QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Hello and help!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions Hello and help! Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4    »  ]
Jiji
Oldie newbie

Registration Date: 01.15.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by nanashi
wow! i thought that "new loo" is "牛肉".
such as "青椒牛肉絲'.

Hehe "new loo" may sounds like 牛肉 in Mandarin (niu ru), but not very close to the word in Cantonese (ngau yuk)

quote:
Originally posted by LillyKimilly
Wanna try another slang? How about "Pull down your pants to break wind"? (jiji) oooook......*looks around scared*
Hehe is the "looks around scared" your guess?

quote:
yay i got it working!! the video is cute!!! sweet angel with cute wings which i want!!!!!!
Congrats! But doesn't our beloved angel of love has her own wings? Or is she planning to take the cute wings off the sweet angel?

quote:
teehee my friends are always correcting me on my grammer and pronounciation for english!! It gets strange when you travel to a different part of england and you cant understand someone talking english just because of thier accent.....
This is a more serious problem for me . I can hardly understand the American English, and I suppose no Westerner can understand my own English that has a heavy local accent. Well, it defeats the purpose of learning a foreign language when I can't even communicate with the others properly by using it.

quote:
ive ordered grave of the fireflies and howls moving castle ( book) from amazon woop! very cheep 2!!!
That's great. I am sure you will enjoy both of them a lot . (but well, not exactly "enjoy" in the case of Grave... )

06.19.2005, 06:21 PM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
LillyKimilly
Tanuki

Registration Date: 06.02.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by LillyKimilly Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i cant understand american accent much...i went to america a few months ago and spent most of my time nodding and smiling.... but thier still nice people...i have general hearing problems, like someone says something but i hear it different. tht gets me into trouble sometimes...like the time my pe teacher sed she ounce had problems with her tubes..watever thy are and i thought she sed she had a problem with her boobs, to which i xcliamed loudly tht i didnt want 2 know. teehee 1 hour detention and most of it was her laughing at me..

aahhh the only annoying thing about amazon is it takes ages for stuff to get to you....like howls moving castle is 7 to 14 days...at least books arnt regionalised....well ones in the same language anyway....teehee....

love vand hugs

i have angel wings but thier hanging from my ceiling..............

06.20.2005, 04:14 AM LillyKimilly is offline   Profile for LillyKimilly Add LillyKimilly to your buddy list
Neko Danshaku =^^=
Calcifer

Registration Date: 04.21.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Neko Danshaku =^^= Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

========================================
yay i got it working!! the video is cute!!! (LillyKimilly)
Well done comrade!! 8]
It's da best v-clip ever!!

This is a more serious problem for me . I can hardly understand the American English, and I suppose no Westerner can understand my own English that has a heavy local accent. Well, it defeats the purpose of learning a foreign language when I can't even communicate with the others properly by using it. (Jiji)
Many people here (Indonesia) are also speak English with local accent which make English doesn't cool at all!!
However, if I speak English w/ a fairly English accent.... my friends wont understand 'em.... so who is fault??
FYI I can mimic accent very quick than understanding a language... I can fairly mimic Francoise and German accent but don't understand the language.... It's helpful to understand the original language...
However it's also fun to learn "English in Japanese accent"... not every original english is amusing...

aahhh the only annoying thing about amazon is it takes ages for stuff to get to you....like howls moving castle is 7 to 14 days...at least books arnt regionalised....well ones in the same language anyway....teehee.... (LillyKimilly)
You're still lucky... My country has been blacklisted from E-Commerce... so I can order but the product won't arrive!! Many stupid hackers here love to steal CC account

Post last edited by Neko Danshaku =^^= on 06.20.2005, 05:15 AM.

06.20.2005, 04:52 AM Neko Danshaku =^^= is offline   Profile for Neko Danshaku =^^= Add Neko Danshaku =^^= to your buddy list
Jiji
Oldie newbie

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
i cant understand american accent much...i went to america a few months ago and spent most of my time nodding and smiling.... but thier still nice people...i have general hearing problems, like someone says something but i hear it different. tht gets me into trouble sometimes...like the time my pe teacher sed she ounce had problems with her tubes..watever thy are and i thought she sed she had a problem with her boobs, to which i xcliamed loudly tht i didnt want 2 know. teehee 1 hour detention and most of it was her laughing at me..

I'm sorry to hear that you have hearing problems and even get dententions for them . Do they stay with you for a life time, or can they be cured?

I try to get used with the US accent by listening to the US podcasts. I think I am getting better , but still cannot have my twisted tongue untwisted.

quote:
aahhh the only annoying thing about amazon is it takes ages for stuff to get to you....like howls moving castle is 7 to 14 days...at least books arnt regionalised....well ones in the same language anyway....teehee....

Eww I have no credit card and can never order stuff from Amazon. Hehe maybe I will be able to get one when I get into the university . But I am not sure if I will be admitted...

quote:
i have angel wings but thier hanging from my ceiling..............

Hehe a stylish designer's touch. Maybe I should set up a trap to catch an angel for home decoration.

quote:
Originally posted by Neko Danshaku =^^=
Many people here (Indonesia) are also speak English with local accent which make English doesn't cool at all!!
However, if I speak English w/ a fairly English accent.... my friends wont understand 'em.... so who is fault??
FYI I can mimic accent very quick than understanding a language... I can fairly mimic Francoise and German accent but don't understand the language.... It's helpful to understand the original language...
However it's also fun to learn "English in Japanese accent"... not every original english is amusing...

Cool! I suppose accent is something that dooms you for a lifetime, at least for me and my friends. You are seemingly a born-to-be good learner of foreign languages.

And talking about the Japanese English, my friends laugh everytime they hear the Japanese pronounciation of "McDonald's"

06.21.2005, 07:12 AM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
LillyKimilly
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by LillyKimilly Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

teehee i use my dads credit card then pay him back.

lol the hearing problems arnt medical..its just how i am..lol....but it was ok in detention some of my friends were there 2 and we make up amuzing things and activiteies 2 pass the time......teehee

i loves my angel wings, cute feathery ones but they are small so i cant wear them....

there are sooo many american accents!!! go to a different part and its all different and u feel confused..teehee or thats just me teeeeheee..but they have cheap cds, books etc....onli thier dvds dont work over here!!!! unless you have the ever so handy multi regional dvd player...teehee

love you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

06.21.2005, 10:27 AM LillyKimilly is offline   Profile for LillyKimilly Add LillyKimilly to your buddy list
nanashi
Ohmu

Registration Date: 01.27.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

angel wings, my imagination has expanded to Mimi wo Sumaseba/Shiawase na Jikan. as for this, though its not the angel wings...

and the Night Heron says, putting this wing in here, when 3 times it applies to the light of the full moon, it obtains strange power. when someone attach it to own back, anyone can fly through the sky freely.

Hurry up! Shizuku. if he uses that wing...

"McDonald's" what?

Post last edited by nanashi on 06.21.2005, 01:30 PM.

06.21.2005, 01:30 PM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
Neko Danshaku =^^=
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Neko Danshaku =^^= Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Cool! I suppose accent is something that dooms you for a lifetime, at least for me and my friends. You are seemingly a born-to-be good learner of foreign languages.
And talking about the Japanese English, my friends laugh everytime they hear the Japanese pronounciation of "McDonald's" (Jiji)

Thankie... The matter is to defeat yourself 8] Try to mimic any languages! it's fun... but I think it'll be very hard for you to mimic a strong "R" just like Spanish or Italian.... luckily Indonesian also used strong "R" (and "L" if compared to neighbouring country Malaysia and Singapore.. so I think Indonesian should be easier to mimic a weak "R" just like English or Francoise... but many of them don't....

Which "McDonald's"?
"マックドナルド (Makkudonarudo-Tokyoites)" or "メイックディ (MeikkuDi-Osakan)"
Indonesian called it "McD".. How do you call it?

quote:
teehee i use my dads credit card then pay him back. (LillyKimilly)

That's admirable! Our angel of love is not a spoiled girl ^^ she's strong enough to be responsible to pay back his father (is he the God of Angel )

quote:
i loves my angel wings, cute feathery ones but they are small so i cant wear them.... (LillyKimilly)

Perhaps you should get an XL size

quote:
angel wings, my imagination has expanded to Mimi wo Sumaseba/Shiawase na Jikan. as for this, though its not the angel wings...(nanashi)

Nice imagination I can see myself there accompanying Shizuku

06.24.2005, 06:28 AM Neko Danshaku =^^= is offline   Profile for Neko Danshaku =^^= Add Neko Danshaku =^^= to your buddy list
LillyKimilly
Tanuki

my father is no god of anything apart from laziness. he looks like the little monk in Mononoke Hime but abit taller...teehee!!

teehee my wings are 4 decoration not wearing but i really want 2 wear them.

im lost.. wats with the mcdonalds talk????.lol me slow like a.......slug....

love you

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

06.24.2005, 08:40 AM LillyKimilly is offline   Profile for LillyKimilly Add LillyKimilly to your buddy list
nanashi
Ohmu

Registration Date: 01.27.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
(Neko Danshaku =^^= )

Which "McDonald's"?
"マックドナルド (Makkudonarudo-Tokyoites)" or "メイックディ (MeikkuDi-Osakan)"
Indonesian called it "McD".. How do you call it?
oh, thats right.
in Tokyo we called it "Mac"/"マック (Makku)", but in Osaka they called it "McD"/"メイックド (MeikkuDo)".
for people lives in Tokyo, McDonald's Mac equal apple's Mac.

06.24.2005, 09:20 AM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
Neko Danshaku =^^=
Calcifer

quote:
my father is no god of anything apart from laziness. he looks like the little monk in Mononoke Hime but abit taller...teehee!! (LillyKimilly)

Sounds like the same as Chihiro's father to me

quote:
im lost.. wats with the mcdonalds talk????.lol me slow like a.......slug....(LillyKimilly)

Apparently, when Japanese try to spell English word... it would sound a little funny to certain country with certain language. And in this case, it's HK (Jiji's Koriko )!! But there are two kind Japanese spelling of "McDonald" that famous in Japan. In Tokyo they call it "Makku" shortened from "Makkudonarudo", but in Osaka (Japan 2nd largest city), it's called "Meikkudo" from world-famous initial "McD". And I just curious which spelling that sounds funny in HK

quote:
oh, thats right.
in Tokyo we called it "Mac"/"マック (Makku)", but in Osaka they called it "McD"/"メイックド (MeikkuDo)".
for people lives in Tokyo, McDonald's Mac equal apple's Mac (nanashi)

Oh! I was thinked that it's "MeikkuDi" thanks for the correction.. I knowed this difference from a gag anime AZUMANGA DAIOH... but it's amusing to know that McDonald's and Macintosh are the sounds the same to Tokyo people
My Indonesian name is Michael... so I wonder if me too called "Makku" in Tokyo

Post last edited by Neko Danshaku =^^= on 06.24.2005, 02:28 PM.

06.24.2005, 02:22 PM Neko Danshaku =^^= is offline   Profile for Neko Danshaku =^^= Add Neko Danshaku =^^= to your buddy list
Jiji
Oldie newbie

Wow even angels high up in the heaven have credit cards at their disposal... Seems like I am the only living caveman in this capitalistic world (^_^;; ). I wonder if Liliy can order an XLLLL feathery wing (or the more advanced self-adjusting retractable high-speed wing ) through ebay by use of your dad's credit card?

The few pages of Shiwase na Jikan is intriguing. A pity that the manga is not available here . Maybe Nanashi can give us a brief summary of the plot of the story? Hehe thanks a lot.

On the topic of languages, just like Japanese, Cantonese has no "R" pronunciation. But the Beijing dialect (Mandarin) has some of the strongest and most frequent use of "R"s among all the languages of the world. It is terrible but also bewildering that some Beijing people dish out money to carry out surgeries on the tongues of their children (cut a part of the muscles that connect it to the floor of the mouth) as they believe that it can help the kids to roll thier tongue more efficiently and pronounce the English "R" more properly. ( =_= )

And for the McD talk, my friends somehow feel マックドナルド is funny for no reason at all. My mum also laughed when I said 野菜, as "yasai" is very close to a curse word in the chaozhou dialect.

06.24.2005, 03:28 PM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
LillyKimilly
Tanuki

野菜 wat tht mean???

McDonald is scottish isnt it? normally a sirname and the name of a huge burger company...who are yucky!!!

Teehee i'll pluck a few white chickens and make my own...lol

No Chihiro's dad is slimmer and has more hair than my dad..teehee

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

06.24.2005, 04:34 PM LillyKimilly is offline   Profile for LillyKimilly Add LillyKimilly to your buddy list
Jiji
Oldie newbie

野菜 means raw vegetables in Chinese, and vegetables in Japanese (with the pronounication of "yasai".

Oh I pity those white chickens who have to sacrifice themselves for the love of our angel.

And yea in case you are interested, deck brushes are also great for flight. According to a young witch, they have superb acceleration/cruising speed and good performances in rapid maneuvering. The drawback is that they are quite unstable and difficult to control. Maybe you can spread your love to the white chickens and get one of these instead.

I read somewhere that "Mc" and "Mac" originally means "Son of" in the ancient times. So McDonald's early ancestor might be someone with a surname of "Donald." Still I am not sure which son in the family line would bother to add a Mc to his surname.

06.25.2005, 04:31 AM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
LillyKimilly
Tanuki

i wont kill the chickens!! im a vegatarian i dont eat meat!!! i'll just pluck a feather every so often till i have some pretty wings...which i will decorate with glitter!! nice and sparkly..teehee

all of the sons maybe..or the first one if its an old brittish thing.......i dunno... but y were u tlking about McDonald??

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

06.25.2005, 10:06 AM LillyKimilly is offline   Profile for LillyKimilly Add LillyKimilly to your buddy list
Neko Danshaku =^^=
Calcifer

quote:
On the topic of languages, just like Japanese, Cantonese has no "R" pronunciation. But the Beijing dialect (Mandarin) has some of the strongest and most frequent use of "R"s among all the languages of the world. It is terrible but also bewildering that some Beijing people dish out money to carry out surgeries on the tongues of their children (cut a part of the muscles that connect it to the floor of the mouth) as they believe that it can help the kids to roll thier tongue more efficiently and pronounce the English "R" more properly. ( =_= ) (Jiji)

OMG! It's awwfull... we don't need to have that kind of surgery just to say "RRRRR"..... it's only a matter of habit..
quote:
And for the McD talk, my friends somehow feel マックドナルド is funny for no reason at all. My mum also laughed when I said 野菜, as "yasai" is very close to a curse word in the chaozhou dialect. (Jiji)

Hmmm... n how do chaozhou people say "野菜"?
I think every language that close to each other may sound funny.. we speak Indonesian which is basically Malay (spoken in Singapore and Malaysia)... so we can fairly understand each other without many problems... but somehow Malay is sound too rough for us... such as they say "Betina" (female) addressing to women, yet Indonesian address it only for female animals... but I heard that Malaysian (and Singapore) people comments that Indonesian language is far sounded like a barbarian language....!!
quote:
And yea in case you are interested, deck brushes are also great for flight. According to a young witch, they have superb acceleration/cruising speed and good performances in rapid maneuvering. The drawback is that they are quite unstable and difficult to control. Maybe you can spread your love to the white chickens and get one of these instead.(Jiji)

Great idea for Lilly that is living in England... isnt it the closest country to Harry Potter maybe he still have some broom to share
quote:
i wont kill the chickens!! im a vegatarian i dont eat meat!!! i'll just pluck a feather every so often till i have some pretty wings...which i will decorate with glitter!! nice and sparkly..teehee (LillyKimilly)

Vegetarian just dont eat meat... it doesnt mean they dont dare to kill chickens I wonder if you go to Japanese or Chinese restaurant that heavily add meat to their ingredients.... they often share 50-50 of vegetables and meats.... I like vegetables.. but not the greenies...

oh and I dont refuse meat... since as a cat we naturally should eat mice, bird, or fish

btw I was 2 years ago drawed angel wings... and please dont compare my work w/ Miyazaki's as my works are far much uglier...

The heart-wings is one of my campus work and it demands a title for it... so I just title it w/ a dull title "Pure Love" in Indonesian... It actually multi-coloured and untitled... sorry that I made some editing... the original is look so bad to me...
The angel-girl is an angel I named her Eirin "エイリン" and I was planned to make a doujin manga titled "QT天使" or "QT Angel"... but I cancelled it since it would boring me.... ^^;

Post last edited by Neko Danshaku =^^= on 06.25.2005, 04:26 PM.

06.25.2005, 03:34 PM Neko Danshaku =^^= is offline   Profile for Neko Danshaku =^^= Add Neko Danshaku =^^= to your buddy list
LillyKimilly
Tanuki

I eat at chinese restaurants!! i just pig out on vegetable spring roles and bamboo teehee

Those pictures are so cute!! appart from the part she is half naked ;p teehee..........such a man!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

06.25.2005, 06:03 PM LillyKimilly is offline   Profile for LillyKimilly Add LillyKimilly to your buddy list
Jiji
Oldie newbie

quote:
Hmmm... n how do chaozhou people say "野菜"?

I am not sure of the Chaozhou pronounication of 野菜, but I know the dirty word "eat poo" sounds very near to "yasai." . Btw the Japanese term for "greeting," 挨拶, means "suffer from (挨) being beaten/squeezed (拶)" in Chinese. (^_^;; )

quote:
Great idea for Lilly that is living in England... isnt it the closest country to Harry Potter maybe he still have some broom to share

And it's by far much cooler for an angel to fly on a broom ! It's too boring to see another winged angel. Flying on a broom would definitely make Lily stands out from the others! (and probably like a cool angel from the darkness 8]).

quote:
quote:
i wont kill the chickens!! im a vegatarian i dont eat meat!!! i'll just pluck a feather every so often till i have some pretty wings...which i will decorate with glitter!! nice and sparkly..teehee (LillyKimilly)

Vegetarian just dont eat meat... it doesnt mean they dont dare to kill chickens

Neko Danshaku has his point . And I still feel sorry to see the white chickens "nudified" for the love of our angel .

quote:
The heart-wings is one of my campus work and it demands a title for it... so I just title it w/ a dull title "Pure Love" in Indonesian... It actually multi-coloured and untitled... sorry that I made some editing... the original is look so bad to me...
The angel-girl is an angel I named her Eirin "エイリン" and I was planned to make a doujin manga titled "QT天使" or "QT Angel"... but I cancelled it since it would boring me.... ^^;

Both are very well-drawn. But I slightly like the heart more as its is more three-dimensional with better shadings.

06.26.2005, 08:22 AM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
Neko Danshaku =^^=
Calcifer

quote:
Those pictures are so cute!! appart from the part she is half naked ;p teehee..........such a man!! (LillyKimilly)

Thanks but why "such a man"?! It's better than drawing a half naked male angel.. it would make me look like a gay...!! well... this is one of my expression toward beauty of feminism btw I personally love the flow of the long ribbon that covered her body....
quote:
Both are very well-drawn. But I slightly like the heart more as its is more three-dimensional with better shadings (Jiji)

Thankyou... it's a campus task but I just got B well it's very hard to earn an A here.... those stupid teachers dont want to give an A since it would look like student already pass the ability of their own teacher... what a stupid opinion... >_< My friend said that I influenced a lot by Final Fantasy.... no!! It's my original idea!! and I dont recall FF when I drawed it.... >____<

Post last edited by Neko Danshaku =^^= on 06.27.2005, 01:37 AM.

06.27.2005, 01:26 AM Neko Danshaku =^^= is offline   Profile for Neko Danshaku =^^= Add Neko Danshaku =^^= to your buddy list
LillyKimilly
Tanuki

twas a joke my darling she is very pretty...does it matter if you are gay? there is nothing wrong with it.............. but do do a half naked man for the sake of us females if u feel the urge 2 draw one ;p teehee.....

wow do you guys like Harry Potter?? (as in the books..the movies were nowhere near as good!!!) the woman who wrote Harry Potter is english!! wat do you guys think of it??

love you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post last edited by LillyKimilly on 06.27.2005, 11:14 AM.

06.27.2005, 11:08 AM LillyKimilly is offline   Profile for LillyKimilly Add LillyKimilly to your buddy list
Jiji
Oldie newbie

quote:
wow do you guys like Harry Potter?? (as in the books..the movies were nowhere near as good!!!) the woman who wrote Harry Potter is english!! wat do you guys think of it??

Hehe nowhere in my previous posts had I ever mentioned Harry Potter (except the quotes ). I was indeed talking about the deck brush of Kiki the young witch-in-training in Kiki's Delivery Service (seems like you haven't watched it ). Count all the Potter stuff on Neko Danshaku as he was the one who brought it up .

A fan art of Kiki as a Hogwarts student

(posted here without permission of the artist ^^;; )

I have read all of the six Potter books. My friends prefer the translations. But I stuck myself to the original English versions instead. Having to consult the dictionary every now and then during my reading really killed much of the enjoyment. In fact I fell asleep when I was reading the first chapter of the first book. But soon I was hooked and could not pull myself off from it until I had finished the last.

And yea the movies stink. Definitely no match with Rowling's original story . Btw I wonder what a Miyazaki-produced Potter animated movie would be like?

quote:
Thankyou... it's a campus task but I just got B well it's very hard to earn an A here.... those stupid teachers dont want to give an A since it would look like student already pass the ability of their own teacher... what a stupid opinion... >_< My friend said that I influenced a lot by Final Fantasy.... no!! It's my original idea!! and I dont recall FF when I drawed it.... >____<

Ugh... some teachers are just like that, with stubborn minds that are beyond redemption... Yet we have no choice but to live with them...

P.S. I am now reading "Barry Trotter," a parody of the Potter story.

06.27.2005, 12:10 PM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
[  «    1  2  3  4    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks