QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Your thoughts on Boys who like being girlish.
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions Your thoughts on Boys who like being girlish. Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Umfrage: Boys who like being feminine
Ok with it
Not ok with it
Neither, (please note what)
Results
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5    »  ]
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sorry to be slow! We don't have to keep up this debate if it means beating more of those poor horses to death (whew, this is a tough one!) but I wanted to clarify something I wrote...

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
quote:
You brought up that a sex change is a type of bodily harm and thus akin to suicide.

Whoa, HUGE leap there. I never said anything of the sort.

My exact words were: "Personally, I will never approve of anyone who goes under the knife just because they are unhappy with themselves. Sex change, to me, is very similar to the lines of boob jobs and botox and whatever is the trend now. Very superficial and shallow."

I was referring to people who felt the need to change themselves externally just to feel good. Hence that last line.

The exact words I was actually replying to were:

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
The argument is that suicide is, in the end, the choice of the individual. Family and friends aside, these people have made the decision to end their lives, and barring mental illness, have full consciousness of their actions. So why are we preventing them their right to this choice? It seems odd that we allow body mutilation and even see it as a freedom of expression, but somehow revolt at the idea of someone else's life ending willingly.

But maybe I misinterpreted or gave undue weight to your statement there.

Anyway, I do think there are decisions I can make which others have the right to object to, and decisionis I can make which others have no right to object to. Even if hurt feelings, pride, and reputation are at stake. I identified my way of distinguishing between them, and that puts sex change unambiguously in the "my decision" camp (although if the surgery is very risky, the family would have a right to object, just as with any risky endeavour).

See you in the next thread, eh!

Post last edited by Mush on 08.07.2011, 12:20 AM.

08.07.2011, 12:19 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lets just keep this in mind... Or though Roar and a few others are not cool with transgender... those people do exist and they need are support, Along with Cross-dressers and the whole lot they can be rather nervous people, surely its better for us to support them rather than not regardless of are religious beliefs? (This may seem like a attack on religion but its not, i am known to think outside of the box)

Post last edited by hopexx5 on 08.10.2011, 10:56 AM.

08.10.2011, 10:56 AM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
hopexx5
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This topic seems to of died down so im going to try and revive it a bit.
Do any of you know any cross dressers? (preferably not gay ones)

10.01.2011, 03:58 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes, I do. He's not gay.

10.01.2011, 07:44 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Most cross-dressers are heterosexual.

10.01.2011, 09:26 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I know one. I always knew her as a he until after a few months she told me otherwise; I think she prefers to be known as male so I still refer to her as he, even if partially out of habit.

My Anime List

10.02.2011, 12:11 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I haven't been aware of any cross-dressers, at least not knowingly. Although, come to think of it, there were a couple of them in a bar in Subic Bay, Philippines, but I think they were there as part of the entertainment.

10.02.2011, 01:11 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
hopexx5
Totoro

*bump*
I think this topic is worth reviving, as one of society's current unacceptable things.

To be honest i think people need to stop listening to what the big boys say and decide there real opinions on it. I think its quite acceptable, In fact im one of them if one must know. But thats another story.

02.19.2012, 07:17 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Maybe we could discuss how different things of it are acceptable and not acceptable across the world?

02.19.2012, 08:08 PM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
AmtrakDesertWindrider
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by AmtrakDesertWindrider Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Would this topic necessarily cover bronies?
Just wondering...

02.20.2012, 03:05 AM AmtrakDesertWindrider is offline   Profile for AmtrakDesertWindrider Add AmtrakDesertWindrider to your buddy list Homepage of AmtrakDesertWindrider
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh God no. They've already infected every other site I visit. Not here tooooooo. D8

*Constructs a fort for defence against the brony invasion.*

But seriously.

I don't think there's a lot more discussion to be had on the subject, we're a cool bunch here, no-one's going to stand up and tell you you're wrong for being you. Do you have some specific aspect of the topic you're wanting to discuss further?

My Anime List

02.20.2012, 04:44 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

...brony? Judging from Kaz' reaction... I feel like I shouldn't ask. xP

02.20.2012, 06:20 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
...brony? Judging from Kaz' reaction... I feel like I shouldn't ask. xP

lol i looked it up. not too scary.

02.20.2012, 06:55 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have a very traditional outlook at life personally, BUT I think there needs to be room for a liberal look on things in the world. People should support others in whatever decisions they make in life no matter what they are.

Even though I am traditional I have huge respect for Liberal Ideas and I think people need to except the world is becoming more liberal and that is the way forward, I mean more people are getting human rights, that years ago would not be socially acceptable for example Gays and Lesbians. It is the way forward so I think it is hypocritical to except liberal ideas for others but not for those who choose to be a crossdresser or to have a sex change.

It is like saying that people in dictatorial countries in Africa are allowed Human Rights because they have been deprived from them while other countries have taken them on and thrived, but then turning around and saying to those who already have basic Human Rights in democratic countries like the UK or the USA and say to them they can't be a crosdresser or have a sex change because it is not within the norm of society.

It is one of them things that is going to take a while for society to except just like giving women equal rights to men and just like giving equal rights to gays and lesbians!!

I hope this helps to revive the debate, don't know if this all makes sense it is just a brain spew of everything I think about the subject!

02.20.2012, 10:21 AM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by AmtrakDesertWindrider
Would this topic necessarily cover bronies?
Just wondering...

I don't see why it would, since that's just a matter of personal taste. Similarly, whether or not somebody likes, say, the colour pink, isn't really part of the discussion either.

02.20.2012, 01:58 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
AmtrakDesertWindrider
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by AmtrakDesertWindrider Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
Oh God no. They've already infected every other site I visit. Not here tooooooo. D8

Chill bro.

And from personal observation, I could say at least one of the latest MLP characters is a dead ringer for Nausicaä.

ADW: This thread now has been derelled...

02.20.2012, 03:32 PM AmtrakDesertWindrider is offline   Profile for AmtrakDesertWindrider Add AmtrakDesertWindrider to your buddy list Homepage of AmtrakDesertWindrider
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by AmtrakDesertWindrider
quote:

Chill bro.

And from personal observation, I could say at least one of the latest MLP characters is a dead ringer for Nausicaä.

ADW: This thread now has been derelled...

MLP? Derelled? Say What!!!

02.20.2012, 04:01 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

*derailed

And MLP... stands for...

My
Little
Pony.

:C

My Anime List

02.20.2012, 06:13 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

I guess sadly it all takes time. Even in developed countries, even in liberal countries we can't say women have equal rights. And then just look at the middle east....

02.20.2012, 08:10 PM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:

Pony thread? Anyone?

iv watched the first two episodes. i like it but, why? Its strangely entertaining

02.20.2012, 08:19 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
[  «    1  2  3  4  5    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks