, 04:59 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Arkadian
Calcifer

No. it isn't in Nausicaa

06.29.2012, 07:36 AM Arkadian is offline   Profile for Arkadian Add Arkadian to your buddy list Send an Email to Arkadian
husky51
The Old Guy

You're spelling of 'Jii-ji' leads me to believe that it ISN"T from Kiki and the observation tower thing, I thought of the tower when the plane with the egg crashes in the valley of the wind or the space ship (sub?) tower when the Ohmu are attacking, but that wasn't right either...

Need another clue, Arkadian...

06.29.2012, 01:16 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Arkadian
Calcifer

The spelling is as in the sub, so i assume no responsibility as to its correctness.

Another clue... The tower is in the shape of some sort of double pyramid... From it you can see a forest.

That's two clues now

Post last edited by Arkadian on 07.01.2012, 07:02 AM.

06.29.2012, 05:56 PM Arkadian is offline   Profile for Arkadian Add Arkadian to your buddy list Send an Email to Arkadian
husky51
The Old Guy

I've got a couple of more movies to check before I give up...

07.01.2012, 01:35 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Arkadian
Calcifer

I know the quotation might be a bit obscure, but I would have thought the film would be quite clear by now.
Oh, and yes, the film is "mainstream"

07.01.2012, 02:48 PM Arkadian is offline   Profile for Arkadian Add Arkadian to your buddy list Send an Email to Arkadian
husky51
The Old Guy

groan... you ain't helping.... lol

07.01.2012, 03:40 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Jelly
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.20.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jelly Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hm, could it be Princess Mononoke, just in the beginning, when Ashitaka goes to see that old man in the tree, before that pig (Nago?) appears?

07.01.2012, 03:51 PM Jelly is offline   Profile for Jelly Add Jelly to your buddy list Send an Email to Jelly
Arkadian
Calcifer

Hurrah!!! That's the one (well, except the "pig" bit... it is actually some kind of giant boar )

I knew this was going to be a bit more difficult than usual as the character (Jii-ji) is minor at best... but I could not resist tricking you into thinking that it was fomr some other film (right husky51? )

Your go, Jelly

Post last edited by Arkadian on 07.01.2012, 04:25 PM.

07.01.2012, 04:24 PM Arkadian is offline   Profile for Arkadian Add Arkadian to your buddy list Send an Email to Arkadian
husky51
The Old Guy

No kidding around... I took Princess Mononoke to work tonight to check out just that scene... Only possible tower that I could think of, but my laptop refused to co-operate and play the disc...

Good show, Jelly...

07.02.2012, 03:36 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Arkadian
Calcifer

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
No kidding around... I took Princess Mononoke to work tonight to check out just that scene...

Erm, can I apply for a position within tour company as soon as there is an opening?

07.02.2012, 06:27 AM Arkadian is offline   Profile for Arkadian Add Arkadian to your buddy list Send an Email to Arkadian
husky51
The Old Guy

Actually, it is a security company and I've been sitting in the desert for 8 hrs at a time. I finally told the boss that it was too much. It was tearing me up and it was tearing up my van too much from driving over the access roads (if you could call them roads) and pulling co-workers out of the sand...

besides Mononoke, I also took Spirited Away with me to check out the bathhouse and spirit city to see if there was a tower in there... I was just totally stumped as to just where it might be. That was a good quote, Arkadian.

Post last edited by husky51 on 07.02.2012, 12:39 PM.

07.02.2012, 12:19 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks