QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - For fans of My Neighbor Totoro
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » For fans of My Neighbor Totoro » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3    »  ]
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Another convert...

01.20.2012, 12:05 AM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
PrettyKittyMeowMeow
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.10.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by PrettyKittyMeowMeow Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I actually bookmarked it. pretty cool.

01.20.2012, 01:36 AM PrettyKittyMeowMeow is offline   Profile for PrettyKittyMeowMeow Add PrettyKittyMeowMeow to your buddy list
leonbloy
Warawara

Registration Date: 10.26.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by leonbloy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Some artwork:

http://www.style.fm/as/02_topics/artwork...k_maimai1.shtml

http://www.style.fm/as/02_topics/artwork...k_maimai6.shtml

http://www.style.fm/as/02_topics/artwork..._maimai14.shtml

(clicking in the numbers on the left navigation bar you get more)

and some animation proofs (idem)

http://www.style.fm/as/02_topics/artwork...aimai_m01.shtml

01.25.2012, 05:39 PM leonbloy is offline   Profile for leonbloy Add leonbloy to your buddy list Homepage of leonbloy
Theowne
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Bumping this thread to the top again for those who may have missed it the first time.

04.29.2012, 10:42 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was linked to this thread, is there a DVD copy ?. I haven't been able to find one.

07.31.2013, 03:00 AM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
Koda
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Anyone, I really want to see this ?

09.05.2013, 02:21 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

All I can say is to check on eBay or similar sites or a local movie rental shop. I don't know if you have Netflix over there, but if so, try that. I know it is listed in Netflix over here. On eBay you can sometimes find Disney versions of many of the Ghibli films...

09.05.2013, 02:50 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
leonbloy
Warawara

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by leonbloy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Given that's practically impossible to get it legally, you might fell justified to get it... well, the other way.
Eg http://goo.gl/imK73F

09.07.2013, 09:18 AM leonbloy is offline   Profile for leonbloy Add leonbloy to your buddy list Homepage of leonbloy
Koda
Ohmu

I will have to burn it onto DVD then, or put it on my Memory stick, then play on my PS3.

09.08.2013, 03:50 AM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
Theowne
Baron

Just bringing this recommendation back to the top for a moment.

12.07.2013, 11:47 AM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Koda
Ohmu

I still want a DVD of this, any help yet?. I don't want to burn or watch online.

12.09.2013, 04:39 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

As far as I know it's still not on DVD in the UK. I'd suggest you keep checking Amazon, but I have no idea whether you can expect it to appear soon or at all.

12.09.2013, 08:11 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Theowne
Baron

Although not strictly related, I've learned the director of this film, Sunao Katabuchi, is working on a new film, adapted from the manga To All The Corners Of The World (Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni).

I am extremely excited for this. I'm sure leonbloy shares in that For now, Katabuchi is where I am looking for the continuation of the Ghibli essence....

Post last edited by Theowne on 12.28.2013, 12:17 AM.

12.28.2013, 12:07 AM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
carly28
Tanuki

Registration Date: 12.28.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by carly28 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Where can I get this in the uk? Or even just watch it. I can't find it on amazon :/

01.04.2014, 04:08 AM carly28 is offline   Profile for carly28 Add carly28 to your buddy list
carly28
Tanuki

Registration Date: 12.28.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by carly28 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just arren response ignore me lol

01.04.2014, 04:09 AM carly28 is offline   Profile for carly28 Add carly28 to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I actually have an update on this! A fairly new anime distribution company is going to begin a Kickstarter soon to fund a release of Mai Mai Miracle in the UK and US, possibly with an English dub too. They have information on it here, also including a link to a preview of what the Kickstarter will look like if you're interested in contributing. http://www.alltheanime.com/mai-mai-kickstarter-qas/

02.04.2014, 12:55 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Koda
Ohmu

That's an odd thing to do, just for one film?

02.04.2014, 06:52 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
Theowne
Baron

Thanks arren, I'm definitely first in line to contribute.

02.04.2014, 09:49 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
leonbloy
Warawara

Interesting.

I'm hoping to get some day my hands on the Spanish dub, apparently it's been played on TV at Mexico, but i didn't find more than this snippet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPD7OwtaHjI

02.05.2014, 02:12 PM leonbloy is offline   Profile for leonbloy Add leonbloy to your buddy list Homepage of leonbloy
arren18
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by SpideyIncarnated
That's an odd thing to do, just for one film?

I believe they've done it for others before. Because they're a new company, if they want to give something a really nice release and not just a standard package then they have to do this kind of thing. Honestly I think it's a good idea, even if it is just one film, because it doesn't just ask how much interest there is but actually asks people to contribute and show if they're interested enough to actually buy it.

02.06.2014, 03:51 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  «    1  2  3    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks