QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Studio Ghibli Documentaries With English Subtitles?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Studio Ghibli Documentaries With English Subtitles? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Kodama

Registration Date: 04.05.16
  Studio Ghibli Documentaries With English Subtitles?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Iblarder Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I am curious about which documentaries exist out there that were "official" or approved/authorized by Studio Ghibli that have been released onto either DVD or Blu-ray and have English subtitles.

By this I mean, it's not just some third-party special or documentary overview about Ghibli... it actually interviews Ghibli employees and includes on-screen commentaries, tours the studio, and offers behind-the-scenes access. Full-access type documentaries.

So far I own just three:

The One Who Painted Totoro's Forest
The Kingdom of Dreams and Madness
Isao Takahata and His Tale of The Princess Kaguya

Are there others out there I can pick up?

The region encoding of the DVD or Blu-ray does not matter, my player is region-free. But I require English subtitles or dubbing.

Thank you!

Would you like to listen to distant memories, feel the wind of an enchanting world, visit breath-taking landscapes, and meet the people of your wildest dreams? Then come visit the enchanting world of Iblard!

04.05.2016, 07:23 PM Iblarder is offline   Profile for Iblarder Add Iblarder to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome to the Tavern, Iblarder...

04.06.2016, 12:45 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
paperbullet
Kodama

Registration Date: 11.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by paperbullet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Disney DVD for "Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind" has a lovely piece about the history of the studio that was originally shown on Japanese television. Not sure what it's called, however.

05.01.2016, 03:47 PM paperbullet is offline   Profile for paperbullet Add paperbullet to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks