QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Whisper of the Heart (2022)
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Whisper of the Heart (2022) » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Whisper of the Heart (2022)Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

While looking something up about WotH, I found another movie by the same name, apparent sequel of sorts, but in 'live action'... Shizuku and Seiji are in it and from the plot description, it does appear to be a sequel of sorts...

It may have been mentioned before, but I don't recall ever hearing about This movie... I was able to order a DVD of the movie...

Post last edited by husky51 on 06.05.2023, 01:22 AM.

06.05.2023, 01:09 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh yeah, I knew about this! It's a new adaptation of the manga, and apparently it includes a section set some time after the original. I think it's supposed to be its own thing, but from the designs and so on it did seem to me that it's clearly influenced by the existing Ghibli version.

I actually could've recently watched it on a flight, but I didn't end up going for it. I think I'd heard it wasn't especially well received.

06.05.2023, 03:35 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Once I receive it, I'll let you know what I think.

From the promo, the full names of the two main characters are identical so we'll see.

06.05.2023, 11:52 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watched the live action "Whisper of the Heart" (2022) today

My Thoughts

Reminds me of "Only Yesterday" in the way that the story skips
back and forth between the past and the present a number
of times..

Yuko and other characters from the school years are included in
the story...

Several scenes and scenarios from the Ghibli "WOTH" are included.

Based on the Manga by Aoi Hiiragi...

As in the original Ghibli movie, I cried at times...

Overall, Well Done IMHO...

06.24.2023, 09:18 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Glad to hear you enjoyed it! Maybe I'll check it out when I get a chance.

06.26.2023, 08:00 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks