QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Cosplay
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Cosplay » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5    »  ]
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

No way that's just photography.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

02.15.2015, 12:49 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm sure not. I know the lighting effect is real, though.

My Anime List

02.15.2015, 01:16 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The rain isn't in front of the figure so my guess is the clouds and rain are a simple studio backdrop - so it could be a straight photo.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

02.15.2015, 09:29 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This is so cool!!

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 06.02.2015, 05:10 PM.

06.02.2015, 05:07 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow, that's impressive! Did the make the costume or was it bought?

06.02.2015, 05:59 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Offhand, I'd say it was hand-made

06.03.2015, 01:12 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I would assume hand-made, since I highly doubt that outfits like that are for sale anywhere.

06.03.2015, 05:04 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It looks like one of those costumes that seem like a great idea for a fancy dress party but then after 10 minutes you realise it's not.

Still... 10/10 for effort and originality. The miniature trees look like real plants.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 06.03.2015, 11:04 AM.

06.03.2015, 11:03 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hahaha, I'd hate to have them back into me if the propellers spin... lol

06.03.2015, 04:09 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

08.26.2015, 08:43 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Took a while to recognize the anime.....

I won't say what one it is right away, just to give others a chance to guess... lol

08.26.2015, 04:35 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The first real anime I ever watched, and probably the best comedy I've seen to date!

08.27.2015, 06:34 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Kurosawa Yamato from Sukitte Ii Na Yo. No idea if its a girl or a guy.

11.22.2015, 09:24 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Oh my god. o_o Perfect. Fairly certain that'll be a girl... Ahh, I'd really like their name.

My Anime List

11.22.2015, 09:29 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
belborges
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.01.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by belborges Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

11.23.2015, 12:33 AM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Ah, that's so sweet. Great set/location for the photo too.

Kaz - I had a hunt around but everyone is just reblogging it from everywhere else without knowing who it is. I did end up at a Japanese site that I can't read so you may have more luck than I:

http://www.cosp.jp/view_photo.aspx?id=6381256&m=109203

Post last edited by Saddletank on 11.23.2015, 07:39 AM.

11.23.2015, 07:26 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Aha! You got further than I did then. Good work, Watson.
That is her and
I
Am
In
Love.

She's a lady as I thought, and what a handsome one. <3 Now, I have a good deal of photos to save...

@bel I love that cosplay! It's great~ Good setting, as Saddles said.

My Anime List

11.23.2015, 09:19 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Can you give a link to the section of her site that has the pics? PM me if it'll clutter the board up. Its not just you who likes hot Japanese cosplayers you know

Nevermind - found it. There's very few that I'm familiar with but I can say she's really serious about her hobby (work?) and looks amazing. There's so much care going into the photography, posing and settings with these. Cosplay is no longer people looking self-conscious in the halls of manga events like it was 10 years ago, it looks like its becoming a full-fledged industry with quality artists at work.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 11.23.2015, 11:19 AM.

11.23.2015, 11:11 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Yeah, it's really cool that professional cosplay is a thing now... And those that do it are amazing and hardworking. I follow a couple on Facebook and it's crazy how busy they are! They're in a different country every week. Must be amazing to get to travel around like that, if tiring.

My Anime List

11.23.2015, 12:08 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

@Kaz
But you would love it, wouldn't you...

@bel
I like the setting of your pic... It reminds me of Chihiro on the balcony except that this one is inside...

11.23.2015, 01:13 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    1  2  3  4  5    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks