QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Cosplay
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Cosplay » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5    »  ]
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wahhh, awesome Levi cosplay!

Sad the first series is over without too many big revelations, I feel it tailed off a tad towards the end - I might have to take up the manga again.

10.10.2013, 12:34 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ah, it's kinda disappointing to hear that it ends like that. I feel like that happens quite often with anime based on long-running manga series, and it always feels like a letdown.

Anyway, that's an impressive cosplay! Maybe I'll have a look for some I could post, since I have seen some good ones.

10.11.2013, 07:58 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just realised those swords are made of those snap-off knife blade things so popular in Japan and the boxes strapped to the thighs have spare blades in! That's so weirdly typical of anime to take some common mundane item of stationery and make it into a weapon

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

10.11.2013, 12:55 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
I just realised those swords are made of those snap-off knife blade things so popular in Japan

Erm, I'm pretty sure pen knives/box cutters are used around the world though...?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

10.12.2013, 12:54 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

At least they're quite common in North America! The good quality ones are the OLFA blades, which are indeed made in Japan though. I thought it was quite creative to see it as a sword design.

10.12.2013, 02:07 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

True, I used them at work in my first job in the 1980s but I seem to keep seeing them a lot in anime for some reason. I assumed they were originally a Japanese design/patent. Fighting with those huge boxes strapped to your legs must be awkward though!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

10.12.2013, 09:17 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wikipedia says you're right . They were invented in Japan, apparently inspired by the segmentations in chocolate bars.

10.12.2013, 11:47 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

And in one of those odd connections I was breaking and eating a chocolate bar as I read the link

10.12.2013, 01:13 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

They worked ok for me, but I was always leery when snapping off an old section in a utility knife I was working with. I cut myself once while doing that one time. I preferred the metal single blade design myself.

10.12.2013, 04:26 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I feel sure I've posted this before at some point but it's so good I'll post it again. XD

My Anime List

10.29.2013, 10:44 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't remember seeing that before! Anyway, I really like it. Is there any more where that came from?

10.29.2013, 11:44 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sure! Here. ^^ That's just the Pokémon folder, I'd recommend taking a look through her (the one cosplaying Jessie) whole gallery, she's done a lot of awesome cosplays.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 10.29.2013, 12:01 PM.

10.29.2013, 12:00 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

While that red wig is amazing, what's even more awesome is they have managed to get hold of what looks like a mobile SCUD launcher to pose in front of.

10.29.2013, 01:21 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm guessing army museum, judging by the lack of dirt.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

10.30.2013, 10:02 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Haha, I like those other ones too. Especially the one with the unconvincing Ash disguise. Also cool that's she's done Tenchi Muyo! I don't often see cosplay of that.

10.30.2013, 10:29 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

12.30.2013, 02:54 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

It took me until the 2nd last pic to get which anime this was from. At least she got Ritsuko's mole right.

Also, Kaji is like whoa damn. What I'd give to look like that.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

12.30.2013, 11:26 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I'm surprised! I thought you get it straight away. The girl playing Ritsuko is amazing I think, she has the face right, the expressions right and the body language. The dude playing Kaji doesn't quite have it right - his face is too serious and deadpan, he needs to wear a more foxy, mischievous expression. Kaji was always smiling, even when he wasn't, if you know what I mean. Even when he was 1 second away from death, he was smiling. He was that kind of guy.

The guy playing Gendo is just too young. His face doesn't work at all for me.

The Misato girl is physically just right and costume-wise but again there's something missing in the expressions. She shouldn't be shifty eyed at Kaji *all* the time, where's that knowing look about finding out the dirty secrets, or that crazy laugh?

Also where does this idea that Misato has purple hair come from? It's black.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 12.31.2013, 01:00 AM.

12.31.2013, 12:59 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

No idea who this character is, the picture just looks so nice:

My Anime List

02.18.2014, 01:32 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I didn't know whether to put this in the Ghibli art thread or the couples thread or the cosplay thread, but settled on this one.

My Anime List

07.11.2014, 05:41 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4  5    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks