QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ghibli Art/Fanart
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Ghibli Art/Fanart » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...    »  ]
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

this is disappointing

so next stage is to watch all ghibli shorts

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

07.15.2013, 03:18 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I tried looking up everything Studio Ghibli made in 2010 and 1991, since those are the labels beside her. And I mean everything they made. And got nothing. Well, not nothing, but nothing with a blonde girl in a white dress. Strange.

My Anime List

07.15.2013, 05:27 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Maybe it's a character, that was supposed to be shown but now.

07.15.2013, 06:44 AM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't recall ever seeing a blonde Ghibli girl image...

It almost seems like the '2010' date was there for both Arreity and the Blonde girl, otherwise the only place for a year number would have been just to the left of the girl, just above "young' Taeko's head. I will have to rewatch the movie and see if there was a brief image shown somewhere in the movie. As I recall, ALL of the girls had brown or black hair. Now here is a possible point to think of, Arriety is a distinct redhead, different from any of the other Ghibli's, so maybe the distinct blonde belonged t the same movie at some point. I just don't know, I'm clutching at straws here...

She may have been a character that was supposed to be, but was deleted. Something like SpideyI suggests.

It is the only explanation that I can think of other than being from a Ghibli short, like savior suggests.

She definitely is not from 'On Your Mark'.

Post last edited by husky51 on 07.15.2013, 11:02 AM.

07.15.2013, 10:56 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Looks to me as if whoever composed the image forgot to add her year. I don't recognise her either... Could she be from a pre-Ghibli film like Castle of Cagliostro or Hols?

07.15.2013, 11:14 AM arren18 is online   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

We were just talking about these little books yesterday or the day before, I wonder?

Now this appears to be a blonde, even though she doesn't appear in the movie. I still have to watch it...

07.15.2013, 11:25 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.12.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, I mean, the first person I thought of when I saw that was Sophie's sister. But that definitely isn't her. *sigh* And so the search continues...

EDIT: WAITTTT!!!! What was that pre-ghibli movie? Midori no... or Mitori no..... I'm checking, I haven't seen that movie in a very long time.

EDIT 2: It was Miyori no Mori, I own it. Umm, I think the goddess/mother/spirit figure was blonde? But the girl in the mural looks too young. So, that's a dead end.

Post last edited by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g on 07.15.2013, 01:39 PM.

07.15.2013, 01:25 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
leonbloy
Warawara

Registration Date: 10.26.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by leonbloy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This is supposed to be a Ghibli mural, no much sense in looking at pre-Ghibli. It's hard to admit that someone messed up (though, frankly, the composition does not impress me very much. it looks... amateurish to me), so the next less improbable guess is that it's from a future movie?

07.15.2013, 02:09 PM leonbloy is offline   Profile for leonbloy Add leonbloy to your buddy list Homepage of leonbloy
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This is bothering me. It's really agitating.

I highly doubt that it's a new movie. I mean, everyone has been busy with Kaze Tachinu and Kaguya-hime no Monogatari. Furthermore, if it was from a short, there would still be a year next to it, and that's a mistake that really can't be overlooked. So that means that it is most likely a new movie. But that makes no sense. AAAAAAAAGHHHH!

07.15.2013, 02:23 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
I tried looking up everything Studio Ghibli made in 2010 and 1991, since those are the labels beside her. And I mean everything they made. And got nothing. Well, not nothing, but nothing with a blonde girl in a white dress. Strange.

Clearly the character is supposed to be in the Borrower Arietty film, though I don't remember her.

I'm pretty sure that drawing Husky, is Arietty.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.15.2013, 02:34 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

I agree with you, Saddles, totally, but it is the only instance in which I could find a Ghibli girl with even remotely blonde hair...

07.15.2013, 07:15 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

OK, I watched Arrietty in full and saw no other female figure like the one in the banner. It just reminded me of my dislike for the character in that movie named Haru...

I noticed this time that when Spinner gave Arrietty that Raspberry fruit that he gave it in the same manner as Kanta giving the umbrella to Satsuki...

Post last edited by husky51 on 07.17.2013, 11:04 PM.

07.17.2013, 11:03 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Ohmu

Wut.
Wut.
Wut.
Wut.
I can just imagine... meowthmobile/meowthbus running away... full of stolen pokemon...

Anyways, I didn't know where to post this so...

08.05.2013, 06:12 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'd make a Pokemon joke, but I don't think anyone here would get it.

Suddenly I feel lonely...

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

08.06.2013, 01:45 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller

i watched a lot of pokemon. cause they show pokemon all the time in cartoon network.but really was not interested in details as it is fantasy anyway.

do you know pokemon first movie was a huge blockbuster more than 160mils in 1998 maybe. that is even more than most action films.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 08.06.2013, 04:46 AM.

08.06.2013, 04:16 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Ohmu

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller

Make the damn joke!

08.06.2013, 11:20 AM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Uhhh... no... it's okay... sorry for mentioning it... I'll go die in a corner now...

Also, I forgot the joke

Actually I was just thinking how fitting it would be to have a Ralts and a Kirlia inside the Meowth bus.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

08.07.2013, 01:45 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Ohmu

I love this.

08.13.2013, 01:43 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ah, that's nice. I like the little butterflies; nice touch.

My Anime List

08.14.2013, 03:31 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Ohmu

Um.

08.15.2013, 04:50 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks