QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Let's make a story!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Let's make a story! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3    »  ]
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Let's make a story!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So I hear rumours that the tavern's been all quiet. Not to say much about anything, but hey, let's start something up.

The idea of an RPG, as much as I love it, has certain hiccups. But the idea of creating a story itself, I believe everyone here has an interest.

So here's the plan.

Let's make a story. Heck, let's make a novel.

Plot discussion begins now.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

02.28.2012, 12:24 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've seen on some forums, people posting a short sentence then the next person carries it on.

02.28.2012, 12:41 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes well... I'm hoping for something grander than that

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

02.28.2012, 12:53 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by hopexx5
I've seen on some forums, people posting a short sentence then the next person carries it on.

I think we might've had a thread like that here once, but game threads don't really inspire huge activity. Roar's idea could be good though! Let me think on it.

02.28.2012, 01:43 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

-Lonely guy alone in badly furnished apartment
-Raining, he's all sad and alone and stuff
-This dude's got no money
-Guys all sad and stuff, get working on some pity
-Go through a few dull days of his life
-Something bad happens, make readers feel pity
-The guy has to leave apartment for crummy new one
-After a rough start makes friends with neighbours, falls in love with some cute girl
-She initially rejects him, falls for him too after some romantic gesture
-Typical sunset finish, cite running joke from earlier in novel
Then:
Sell movie rights, make millions for recycled story.

Spend money on getting new fonts for the tavern

02.28.2012, 08:07 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It just came to me: you know how only some people can identify with some characters?

Similar to an RPG, why don't we create our own characters with their own background, and the creator gets to control his/her behaviour? That way everyone gets to have a say in how the story goes.

We need a plot first, though. Actually, we need a genre. Horror, thriller, romance, comedy, drama?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

02.28.2012, 10:34 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thriller please.
Or a drama.

Post last edited by Calforsale on 02.29.2012, 05:31 AM.

02.29.2012, 05:31 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Mm, that's an idea, Roar.

For a genre, I suppose I'd like a horror/thriller/drama type thing. Another important question I think is real-world or fantasy?

My Anime List

02.29.2012, 11:13 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

I'm personally for real world by virtue of preference. It would be more fun to deal with fantasy though, where you can rewrite physics

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

02.29.2012, 12:04 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ahh this sounds like an interesting idea! Though I'm still a little unsure of how it will be put into practice

How about a quasi-realistic plot? Set in the real world, so as to provide some grounding and a strong base for everybody, but then with elements of fantasy or fiction? Though I know not everybody are into those kind of plots.

And I'm happy with thriller/dramas! But there should always be elements of comedy or romance for it to work well

02.29.2012, 04:27 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I would like real-world, I think. Since I tend to go for sci-fi or fantasy settings, it'd be more interesting to have a bit of a change.

02.29.2012, 04:29 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I, unfortunately, am not good at these sorts of endeavor, so I will sit on the sidelines and encourage you all in your work. I will enjoy following the storyline, I am sure since I know that some of you are quite talented, from my own experience.

Go for it!!!

And most of all, have fun...

03.01.2012, 01:41 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
I, unfortunately, am not good at these sorts of endeavor, so I will sit on the sidelines and encourage you all in your work. I will enjoy following the storyline, I am sure since I know that some of you are quite talented, from my own experience.
Oh no no no no, that won't do.

*drags husky back*

Any input is good input. Inspiration often comes from the unlikeliest places.

So thriller/drama seems to get the most support. Fantasy we'l see about that. I don't mind having a detective thriller involving winged people. Imagine how they'd try and solve that (since the suspect could literally fly away).

I'm for non-school related stuff, btw. As for plot, I'm for conspiracy theory, though I realize how hard it is to actually formulate a plot like that.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

03.01.2012, 09:35 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Interesting idea.

How about we create characters set in the world/universe of another anime? Something with a good solid setting that's easy to relate to, like Last Exile, or the universe of Haruhi Suzumiya, or a city like Number 6. We don't need canon characters but those kinds of starting points give us a firm setting that everyone can relate to (who has seen the anime anyway).

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

03.01.2012, 12:56 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

I'm not so keen on that idea. It would only work with something that everyone knows, and we would all need to know it pretty well and like it to want to go ahead.

Something thrillery could be fun to do. I like the suggestion of conspiracy theories, but it would be far too difficult to pull off, I think.

03.01.2012, 05:19 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well if anyone needs characters i've been drawing three elves to pass some time at night.
Ones called Kate, And there is a brother and sister both called Willow and share similar traits and behavior *because i couldn't think of two separate personalty's.

03.02.2012, 09:36 AM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You could count me in!!

I am up for thriller/ drama, but for simplicity I think it should be a sort of detective stroy, then you could include anything you wanted in that to make the cases they have to solve as wierd as we wanted.

Conspiracy may be hard to pull off on its own, but their is always the possibility of political corruption of some sort, it would be easier then to tie in conspiracy.

I also love the Idea of creating our own characters that we have control of ourselves. The only issue is we would have to have a solid plot line, and no blocking in the writing where it could stop some characters being present in the plot, otherwise it would be unfair. Also their would have to be total comitment because we couldn't just have main characters dropping in and out of the plot when they are crucial. So it would make sense to get a solid plot line then work out who would be what character, then leave it up to them to create the characters persona and backstory.

Just an idea!! But you can definately count me in!

03.03.2012, 03:18 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

quote:
Originally posted by hopexx5
Well if anyone needs characters i've been drawing three elves to pass some time at night.
Ones called Kate, And there is a brother and sister both called Willow and share similar traits and behavior *because i couldn't think of two separate personalty's.

I don't fancy elves, but how about a profile of them characters?

Alright guys, main genre's set as thriller (plus whatever you want to add), so let's go to the plot.

I like the idea of a corrupt official. Shall we have a country/suburban setting? Should be a familiar setting to most, I think.

On characters:

Name: Undecided
Profile: Works at a provisions store near the Town Hall. Unassuming, bit of a conspiracy theorist, trustworthy.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

03.04.2012, 12:58 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think it would make more sense if it was a government official that the conspiracy revolved around, we could have so much more fun and many more posibilities!!

Just an Idea!

Oh and are we creating our own characters if we want to be involved in the story?

03.04.2012, 11:19 AM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Not really. But we need characters either way And it's a nice way to "role-play" a novel, you know?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

03.04.2012, 01:03 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
[  1  2  3    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks