QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ideas for starting a small buisness?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Ideas for starting a small buisness? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Ideas for starting a small buisness?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thom here just wanting to know if any of you have any cool suggestions for a starting a small business.
I'm very keen to get myself started in this area and have toyed with getting into hospitality (cafe or Bar) but i'm thinking that its far to ambitious to start with, especially for a 20 year old kid.
I have also thought about supplying stuff for companies etc
very keen for your suggestions

07.03.2011, 05:27 AM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

first of all, a 20-year old KID you ain't... a 20-year old man with ideas would be more appropriate, to my thinking.

First of all, assess your strengths and capabilities. In what areas are you strong and what areas are you weak. An honest assessment is essential. Then go from there. I can't go any farther than that because anything further depends on you. What do you like to do? What are your hobbies, if any? That can have a great impact on any choice you make because it shows where your interests lie.

Good Luck, my friend...

07.03.2011, 11:08 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

What's your budget? If you know your financial limits, you'll at least know what sort of business you can't afford to go into. I would guess, and bear in mind I know very little about business/finances/your particular situation, but I would guess that unless you have inherited a sizable amount or have been working like crazy since your early teens and saving every penny, then a cafe is probably out of reach. But I think a bar would still be a possibility.

Post last edited by Orphic Okapi on 07.04.2011, 10:54 AM.

07.04.2011, 10:53 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i guess my strengths lie in art and design, which i never decided to gain certification through
my hobbies are; Art, animation, circus, exercise, martial arts and books, music and film. so you think i should look into these fields husky?

budget hmm not sure i am thinking to begin with something small maybe even ran from home if possible ( till i could afford to do more) That's an interesting way of looking at it yeah...so i'm quite strapped for cash, as im hitting japan in few months with mates.. but i was hoping to start next year with about 10-30 grand AUS
A bar ? really?! that seems way to ambitious for me, but it would be epic.

Post last edited by Farren on 07.05.2011, 06:54 AM.

07.05.2011, 06:52 AM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You go with your strengths, Farren. It would be foolish to try and start-up something in which you have no experience at all.

07.05.2011, 10:07 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

If you're any good, photography sounds like a better prospect. A friend of mine runs a bridal photography studio while still schooling.

Or if you're feeling hardworking enough, opening a craftshop might be more practical, since it can also double as a stationery shop, which is a safe venture either way. If you have the space, you can even reserve a corner for people to work away. Some hobby shops I know provide tables, and sometimes even loan equipment, for hobbyists to work away.

Heck, you could even hold art lessons, or rope in a partner who can teach art. Be a good crowd puller, especially the kids.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.06.2011, 11:35 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Farren
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yeah your right...

photography hmm?
wow there good ideas!,i've never really spent much time doing photography but its a novel idea.
hmmm thanks Roar!

07.07.2011, 05:36 AM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Maybe try fining what there is a lack of in your area, and what demand there would be for it, and what locals are imterested in and with that choose something you'd be able to/enjoy doing.

07.10.2011, 03:34 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks